Forums » Elder Scrolls

Technological Problem - Freezing on Cell Change

• 62 posts
    March 16, 2013 1:03 PM EDT

I've been having a problem recently, where most times I try to change cells (trying to enter or exit a building is the only time) It freezes right before going to the loading screen. It goes dark, but as it freezes you can still make out the outline of the scene right before the door opens. Make sense? So I can still see the outline of my character and the door and stuff, but it's mostly dark. I have to shut the console off (press the button a few times, it usually doesn't work the first time). Any advice? I've tried clearing the game cache, which worked for the occasional freezing I had before, but this is different.

• 62 posts
    March 16, 2013 2:37 PM EDT

I'm on a 360 slim. I assume I have the latest updates, since I'm on xbox live.

• 62 posts
    March 17, 2013 9:11 AM EDT

No one?

• 253 posts
    March 17, 2013 9:31 AM EDT

This happened to me too (I play om xbox). It was in Frostmere Crypt for me, every time I tried to exit it would freeze just as it went to the loading screen. I reloaded a previous save and it worked fine for me afterwards. 

I have always had random freezes like this (could happen any time, no matter what I am doing in Skyrim), but just turning my xbox on and off works. 

• 62 posts
    March 17, 2013 12:40 PM EDT

I'll try that. It is a new console, so I only have a few saves on it. Also since it's almost brand new, I doubt it is the xbox itself. Thanks!

• 88 posts
    March 17, 2013 12:59 PM EDT

I actually found that if I complete the Nightcaller Temple in one sitting then it doesn't freeze, but if I do any sort of quicksaving/reloading then it's game over.

• 11 posts
    July 20, 2014 2:06 PM EDT

I'm having the same problem of a sort, I would try to exit Dragonsreach to advance the dragon killing quest after Bleak Falls Barrow (the quest), and as I press the action button, the game freezes with a faint outline of the door and my character's hands. Annoys the crap outta me since it has happened on no other playthroughs I have done

• 185 posts
    July 20, 2014 2:08 PM EDT
    It happens with frequency, I just wait for 1/2 minutes, the game will resume as normal