Forums » Elder Scrolls

Bugs CAUSED by patch 1.9

• 34 posts
    April 9, 2013 6:12 PM EDT

After installing the patch I noticed that the guards in Riften and Whiterun all appear in a concentrated group, and walk to their posts in a single file. Like they have just signed on for a shift. There also seems to be more of them around the holds. Has anyone noticed any new bugs caused by the latest patch?

• 6 posts
    April 9, 2013 6:40 PM EDT

Just the usual... my multi-monitor set-up doesn't work.  

• 365 posts
    April 9, 2013 6:45 PM EDT

It's just where the game has to reset guard positions and where they're supposed to be, and it does this by bunching them together and then it resets the code to walk to them positions.

• April 9, 2013 6:45 PM EDT
    They added guards inside Ulfric's castle. I expected like 2 or 3 per upstar section, but no, there like 4-5 up there blocking access to anywhere.

It's not like its trespassing, they're just in the way.

I started to test the patch with a high lvl character who has conditioning and can walk/run fast. Loaded a new character(in character selection to skip intro) and while playing noticed 2x normal walking speed. I literary went thru Helgen in like 2 mins killing everything and leveling up.

You should add stuff not fixed too.
  • April 9, 2013 6:51 PM EDT
    Stuff not fixed: Silent Moons Enchant! >:|
    • 365 posts
    April 9, 2013 6:52 PM EDT

Mason will rage quit on something if they don't end up fixing it!

• 168 posts
    April 9, 2013 7:12 PM EDT

We'd probably have some great builds that would utilize that enchant... If it only worked!

Seems like Beth just left this one to the modders to fix.

• 1483 posts
    April 9, 2013 7:16 PM EDT

I have the Unofficial Patch and it's fixed but I still have no idea how it works  It provides cool visual effects on hits, but I didn't notice any improvement in damage. But perhaps it's because I play on Legendary and used only preenchanted steel mace

• 291 posts
    April 9, 2013 7:20 PM EDT

It's incredibly easy to fix.  The Silent Moons Enchant effect, by mistake, refers to damaging "weapon speed" rather than "health".  That is the only reason why it doesn't work.

• 168 posts
    April 9, 2013 7:28 PM EDT

damaging weapon speed? so it makes you swing slower?

Plus like 85% of us Skyrim players can't download the unofficial patch that fixes it. I did think the effect looks very aesthetically fitting for a paladin or priest type character to have.

So many patches and still not fixed!

• 708 posts
    April 9, 2013 7:31 PM EDT

It targets weapon speed, yes, but the effect is instantaneous and has no duration. So it doesn't actually do anything.

• 291 posts
    April 9, 2013 7:33 PM EDT

Yes.  It's silly that they haven't fixed it for consoles.  I really can't even begin to comprehend why!

But, it doesn't make you swing slower, because the game's mechanics are not made to recalculate weapon speed on the fly due to a magical effect.  You can change overall movement/animation speed (slow time) and running seed (sprint/slow), but you cannot directly affect the stat "weapon speed".  It cannot be damaged using "damage X" magical effects.  It would have to be a scripted effect that constantly reset the weapon's speed.  It would then change EVERY weapon like that across the game (because you would be changing the weapon speed for every Iron Mace, for example).

So, instead, the effect simply doesn't do anything at all.