Forums » Elder Scrolls

Next Skyrim DLC? What do you want to see?

• 20 posts
    March 4, 2013 11:25 AM EST

Hi All,

I was just thinking about possibilites for the next Skyrim DLC. I would like some DLC to shed some light on the Dwemer, maybe find a living colony. The story could tie in where Dawnguard touched on about the Dwemer enslaving the Snow Elves. Maybe the "Falmer" are starting to come back to their senses and its up to the Dragonborn to either side with the Dwemer (gaining some awesome gear along the way) or join the revolution to free the Falmer.

What are you thoughts? Do you like mine? Speak you mind and I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts and ideas.

Humpernator

• March 4, 2013 11:36 AM EST
    I've never been a huge fan of the Dwemer to be honest. I do like their scientific viewpoint in place where church and state are connected, and their love of finding and solving forbidden knowledge. I'd prefer something around the Akavir.
    • 20 posts
    March 4, 2013 11:45 AM EST

Something around the Akavir would be sweet as well.

• 20 posts
    March 7, 2013 1:33 PM EST

*Bump

Still interested in everyones thoughts. Speak your mind.

• 31 posts
    March 7, 2013 2:55 PM EST

Thalmor, moar Thalmor ass kicking . Since they were featured as a mini quest in Dragonborn DLC. Also I have used console to spawn around 100 of them and kill them all.

• 64 posts
    March 7, 2013 3:26 PM EST
    I'm feeling for some horse armor!
    • 20 posts
    March 7, 2013 4:04 PM EST

That would be awesome. I know when Skyrim was shown at E3 in 2011 they talked about the possibilities of mods coming to consoles. Now that would be amazing. Just add some of the fan favorite mods from Steam, it would be killer.

• 118 posts
    March 7, 2013 4:26 PM EST
    Shadow magic. The core concept of conflict casting a shadow which, historically, can create a visage of evil. The undertones of skyrim's civil war being the last piece of the prophecy fortelling the return of the world eater lends itself so perfectly to reintroducing shadow magic. Bringing back neloth who talks about azra multiple times (including a small fetch quest) really sets the table for something along these lines. Azra merging all aspects of his past and future and the heavily unexplored nature of shadow magic gives so many possible story lines.

If they crack to pressure and make a dlc about the dwemer I will be incredibly unhappy.
    • 1483 posts
    March 7, 2013 4:35 PM EST

I think that introduction of shadow magic is quite possible. To add to the reasons you mentioned UESP states that "Shadow Magic is common around the Hammerfell-Skyrim-High Rock border, but is rarely used elsewhere" which gives them a good opportunity to add Shadow Magic in Redguard DLC.

• 661 posts
    March 7, 2013 7:07 PM EST

Haha, y'know I actually wrote a script I am trying to figure out how to send to Bethesda. The plot came to me in a dream. By far the best dream ever except the one the other night.... but I can't remember it. If you want I'll post a blog about it. It is really interesting.

• 118 posts
    March 7, 2013 8:01 PM EST
    Plus adding staff enchanting sets the table to further explore that. Since azra discovered it and was the first shadow mage just adds another huge potential story line involving a revamp of staves. So much potential with staff usage and enchanting, just so underwhelming as they currently are.
    • 229 posts
    March 7, 2013 9:41 PM EST

Honestly, I think a Stros M'kai DLC which involves the Thalmor and the dragon you killed in Elder Scrolls: Redguard would be cool. It would also be awesome if the DLC adds a A shrine to Jyggalag which rewards you with one the coolest blades ever, Dawnfang/Duskfang. That Tsaesci Bloodrinker is the coolest sword ever with an awesome back story.

• 54 posts
    March 7, 2013 9:54 PM EST

Any new major feature that adds the way we play the game like a new skill or update to preexisting ones would be much appreciated.

• 3 posts
    March 7, 2013 10:07 PM EST

I am a huge fan of the snow elves and I hope that it is about them coming back and IT comes to the PS3.

• 77 posts
    March 7, 2013 11:30 PM EST

Well, Dawnguard was mainly an archer DLC, and Dragonborn a mage one, so I would love to have more focus on melee or some very unique and cool new melee weapons. That being said, I would love some creative new spells. Shadow magic is very interesting, as is some sort of nature based magic, like what spriggans use.

Most of all I want to see a falmer DLC, I want to learn more about their culture and have them become a recurring race in TES titles.

Edit: Let's compromise! Spears for 2H, thrown for archery, and a bunch of new spells! I would also be just fine with adding in a perk tree for spears, thrown, and, say, mysticism.

• 118 posts
    March 8, 2013 2:28 AM EST
    Perhaps some much needed revamping of alteration to add some new naturalist type spells. I still hate not having lockpicking spells and such. Maybe dabble with spells that make you jump farther or run quicker, nothing too drastic but at least something to justify the 'alter the physical world around you' aspect of the skill.
    • 153 posts
    March 8, 2013 2:31 AM EST

check my thread for more talk

• 153 posts
    March 8, 2013 3:04 AM EST

a falmer is possible, if u go by the sneak-mage-WARRIOR track. the ancient falmer where great warriors, even though they were spited by the ancient nede. 

FLAILS! they are like maces but on chains, all you need is a slight animation change when u attack. Each individual mace ball can be enchanted with a different enchantment or something like that.

NEW SPELLS!!! they need more alteration and illusion spells. Maybe the alteration spells could give you rock armour, lightning armour maybe even holographic armour. and illusion can do more than just fear, calm, fury. You could cast a spell on you that makes you look like someone the bandits won't attack or flee from. Maybe u can clone the same looks of an enemy and walk past the enemies.

if u could have better dark brotherhood missions as well

• 20 posts
    March 8, 2013 11:44 AM EST

@Farseer They showed a video at E3 2011 I believe about the creation kit and how everyone at Bethesda had the opportunity to work on their own projects in regards to Skyrim. They showed some of the very same ideas you're talking about (not saying you didn't come up with them). I looked for the video on youtube but couldn't find it. Regardless, they would all be welcomed editions to an already amazing game.

• 577 posts
    March 8, 2013 12:06 PM EST

Would still like to see something that has to do with the Thalmor. I believe there's some loose ends that could really playout some good story

• 153 posts
    March 9, 2013 7:43 AM EST

maybe have a second great war?

• 153 posts
    March 9, 2013 8:10 AM EST

the leader of the Dark Brother sent the assassin. 

• 24 posts
    March 9, 2013 8:52 AM EST

I to would like to see something dealing with the Akavir because we have been kept in the dark about them. As for what they could do for the DLC, they can make the Akavir Japanese in style and culture with a central focus on samurai and shinobi and all of the weapons they entail. It would be cool to also see polearms and spears come into play and a seafaring aspect added as well( to give more of a viking feel to the Nord culture). And with that comes hydras and some more of those water dragons from Dawnguard, a long side various other sea creatures and fishing( underwater combat would also be nice).