Forums » Elder Scrolls

Dragonborn, y u no dodge?

• 15 posts
    February 9, 2013 3:01 PM EST
    I've always thought the dodges in oblivion were sweet, what are your thoughts on actually being able to avoid taking taking hits? Should it make a return? Why or Why not?
    • 952 posts
    February 9, 2013 4:47 PM EST

What the hell are you talkng about? You couldn't dodge in Oblivion, unless you're talking about stepping outside of the range of a weapon when it strikes, which is very possible in Skyrim as Ben already said.

• 38 posts
    February 9, 2013 8:16 PM EST

Yes! they definitely should. This would be so much closer to real combat. But not dodging with a huge leap to the side, more of a sidestep, lean or duck. The best combat I've seen is in Game of Thrones and that's what games should go for. Sword fighting games could surely start overtaking FPSs then.

• 15 posts
    February 14, 2013 8:22 PM EST
    Dieter, in oblivion you could Dodge roll with a high enough acrobatics skill. I don't think a huge roll was what was right, but I do like the idea of a quick step directional. Why shouldn't I be able to? It seems perfectly reasonable to me. Also, Dieter, calm down dude. Jeez.
    • 661 posts
    February 17, 2013 2:00 PM EST

Yea acrobatics made combat really fun in oblivion. I wish dragonborn could dodge like the Champion Cyrodiil.

• 661 posts
    February 17, 2013 2:01 PM EST

That amazing backflip to get the hell away from a Minotaur Lord really saved my life.

• 952 posts
    February 17, 2013 3:35 PM EST

That exact same roll is now in the snrpeak tree as a perk. Even the button combination is the same I think.

• 661 posts
    February 17, 2013 3:39 PM EST

Backflips yo, Backflips.

• 15 posts
    February 24, 2013 2:51 PM EST
    Champion of cyrodil was such a badass.