Forums » Elder Scrolls

Things You Find Weird About Skyrim

• 36 posts
    February 22, 2013 8:16 PM EST

So i just delivered supplies to the Greybeards and when I returned to the quest giver, Klimmek, he gave me 750 gold for helping him out.  This is what I do not get, I go and kill a group of bandits or kill a giant and I will get 100 gold from the Jarl's sterward.  Does anyone find this strange?  I think their are plenty of weird things that happen in Skyrim that may make us laugh.  What are some weird or funny things that you find in skyrim? 

• 661 posts
    February 22, 2013 8:21 PM EST

it is weird isn't especially if you kill a dragon, but did you know that the loot you find on their corpses makes up for all the money they could've paid you.

• 36 posts
    February 22, 2013 8:32 PM EST

Yeah. but the NPCs dont know that.  How are we suppossed to make any money with all these cheap Jarls?

• 34 posts
    February 22, 2013 8:37 PM EST

I think its weird how NPC's randomly say "What are you doing that for?", when I'm clearly not doing anything.  Even children say it.

• 36 posts
    February 22, 2013 9:00 PM EST

Yeah! Why is there no bathrooms? Is it magic? Lol

• 2 posts
    February 22, 2013 9:06 PM EST

The random floating mammoths are pretty weird

• 856 posts
    February 22, 2013 9:09 PM EST

There are bathrooms... take a look at some of the interesting placement of buckets (for example, the mine nearest Riverwood)

• 661 posts
    February 22, 2013 9:11 PM EST

I find weird is how every one is devastating with magic at such low level when you suck with it even at high level.

• 36 posts
    February 22, 2013 9:11 PM EST

Thats a glitch though. Im talking about just weird thing in the game that don't make sense.

• 856 posts
    February 22, 2013 9:14 PM EST

Here's weird:  Horses charge dragons (and then die, of course).

• 36 posts
    February 22, 2013 9:17 PM EST

So we can make giant automatons but we can't invent a toilet?  Tamriel is messed up,,, haha

• 856 posts
    February 22, 2013 9:19 PM EST

Those were the dwemer automations - perhaps they had toilets too.  Speaking of which, I have a dwemer house mod that has a toilet; it even flushes.

• 40 posts
    February 22, 2013 9:24 PM EST
    Dude I HATE! How if you're brawling with someone and an NPC steps between you and your combatant (or even any fight really dawngaurd players know what I'm talking about) and you accidentally hit them everyone gets all upset!

Also I find it weird that even if dead bodies litter the streets people react the same way. Like come on dude theres a corpse in the street at least PRETEND like you see it.
    • 409 posts
    February 22, 2013 9:33 PM EST
    I find it wierd that when a dragon attacks housewives will run up to it with an iron dagger and expect to kill it 1 on 1. Same with people who send you on rediculously easy quests to kill mudcrabs or wolves but when a dragon swoops down there they go with thier iron dagger....
    • 34 posts
    February 22, 2013 9:37 PM EST

I think when using Ice Form on someone, even when frozen, can still blink their eyes.

• 3 posts
    February 22, 2013 10:16 PM EST
    It's always been weird to me that no NPCs ever try to pickpocket me. Also has hated as necromancy is no one ever has much to say about my undead army when I stroll into town.

Also why do ancient ruins that no one has been in for years have fresh ingredients or the same potions that current Skyrim residents use?

Mysterious....
    • 34 posts
    February 22, 2013 10:34 PM EST

Felt this was appropriate for this discussion.

• 3 posts
    February 22, 2013 10:37 PM EST

i saved the woman npc in markarth from the murderer with an awesome unarmed attack and the quest carrys on like shes dead. i thought that was weird 

• 32 posts
    February 23, 2013 12:51 AM EST

I remember running over by rorikstead and I saw a mammoth standing onto the other, then it proceeded to fling up into the air, lands and walk 2-steps then dies. After it died the giant turned hostile and charged at me as if I somehow did it all with my mind.