Forums » Elder Scrolls

Werewolf, Vampire or Flesh Eater (Champion of Namira)

• 365 posts
    March 28, 2013 11:47 AM EDT

Maybe this has been a discussion before most likely, but when you play an evil build, what do you side with (Werewolf etc.) and why?

• 127 posts
    March 28, 2013 11:59 AM EDT

I pick flesh eater if I'm a Khajiit or Argonian. Vampirism for anything else because werewolves are pretty underpowered at high levels.

• 131 posts
    March 28, 2013 12:46 PM EDT

I don't have very many "evil" characters. Willow (my RP build) and my Sorrow-Gale are the closest to evil of any character I'm playing right now. Both of them are vampire characters characters and my SG has the Ring of Namira (so I guess he's 1/2 & 1/2). My werewolf character (Skyler) is actually my good character and mostly only for the benefits of the resistances and no longer worrying about becoming a vampire.

If I made a brand new purely evil character I'd probably go with a mixture of Vampire and Flesh Eater. Something about the combination just sounds evil...times 2.

• 6 posts
    March 28, 2013 1:42 PM EDT

I prefer Flesh Eater myself because I don't like the limitations of Werewolf and Vampire without Dawnguard isn't much fun.

• 1913 posts
    March 28, 2013 2:11 PM EDT
    You only eat the people you kill... I'd call that a limitation...
    • 131 posts
    March 28, 2013 2:14 PM EDT

I believe he meant limitation as in the perkless werewolf/vampire characters. Since the Dawnguard DLC added in the skill trees that made both supernatural powers more powerful. I wouldn't call the "eat those you kill" a limitation. Simply due to how many people you kill in the game.

• 1913 posts
    March 28, 2013 2:37 PM EDT
    You can only eat from humanoid creatures that aren't draugr though... That's what I meant
  • March 28, 2013 5:45 PM EDT

Vampire.

• 153 posts
    March 28, 2013 9:00 PM EDT
    I would only do a werewolf for an evil character (exclude the pun) if i were to attack vilages in the night.
    • 1913 posts
    March 28, 2013 9:19 PM EDT
    I was a werewolf on a good character... It made him a tragic character. The fear that he may kill or eat someone while he was transformed... It made it interesting :)
    • 1913 posts
    March 28, 2013 10:25 PM EDT
    Yeah... Sure you may bite someone who is alive... But you can leave them alive. Cannibals? They eat people... There is no living after that...
    • 80 posts
    March 28, 2013 10:50 PM EDT

I rarely play an evil character but I'm usually a vampire when I do.

That said I'm usually a vampire anyways even on my good characters but not a vampire lord.

• May 13, 2013 11:52 AM EDT

Most of my Evil builds use necromancy and/or Illusion.  Others are Nihilists (Chaotic, actually rooting for Alduin to destroy the world so they can see it.)  I often wind up with Namira's Ring because I did the taste of Death for Eola.  one of my favorite endgame followers, she's at least tied with Jenassa with the broadest skillset.  She uses Summons, Necromancy, Light Armor, 1 Handed, and other Magic effectively.  The Necromancy is particularly nice, because you can get Twin Souls, Thrall two Master Vampires (Make one a Named one like Movarth) and all 3 of them will raise dead for you while you do whatever else it is you do.  The Ritual is fine, but it's a 1 shot unless you glitch it.  Every large melee with those 3 will grow your forces like the classic infectious Zombie Horde...

The bonuses from Cannibalism are nice too, especially for not having any penalties.  I don't need any Daedric Artifacts to be Evil, though.