Forums » Elder Scrolls

Dunmer of Skyrim

• 14 posts
    April 12, 2013 6:39 PM EDT

Came across this book (Dunmer Of Skyrim)  in my playthrough and even though I never really cared for the Dunmer, I really hate them now. It seems they are most people favorite race however. Anyone else share my hatred for the Dunmer? Maybe it is because I love the Argonians.

I realize that this will not lead to any in depth educated discussions but all the same I must vent my rage.

Link to Book: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Dunmer_of_Skyrim

• 1483 posts
    April 12, 2013 6:44 PM EDT

What book?

• 14 posts
    April 12, 2013 6:47 PM EDT

Dunmer of Skyrim

• 1483 posts
    April 12, 2013 6:55 PM EDT

Well I can see the reasons behind the book. Nords of Skyrim portraits Nords as fair, welcoming nation, open to all races when in reality they seem opposed to everyone except themselves. The book is an answer to those who sent the author's race to dwell in a slum and harass and insult them any chance they've got. So he emptied all his feelings in a book.

• 89 posts
    April 12, 2013 8:06 PM EDT
    I really don't hate any of the races, I think its all a matter of taste. Now factions...that's a different story.
    • 14 posts
    April 12, 2013 10:11 PM EDT

The dunmer however seem to have created many of the conditions themselves. Other races have somewhat integrated into the Nord society. I think it is the Dunmer attitude as a whole that is reflected by that book. I wouldn't welcome someone like that into my city.

I also dislike some of the factions.

• 89 posts
    April 12, 2013 11:48 PM EDT
    I just don't see where your coming from, why do you think one book reflects the whole culture? The majority of dark elves I've come across seem like good people. At the same time I don't see the argument for nords being racist, are they? Oh he'll yea..but not as a whole.
    • 34 posts
    April 13, 2013 2:18 AM EDT

How dare you! Mephala curse your bones! Azura blind your eyes! Boethiah cut out your tongue!

• April 13, 2013 2:35 AM EDT

The Dunmer are alright. I don't find them particularly interesting (though Neloth is friggin' hilarious).

• 5 posts
    April 13, 2013 3:22 AM EDT

I dont hate all the dumner, since it seems like that not all the dumner have such an attitude. Most of them just seem to not care so much about the war, but just wants to be accepted by the nords. But god i would love to kill the author of that book...

• 34 posts
    April 13, 2013 3:36 AM EDT

The Dunmer are the best race. They have the most interesting culture and are the most aesthetically pleasing race in the game. I can never bring myself to play as any of the other inferior races. 

• April 13, 2013 3:52 AM EDT
    "I know you like the Neravarine, and I really don't care as I hated them and the Dunmer as a whole." -Vix. Harsh words from the fox :P
    • 34 posts
    April 13, 2013 4:32 AM EDT

I wonder what Vix's favourite race is?

• 253 posts
    April 13, 2013 5:06 AM EDT

If I am correct, I remember him saying his favorite race was Khajit. Not 100% on this. 

• 966 posts
    April 13, 2013 6:23 AM EDT

Either that or the Lilmothiit.

• 10 posts
    April 13, 2013 7:58 AM EDT

I don't mind Dunmer, what really gets on my nerves though is when people say "Oh but Nords are the beat and most well rounded race." Because those people are clearly blind. Nords make good warriors, what else? Precisely. Imperials & Dunmer are very well rounded, both of these races can fit into most situations.

• 14 posts
    April 13, 2013 4:26 PM EDT

no doubt they are well rounded as far as starting stat boosts. I just cannot seem to find one Dunmer I like.