Forums » Elder Scrolls

A new group

• 24 posts
    March 24, 2013 3:01 PM EDT

A new group for the site? 

Hey people of the earth, I have had the idea of a new group. 

Since I don't think there will be another elder scrolls game for a long long time perhaps we could make an Oblivion and/or Morrowind character building group. 

I know that Morrowind is a much loved game though I only played it for about 5 minutes before getting sad because of no speech. personally I think morrowind, if you like the idea, will get more wants. Tell me in your reply(s) what you think of the idea and your vote! 

• 18 posts
    March 24, 2013 3:05 PM EDT
    you posted the same thing twice
    • 10 posts
    March 24, 2013 3:30 PM EDT

This is the skyrim blog, do we really need stuff for oblivion and morrowind?

• March 24, 2013 3:33 PM EDT

We can have stuff for Oblivion and Morrowind, they're both great games. But all non-Skyrim builds have really flopped. I remember a Fallout build, an Oblivion build, even a Dark Souls build.

• 409 posts
    March 24, 2013 3:37 PM EDT
    Well I know a lot of people on this site have never played either game and wouldnt appreciate there being the clutter of oblivion and morrowind builds. I personally like the idea but again I dont think that many people would like all that on the SKYRIM blog, unless this were to become the elder scrolls blog.
    • 24 posts
    March 24, 2013 3:37 PM EDT

Have I? 

• 1483 posts
    March 24, 2013 3:44 PM EDT

Yeah 

• 409 posts
    March 24, 2013 3:52 PM EDT
    true dat
    • 773 posts
    March 24, 2013 4:07 PM EDT

To be clear, I asked Scout Mo to post this up, after he messaged me with the suggestion. So don't rag on him for the thread idea.

I'm more than happy to have a separate group for CB's from other ES games - subject to interest from enough people to justify it.

I don't want builds from other games in the current CB group. But I see no problem with a separate group. Anyone who doesn't want to look at or submit such builds simply wouldn't join that group.

But it all depends on whether there is interest, and so far there has been not much

• 1913 posts
    March 24, 2013 4:09 PM EDT
    Yes, rag on Paul :P just joking
    • 1913 posts
    March 24, 2013 4:09 PM EDT
    To be honest, I'm indifferent. It might be nice, it might be bad... I just don't care.
    • 1595 posts
    March 24, 2013 4:16 PM EDT

This could be interesting, I have never played Morrowind and I think because of that I didn't understand all the love Dunmer were getting when Oblivion came out. It has taken a combination of Dragonborn, Skalvar's Toxicologist and Adrik's Telvanni Wizard to get me wanting to play Morrowind.

So from my point of view an area dedicated to good TES III builds would be handy as I hear that game was quite tough.

• 409 posts
    March 24, 2013 4:25 PM EDT
    Like I said I would be interested. I think others would too but this has only got 48 views as of right now. Perhaps change the name of this discussion to something that would catch the eye of the people who would like a group such as this.
    • 1483 posts
    March 24, 2013 4:32 PM EDT

After playing Skyrim I don't think that I'll be able to play an older TES game even if gameplay is better and gives players more opportunities. I can't even play Fallout New Vegas anymore (installed it a few days ago, played for 10 minutes and uninstalled, lol ). A group for a newer TES game (when there'll be some information about it) will be more interesting IMO.

• 1913 posts
    March 24, 2013 4:34 PM EDT
    Fallout isn't related to ES in any minute way, why are you not able to play it? I would play it if my copy wasn't broken...
    • 409 posts
    March 24, 2013 4:35 PM EDT
    I feel bad for you man! To not be able to enjoy older games because of graphics! I cannot imagine a more terrible fate.
    • 1483 posts
    March 24, 2013 4:42 PM EDT

I know, and I'll be the first to admit that graphics aren't everything in games. In fact if I were to say what makes a good game graphics would be at around 10-15%. But you see I haven't played Morrowind before. I like to take time with new games immersing myself and learning more about game mechanics. And I think I won't be able to do it in a game with inferior graphics.

• 291 posts
    March 24, 2013 4:43 PM EDT

I think he means graphically, New Vegas still uses the old Oblivion engine and character models.  I can understand where he's coming from.  That doesn't stop me from playing New Vegas, but it was definitely something I noticed when I started up the game.  ("Hey...these guys don't look as hardcore as Skyrim people do. :(  Oh well!  Which way is The Strip!")

• 1483 posts
    March 24, 2013 4:44 PM EDT

I don't know maybe it's not as much about graphics. Maybe it's due to a fact that I've played it extensively for a very long time, and to start it again...

• 1483 posts
    March 24, 2013 4:46 PM EDT

:) I think graphics just add to that feeling...

• 1913 posts
    March 24, 2013 4:53 PM EDT
    ? What are you talking about, they don't look like marshmallows.
    • 1483 posts
    March 24, 2013 5:09 PM EDT

Yeah but I think you won't argue that overall Skyrim graphics are a big step forward from New Vegas. The fact that I've finished all quests in the game (and not once) leaves me the only way to play - sit back and enjoy the world of Fallout. Don't get me wrong it's very good but it's not something to keep me playing for a few hours every day. 

• 1913 posts
    March 24, 2013 5:17 PM EDT
    I don't care for graphics at all, and laugh when people say a game is bad because of inferior graphics, or that they don't like a game cause of the graphics.
    • 1483 posts
    March 24, 2013 5:18 PM EDT

See my post below for my opinion on game graphics

• 1483 posts
    March 24, 2013 5:18 PM EDT

Yes, and after I've played the games with modern graphics like Skyrim so extensively (I was one of +1000 hours voters ) the older games seem like an already passed stage.