Forums » Elder Scrolls

Dawnguard PS3 Glitch!

• 18 posts
    February 27, 2013 4:02 PM EST

So, I'm playing Dawnguard and I get to the point where you first enter Volkihar, and Harkon talks to me and when I accept his proposal of being turned into a vampire- it kills me and reloads from when I first walked in the place and have to go through the whole dialog again, and it still doesn't work. I really want to be a vampire and I can't find anything on the internet. HELP!

• 1913 posts
    February 27, 2013 4:09 PM EST
    Well he does say after you turn that not many survive the transformation... I guess your weak :P
    • 18 posts
    February 27, 2013 4:13 PM EST

It seems like its him biting me that kills me. I've reloaded that save and it still doesn't work. However, beforehand Neloth casted a spell on me which lowered my health by 25 points after I'd stepped in water. I thought that weakened me and caused me to be killed by his bite. I went and got the spell removed but it still doesn't work!

• 1913 posts
    February 27, 2013 4:25 PM EST
    I refer you to my first statement on this subject
    • 18 posts
    February 27, 2013 5:09 PM EST

It's almost impossible to get the normal vampirism now because Serana won't wait and she just kills the vampires before they infect me

• 153 posts
    February 28, 2013 5:38 PM EST
    Is this a common problem for ps3?
    • 34 posts
    March 1, 2013 12:18 AM EST

Trying so hard not to make a fanboy comment.....PS3.........

• 118 posts
    March 1, 2013 1:57 AM EST
    After all of this time how do beta testers miss something like this?

At least joining the Volkihar and becoming a vampire lord isn't an important part of the dawnguard story...oh wait.
    • 1913 posts
    March 1, 2013 9:36 AM EST
    I've had game breaking glitches... My copy of Mass Effect 1 can never be completed ever again, every time I am about to encounter the husk like creatures that the thorium makes... The game freezes, yet I can still hear my gun shoot, me getting hit, the wind blowing, I can hear everything... But I am stuck on one image of a husk
    • 1913 posts
    March 1, 2013 10:06 AM EST
    I tried over 7 times... It's broken. Oh we'll, I downloaded the genesis comic with mass effect 2 (it basically allows me to make choices from the first game without playing the game)
    • 18 posts
    March 1, 2013 7:29 PM EST
    thanks for informing me about becoming a vampire working for you, i will try tomorrow! Its hard though as serana wont wait.

I emailed bethesda technical support, they told me to uninstall skyrim and all dlcs and reinstall them all. This didnt work.
    frustrated, i email them again and get a blunt and unhelpful reply about reloading my save before the quest. The load system doesnt even go back that far! I find this completely unacceptable and have lost alot of respect for them.
    • 365 posts
    March 1, 2013 10:15 PM EST

there is a setting to how quickly your camera turns, it's in settings called 'look sensitivity'

• 365 posts
    March 1, 2013 10:28 PM EST

Changing the look sensitivty should definitely fix it. that then means there is just a laggy camera bug you have that you probably can't fix without mods, or there is a problem with the analog stick with the one you asigned the camera to. to test the later, I suggest testing the camera with the same analog setup on a different game entirely. unless it is with the save itself (have you tried starting over as a new character aswell since it started?)

Other than those suggestions it's probably unfixable, unless Bethesda realizes if it's something wrong with the game and fix it in a update, yet I would think they'd alreadry had and something like that ground-breaking would slip past them.

• 1913 posts
    March 1, 2013 10:31 PM EST
    They won't care Ben...
    • 18 posts
    March 2, 2013 7:31 PM EST
    Well, it appears im stuck. Im a stage four normal vampire with health enchantments and potions and it still kills me. It doesnt outright kill me like before though, it takes a couple of seconds then shows me lying dead on the floor. I bought the dlc to be a volkihar and im so disappointed.
    • 1913 posts
    March 2, 2013 7:35 PM EST
    I thought the volkihar would be disappointing on Xbox... I can't even imagine how you are feeling (by the way, I'm warning you, volkihar questline... Not entertaining at all)
    • 1913 posts
    March 2, 2013 8:03 PM EST
    The dawn guard side was WAY more enjoyable... For one reason mainly... The whole "vampire vs hunter" thing... Actually happened. Besides a few side missions, you never fight the dawnguard.

Your vampire lord form sucks besides the vampiric drain ability (that is weaker with Serana as a follower.

And even the spells you can buy as a vampire suck... Necromatic healing... I can heal something that is dead... Yay. What can I do with dawnguard spells? Shoot balls of sunlight at undead creatures and kill them...

All in all, unless you're role playing a vampire... Don't do the vampire side, it's not worth it at all
    • 1913 posts
    March 2, 2013 8:13 PM EST
    Just warning ya, it's not fun
    • 1913 posts
    March 2, 2013 8:31 PM EST
    You go the same locations as dawnguard, the only difference is *SPOILERS* at the soul cairn you have to have Serana soul trap you, or turn you in order to go without dying. If you get turned she says it is the most "intimate" thing a vampire can do (aww :D)
    • 1913 posts
    March 2, 2013 8:44 PM EST
    It doesn't work for any of the marriage options from the companions.
    • 1913 posts
    March 2, 2013 8:45 PM EST
    (SPOILERS) a side mission you can do for the vampires is turn your spouse into a vampire, they even look like vampires with the yellow eyes
    • 1913 posts
    March 2, 2013 8:51 PM EST
    It's works with everyone else (vampire Lydia :) )
    • 1913 posts
    March 2, 2013 8:57 PM EST
    You and a few hundred others (WHY BETHESDA?! WHY?!?!)
    • 1913 posts
    March 2, 2013 9:10 PM EST
    Well you are a minority, so oh well
  • March 3, 2013 4:51 AM EST

I agree with ben, I just wanna punch her in the face, soon as I got the chance to get rid of her I did. PARTYYYY.