Forums » Elder Scrolls

Followers of Skyrim

• 78 posts
    May 24, 2013 8:47 PM EDT

Yes I always have a follower.  Good aggro to whatever else shall come while your fighting something.  Yes annoying sometimes when they get in your way of the bow, but otherwise, need them to carry lots of your collectibles.  Favs are Marcurio, J'Zargo, Athis, Uthgerd, Janessa

• 1 posts
    May 25, 2013 12:11 AM EDT

First play through I played a dark elf assassin with no mods installed (I play PC, just didn't have a powerful enough one at the time), and I HATED followers (traps, sneak failures, etc.). This play through I have a much better machine and am running a battlemage who uses 2 handed to close in combat and have quite a few increased difficulty mods installed , so I wanted to give followers another try, and I will say with a few mods they can be super fun!

-UFO: ultimate follower overhaul, let's you have up to 15 followers and gives you group commands in the form of new shouts (super useful)

-also a mod (forgot the name) that gives followers a perk that makes it impossible for them to trigger traps.

If you have a pc and want to try to use followers, I cannot recommend those 2 mods enough!

• 106 posts
    May 25, 2013 1:52 AM EDT

Agreed. My characters get lonely sometimes

• 62 posts
    May 25, 2013 11:16 AM EDT

Can someone help me with something?

Which followers do not come with a default bow? 

One of the main reasons I don't use followers is because their AI is completely messed up, with characters repeatedly insisting on using bows for no good reason. I really enjoyed running around with the Dark Brotherhood girl recently, and realised that this was mainly thanks to her sticking to close quarters combat. 

• 1913 posts
    May 25, 2013 12:58 PM EDT
    They don't walk into traps for me. You are not alone man, Lydia is my favorite :)
    • 185 posts
    May 25, 2013 1:32 PM EDT

I Backstabbed Lydia...

I Backstabbed Mjoll

I Backstabbed Jenassa

I Backstabbed Marcurio

I Backstabbed All Non-Essential Followers in my assassin....

• 1913 posts
    May 25, 2013 1:40 PM EDT
    I dislike you strongly :P
  • May 25, 2013 1:43 PM EDT
    I like Jenassa and Marcurio. But I don't like Lydia, and Mjoll never shuts the hell up.
    • 952 posts
    May 25, 2013 1:45 PM EDT

I approve of this comment.

• 1913 posts
    May 25, 2013 1:46 PM EDT
    Lydia is the best housecarl!
    • 952 posts
    May 25, 2013 1:48 PM EDT

I disapprove this comment.

• 185 posts
    May 25, 2013 1:48 PM EDT

I Killed All The Followers only in the assassin... Because Assassins Dont Need Followers, But my mage uses Marcurio Or Mjoll

And My Warrior Uses Benor...

• 1913 posts
    May 25, 2013 1:54 PM EDT
    Why not just leave them in their cities? You assassin sounds like a psychopath
    • 1913 posts
    May 25, 2013 1:54 PM EDT
    You have no taste
    • 952 posts
    May 25, 2013 1:57 PM EDT

You ARE bad taste.

• 185 posts
    May 25, 2013 1:58 PM EDT

He is a Psychopath...

Anyway,I Am Bored Of Assassins

Time To Play Another Build...

• May 25, 2013 2:02 PM EDT
    Good point, Ben. I still like Janessa, though :P
    • 59 posts
    May 25, 2013 2:19 PM EDT

Ben, I always need followers to do that... (talking early levels here) If I take 2 hits im dead...

• 62 posts
    May 25, 2013 5:25 PM EDT

Cicero is decent... or would be if he shut up.

"That's not a horker, that's my wife".

Dammit, man! You're meant to be a silent assassin!

• 1 posts
    May 25, 2013 5:37 PM EDT
    • Do you like followers? Yes or No. Explain why. 

Yes! I am doing a playthrough on legendary and I'm not sure how I would have been able to do it solo.  Conjuration I guess.  They do hinder my sneaky builds but the pros outweigh the cons.

• Who are your favourite followers? 

Belrand and Vorstag usually fit my backstory ideas.  Some of the mages are too powerful and steal too much of my glory.

• What type of follower are they? Housecarl, Hired merc, quest etc 

Usually hired mercs.  I've used almost all of them.

• 365 posts
    May 25, 2013 5:52 PM EDT

Followers are just a pain, especially for stealthy toons....

You stear clear of enemies, draw your poisoned dagger, and your follower comes crashing down the hallway with a large warhammer bigger than f*cking bargepole, bouncing off the walls, setting off all the traps and you're just sat there crouching like a twat with completely no defense -___-

Good followers are pretty much as follows : Faendal, Serana (IMO ), and Mjoll. Belrand and Vorstag aren't bad choices either....

I like followers because:

• They make you feel less lonely....
    • They're scripted to say funny stuff alot of the time (You know who you are!)
    • They make brilliant pack mules!
    • They aren't afraid of the most dangerous of foes.....

I hate them because:

• They can't stealth to save their life (sometimes literally! Excludes DB followers e.g. Cicero etc.)
    • They just say some daft things (Shall we go explore that cave? When we were just in there for 2 hours real-time....
    • Sometimes alot of the followers need constant healing, and have no boundaries of personal health, and think they're invincible for some reason.....
    • THEY GET IN THE WAY SO MUCH!!!! (Still not enough angry smiley's to show how annoying that really is...)
    • They can't jump (I KNOW I just gave you ten suits of daedric armor, now just jump up the bloody mountain!

/rant. Over.

• 127 posts
    May 25, 2013 6:01 PM EDT

No, no being an assassin doesn't mean you should be silent or hidden. Also he isn't an assassin anymore, he just oils the mother, collects flowers for her... sharpens his blade, makes it shiny gleamy and oh, so deadly... 

..tra la la, tra la lee, da da dum dum, dee dee...

• 78 posts
    May 25, 2013 10:48 PM EDT

I shoot before any of my followers get to 

• 78 posts
    May 25, 2013 10:50 PM EDT

OOOOO I forgot Cicero to add as my follower favorite!  I love his sayings!  

• 33 posts
    May 25, 2013 11:47 PM EDT

Cosnach is a boss. Just give him something to drink and watch him go to town on your enemies