Forums » Elder Scrolls

What would you like in a new Skyrim DLC?

• 377 posts
    February 23, 2013 3:10 PM EST

Mod authors have all the rights to their mods. If Bestheda were to use their work they would have to come to an agreement of a sort with the authors of the mods. Bethesda didn't make the changes to the game, the authors did. Many authors have made astounding improvements to the worth several hours of work time. If Bestheda were to take mod content without an agreement, and claiming it as their own, they would be stealing and facing several court cases not soon after. A mod author has every right their work.

• 377 posts
    February 23, 2013 3:14 PM EST

Mod authors cannot charge for their work. Mods are absolutely free. If they are charging then they are committing a crime, and would very likely be taken to court.

• 40 posts
    February 23, 2013 3:17 PM EST
    Im pretty sure they were just saying like it'd be cool if you could make your own mods on the console. Sure you probably wouldn't be able to get the ones off of the PC but you could make your own and hell they could be just alike. Also you could give your mods to your friend via a memory card. If they do make a thing where you can make your own mods on xbox I'd gladly buy it as long as iit came with a kinda...."how to" tutorial deal
    • 52 posts
    February 23, 2013 3:23 PM EST
    Guys, Redguard is only a rumor. It may not be true. But I personally think they need to make a new guild.
  • February 23, 2013 3:23 PM EST
    That is true, they have to get the author's permission, although they get credit and praise, but authors don't own the right, apart from the improvement/additons so they can't sell what they made. If so they would be charging for the mods already!

Other than that they can make whatever they like and I'm not against modding. Just that they can't own something that they added to or improved, they own the right to do what they want as a mod and with them, not the actual mods.

If I use a mod made by you and upgrade it and change some little things doesn't make the mod mine.
  • February 23, 2013 3:24 PM EST
    Now you get why they don't own them?
    • 377 posts
    February 23, 2013 3:29 PM EST

Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn were just rumors back in the day as well, with lots and lots of speculation. I'm pretty optimistic about it.

• February 23, 2013 3:36 PM EST
    Or two, opposing factions, with locations that don't have to be aggressive until a certain point, and destructive buildings(not just destroyed buildings i.e. Whiterun) and healing towns (Helgen is still destroyed although you killed Alduin) but new faction/guild is a must
    • 377 posts
    February 23, 2013 3:40 PM EST

Just because they can't charge for them  doesn't mean they don't hold the rights to their work. The mod authors do. Bethesda doesn't. Bethesda didn't create them, they didn't put hours of work into them. Bethesda can't lay claim to work they didn't do.

• February 23, 2013 3:48 PM EST
    Yes I know, but since both can't do anything worth money with them, Modders can't benefit from mods and Bethesda can sell them either, if they actually made them to console, neither can't charge for the mods, (Microsoft and Sony is a different story) since no one can charge for them, but the credit will go 100% to the modder
    • 377 posts
    February 23, 2013 4:03 PM EST

Authors benefit plenty (they get their name out in the industry), they just can't make a profit from it. Since Bethesda can't charge for bringing mods to consoles there isn't much motivation to do so, except for the heartfelt goodwill found in their heart. (Does it even exist?!) Odds are extremely high that it will never happen.

• February 23, 2013 4:05 PM EST
    Maybe they will make console gamers go into PC sucks for them
    • 32 posts
    February 23, 2013 4:06 PM EST

"Seen those warriors from Hammerfell? They've got curved swords. Curved. Swords."

• 32 posts
    February 23, 2013 4:09 PM EST

That would be pretty epic

• 32 posts
    February 23, 2013 4:12 PM EST

I wish they had a one-handed warhammers to go along side with the maces

• 32 posts
    February 23, 2013 4:14 PM EST

I do wish they would involve Akavir as a place to go to and stop the invasion for a DLC

• 32 posts
    February 23, 2013 4:15 PM EST

Question is what other new guilds should be added?

• 158 posts
    February 23, 2013 4:37 PM EST

With the possibility of a red guard centred DlC I have hopes for some sort of gladiatorial arena.

Also, some new sword fighting mechanics might be nice

• 285 posts
    February 23, 2013 4:45 PM EST
    There is no war currently in Hammerfell that we know of. Hostilities between Hammerfell and the Dominion ended with the Second Treaty of Stros M'Kai. Besides that, after the war, the Crowns and Forebears are closer than ever.
    • 40 posts
    February 23, 2013 5:07 PM EST
    I don't see why Helgen would have to be rebuilt but I do agree with you Robert that there should be some destruction mechanics as well as rebuilding and what not. It mmade me sad whiterun never got rebuilt even though they said that it would be thier first priority.
    • 40 posts
    February 23, 2013 5:09 PM EST
    That would be awesome! I loved the arena in Oblivion. What do you feel is wrong with the sword mechanics?
    • 158 posts
    February 23, 2013 10:22 PM EST

It's just a tad repetitive at the moment, and after a while, the kill moves become bland

• 153 posts
    February 23, 2013 10:43 PM EST

yeah that sounds AWESOME

• 153 posts
    February 23, 2013 10:44 PM EST

that would make for a game not a dlc... it would be better

• 153 posts
    February 23, 2013 10:49 PM EST

ARENA, ARENA, ARENA!!!!!!