Forums » Elder Scrolls

Dawnguard Vampire Faces Glitch

• 25 posts
    February 15, 2013 10:39 PM EST

I'm playing though Mason's Volikhar build at the moment and after some digging found out about the "burnt" face glitch that affects human races. I'm playing as a Nord and I'm wondering exactly what it looks like. Currently it looks like she has speckled dirt on her face, which I think is the glitch. Anyone care to help?

• 34 posts
    February 17, 2013 3:26 PM EST

I didnt know that was a glitch.  It actually looks like dirt or decayed skin.  Thought it was supposed to be like that.  It does make your vampire a little more of a menacing look, albeit uglier.  I also noticed the jaw structure slightly getting altered.  All that time I spend on making my females beautiful gets tarnished.

• 661 posts
    February 17, 2013 3:34 PM EST

My high elf looked like a dunmer after he changed. My imperial back in the day when there was no Dawnguard had Black eyes instead glowing orangy-fade look. I think they made them appear uglier so I don't think this to be a glitch. Maybe Bethesdas image of vampirism isn't beautiful like what the media portrays. Just menacing as Pablo mentioned.

• 25 posts
    February 17, 2013 4:02 PM EST

Turns out if you use eyeliner of any sort it bugs the skin texture out when you quit the game, its been a problem since Skyrim's release. Its an easy fix on PC with mods and console commands, consoles aren't so fortunate. The thing is I have a hard time getting that Bethesda would move towards the idea of an ugly vampire for the player and then add Serana to the game.

• 25 posts
    February 17, 2013 4:03 PM EST

There are lots of better ways to make a vampire menacing than adding a dirty look to a vampire.

• 34 posts
    February 17, 2013 6:37 PM EST
    I agree. But I'm on Xbox so no mods to clean them up.
    • 25 posts
    February 17, 2013 6:39 PM EST

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-/63299101 As far as I know this fix works on consoles. Its working for me so far.

• 661 posts
    February 17, 2013 6:42 PM EST

Checkout my pics I got this cool looking imperial named Lord Vinec Murruso and he my is esteemed Vampiric Samurai who doesn't look crappy.

• 661 posts
    February 17, 2013 6:43 PM EST

Serana=Ugly

• 131 posts
    February 17, 2013 7:12 PM EST
    Take it back!
    • 1913 posts
    February 17, 2013 7:14 PM EST
    Serana is proof that a vampire can be good looking, don't understand what you are talking about "Serana=ugly"
    • 661 posts
    February 17, 2013 7:20 PM EST

Sorry I'll take it back and correct myself serana=fugly

Hell Mjoll is a better looking Nord than her.

Shit for an old lady I'd go with Delphine instead of Serana.

• 1913 posts
    February 17, 2013 7:25 PM EST
    ... Serana isn't even a Nord... She is coded as one, but isn't. Mjoll isn't even that attractive (don't believe me? Make her character, then take off the make up and war paint... No, she isn't better). And you saying "Shit for an old lady I'd go with Delphine instead of Serana."... I normally don't say this, but you are just wrong... You are wrong, and you could not possibly fail more than you have at this moment
    • 661 posts
    February 17, 2013 7:39 PM EST

Guildmaster suck it. Imeera's user pic looks a lot like Mjoll. So you saying Imeera's user pic is unattractive? Delphine=GMILF Serana=FUGLY.

I gots problems with supposedly hot vampires okay. The only good looking vampire is Kate Beckinsale.

• 1913 posts
    February 17, 2013 7:46 PM EST
    Why not, it's a user picture, of a game character, who will care? Delphine is a bitch, she is not attractive in any sense of the word, is a terribly written character, and I want to slap who ever came up with the idea for her...

Serana in not only an attractive character (for a video game character), she has a nice personality, is funny, has actual emotional dialogue with you, cares for your character...

What does Delphine do?... Say "fuck you, you can't be the Dragonborn, you are too pathetic, even though all I do is sit in my armor and complain all day about how nobody can do anything right...

In short... YOU.... ARE... WRONG.
    • 1913 posts
    February 17, 2013 7:47 PM EST
    Moral of this discussion is... She is not only physically attractive, she has an attractive personality and is nice, and caring...
    • 966 posts
    February 17, 2013 7:48 PM EST

+1

• 661 posts
    February 17, 2013 7:51 PM EST

I see, well yea I know this but you ever been with some for so long they tend to repeat themselves? Like in real life? Thats how Serana is. Plus she sucks. Mjoll is better looking and taller. Delphine is better looking for an old person and shorter. The fact Delphine is so hard on you is... well because she has a hard on for you or at least the equivalent for ladies. 

• 661 posts
    February 17, 2013 7:53 PM EST

I just want to point out I hate Delphine with my guts too man. but she better looking than Serana so is the Jarl of Solitude and uh Uthgerd gotta love them wrinkles.

• 1913 posts
    February 17, 2013 7:56 PM EST
    ... I'm done... I'm done with this... I use intelligence and say beauty is not only physical... He says a character has a "hard on for me" (on the wrong fucking gender to)... I'm done...

My brain can't stand this amount of stupidity
    • 7 posts
    February 17, 2013 8:01 PM EST

Serana is way prettier than Delphine. But, each one has a different taste.

• 661 posts
    February 17, 2013 8:06 PM EST

Im gonna go ahead and say dead people are ugly Liucks regerdless if there are undead or just dead. Byrnjolf you are two smart for your age. Beauti is skin-deep to the heart. You sense of beauti is wholly wrong.

• 1913 posts
    February 17, 2013 8:10 PM EST
    *too

*your

If you're going to say I'm wrong at something, at least spell the words correctly
    • 661 posts
    February 17, 2013 8:17 PM EST

GUILDMASTER I edited my comment is it to your liking it? should be correct now.