Forums » Elder Scrolls

You wake up in Skyrim. What will you do?

• AJ
    • 47 posts
    February 24, 2013 1:47 AM EST

Imagine, one day you would go to sleep and wake up... In Skyrim!

What would you do?

• 661 posts
    February 24, 2013 1:55 AM EST

Find the nearest set of armor steal it and run into the wild...

• February 24, 2013 2:04 AM EST
    I would be a Daedric Prince, I think that's pretty obviously :P I'd probably haggle with some mortals. Maybe trick them into sacrificing some wench, having them think she was a hagraven. Or manipulate a high ranking politican to murder his king in front of his royal council. Yeah, I'd do that...
    • 158 posts
    February 24, 2013 2:04 AM EST

Hm, an interesting question.

I could go on about the social convention differences, physical and lifestyle differences the skyrim world has to mine that would ultimately lead to my doom. Or...OR.... I could become Dragonborn, take over skyrim, and lead a campaign across Tamriel. This would all be after I teach the world of Skyrim the deliciousness that is pizza. 

(After looking at this I kind of want to create a tactical battle plan detailing how I would take over)

• 158 posts
    February 24, 2013 2:06 AM EST

Yes, keeping in mind we have our memories meaning we are, essentially smarter than most of skyrims population, so simple things to us may bedazzle them. This could be used to advantage.

• 661 posts
    February 24, 2013 2:11 AM EST

Actually I would chill out with a friendly giant and eat mammoth cheese with him all day.

• 153 posts
    February 24, 2013 2:42 AM EST

i would play "this piggy..." with the giant's toe

• 31 posts
    February 24, 2013 3:18 AM EST

I would goes around screaming... "SOMEONE STOLE MY SWEETROLL"

• 32 posts
    February 24, 2013 3:32 AM EST

Hmmm... I think I'd be a nord due to where I live, how my body is and skilled with a two-handed sword.

I'd be either a companion or a deadric champion.

• AJ
    • 47 posts
    February 24, 2013 3:37 AM EST

I would take an arrow to the knee (Someone had to do it )

• 34 posts
    February 24, 2013 4:04 AM EST

I would head straight to the Ragged Flaggon and enjoy the mead. 

• 1913 posts
    February 24, 2013 4:05 AM EST
    You would be welcomed there lad :)
    • 34 posts
    February 24, 2013 4:11 AM EST

Aye, true to the Thieves guild. 

• February 24, 2013 4:38 AM EST

Unfortunately taking realism into it, I'd be a high elf, so I would jump off of a 10 foot drop and kill myself XD

Or I could be the next Ebony warrior.

• 1913 posts
    February 24, 2013 4:44 AM EST
    The ebony warrior was either a Dark skinned Nord or redguard... Not Altmer
    • 158 posts
    February 24, 2013 5:37 AM EST

Additionally, you could be the first to introduce the karmasutra.

• 291 posts
    February 24, 2013 11:25 AM EST

Oh good lord.  Well, assuming I wasn't eaten by something or attacked by bandits...  Assuming I woke up relatively close to some sort of town and not halfway up a mountain (where I would die of exposure).  I would head to this town post-haste only to find I couldn't understand a word of Tamrielic and the locals would think me a witch or stray creature from Oblivion.

Where I would be slaughtered and burned at a stake. ^^

If I happened to run across some really tolerant Nords who felt bad for me, hopefully, I could get one of the smarter ones to teach me the language and teach me to shoot a bow.  But in all likelihood, I would be put to work in some inn as the retarded cousin of whomever took me in cleaning tables and doing all the grunt work.

It would not be pleasant.

Until, of course, I proved my worth with my artistic skills and was able to get commissions drawing and painting things for people.  Or showed that I knew my letters and could write.  I'd be very happy to be hired on some expedition as a cartographer or something of the sort.  (But only after I knew how to defend myself.  We've all seen what happens to the one writing the journals or making notes!)

I don't know what race I would appear as.  Probably half-Breton, half-Nord if we're going by major genetic traits.

• 966 posts
    February 24, 2013 11:55 AM EST

I thought the language was Cyrodiilic? I imagine after the third Empire everyone will know it, and as far as we know it's exactly the same as our English since it was still all thought up by Bethesda.

• 4 posts
    February 24, 2013 11:59 AM EST
    I would join up with the Companions (assuming I wake up near Whiterun) and train with my brothers and sisters-in-arms. I would also have Eorlund Gray-Mane teach me a thing or two about smithing.
    • 131 posts
    February 24, 2013 12:10 PM EST
    Make my way to the greybeards...become Dragonborn...kill everything
    • 291 posts
    February 24, 2013 12:15 PM EST

Tamrielic = Cyrodiilic

Not necessarily.  The whole game world could be a translation of what was actually there.  I'm thinking of this from the understanding that Tolkien, though he created Middle-Earth, stated his works would have been a translation from Westron.  Which meant that Westron was not English.

I think it would be safe to assume that Tamrielic/Cyrodiilic behaves in the same way.  And even if it didn't, their dialect would be very different from mine and comprehension would still be difficult.

• 1 posts
    February 24, 2013 12:18 PM EST

Travel to the Thalmor Embassy, tell them where Delphine and Esbern are. That would make L1ath a happy Dragonborn.

• 2 posts
    February 24, 2013 12:23 PM EST

I would try to wander my way to Whiterun and try to convince the blacksmith to give me a weapon and armour so that I could conquer THE WILDS OF SKYRIM!

• 966 posts
    February 24, 2013 12:25 PM EST

Perhaps, we'd have to ask Bethesda I'd suppose.

If it is just dialect it wouldn't take long to get used to, I know what you mean though, over here every town got its own little dialect and sometimes I really can't understand what someone from another region is saying. :P

• 3 posts
    February 24, 2013 12:30 PM EST

First, I would NEVER and I mean never travel to any of the cold snowy places.  I have had enough of that crap in my real life (been shoveling more snow the past three winters than seems humanly possible; dang kids need to get bigger faster so I can make them do it ).  I also wonder if the tips of the elves ears get frostbit more often than other ears.

Most likely, given my predilection for learning and studying I would probably find someone in a warm climate to teach me about alchemy and then spend my life wandering the wilds picking herbs, various mushrooms and creating potions.  I would also read all the books I could find.  A nice out of the way cabin in the woods sounds perfect for me.

Last, I would care not a whit about the civil war.