Forums » Elder Scrolls

Hearthfire

• 24 posts
    April 13, 2013 11:13 AM EDT

Spoilers will follow. Viewer discretion is advised. 

Hearthfire 

This post is all about Hearthfire. What house did you build? What Hold? Who was your steward. What wings did you put on your house? What child(dren) if any? 

I hope to hear about your House of Wonders and I'm sure the community would too. 

• 1483 posts
    April 13, 2013 11:21 AM EDT

Windstad Manor (Hjaalmarch) and Lakeview Manor (Falkreath). Library, Greenhouse, Trophy Room, Fishing Pond at Windstad, only basic house at Lakeview. Stewards are the corresponding housecarls. No children

• 1913 posts
    April 13, 2013 11:47 AM EDT
    My canon dragonborn Aurian built lakeview manor. He built an armory to have a place for all of his trophies from past hard fights, a bedroom for his daughter Lucia, and I believe a trophy room but I'm not entirely sure, it's been awhile... I made Ludia my steward, she was my only housecarl at the time and Aurian felt bad for leaving her in Whiterun after traveling with Serana (Lydia was like a sister to him and he felt bad for leaving her alone, plus he needed a babysitter :P)
  • April 13, 2013 2:53 PM EDT
    I had more guys with houses by the only one left has Windstad Manor with bedroom area trophy room(wanted to keep a reminder of what I killed) I call the house the "Hall of Heroes". Wanting to marry Aela (on that toon) have Eric as follower and the Housecarl from Morthal as steward.

I plan on having more toons with houses but finding the right amount of ore/ingots always tires me =P
  • April 13, 2013 2:55 PM EDT
    Forgot: I plan to get one of those midgets to have more in the "Hall"
    • 1913 posts
    April 13, 2013 2:59 PM EDT
    Don't have kids... Aela is never happy wherever you are once she has kids...
  • April 13, 2013 3:21 PM EDT
    When did I say kids? I want a dog =P
    • 1913 posts
    April 13, 2013 3:23 PM EDT
    Just warning... Aela turns into a huge bitch... And this is coming from a guy who hates calling women demeaning names.
  • April 13, 2013 3:27 PM EDT
    When I get kids, dogs or a house? =D
    • 127 posts
    April 13, 2013 3:43 PM EDT

When I came home Aela was always complaining, hated her and loaded previous saves, when I was single.

• 1913 posts
    April 13, 2013 3:45 PM EDT
    I guess they made her that bitchy so the whole Aela vs Serana thing had a clear winner...
  • April 13, 2013 3:52 PM EDT
    Aww I just wanted to rub her belly and watch her play fetch the ball... =(
  • April 13, 2013 4:06 PM EDT
    I wanted I house full of kids until I realized I could only have 2... Then got angry that I picked one that slept under a roof instead of the stable boy =(
  • April 13, 2013 4:09 PM EDT
    And the one I don't like never behaves and never listens to me(but can't find a way to send her to the orphanage =/
    • 24 posts
    April 14, 2013 5:03 AM EDT

On my characters that use melee and magic I like to have an armory, trophy room and enchanters tower. Stealth characters get a greenhouse, alchemy tower and kitchen. The kitchen is awesome.

Mages get all 3 tower additions.

• 365 posts
    April 14, 2013 5:08 AM EDT

Your wings change depending on what type of character you are? Are you sure?

• 24 posts
    April 15, 2013 12:03 PM EDT

i like to have wings that correspond to the characters skills. Example: If i play a guy that uses no crafting skills, I will add a bedroom, kitchen and trophy room as they don't benefit the crafting skills. If I use a character that uses alchemy and smithing I get the greenhouse, alchemy tower and Armory and so on. I like my additions to have at least some purpose other than cosmetic reasons. I won't add additions just because the porch is nice etc.

• 89 posts
    April 15, 2013 9:50 PM EDT
    I really haven't gone into the hearthfire dlc...I bought it, but it was on sale on the psn store. Seeing as how the dlc has officially ended...I'm glad I got it, should bring something extra.