Forums » Elder Scrolls

Dragonborn DLC PC-downloaded?

• 40 posts
    February 5, 2013 5:13 PM EST

I just supposedly got this DLC on my pc but how do I know it downloaded. I went to the library and it says I own it so I hit play. It didn't really download but took me to the start up screen for the game. Unless my pc loaded it THAT fast.

I looked under data files and dawnguard is listed but no dragonborn.esm file. I also went to Windhelm but there is no boat to take me to the new area. Do I have to just hang out and wait for the cultist to attack me?

Please someone help.

• 40 posts
    February 5, 2013 5:22 PM EST

Okay I am an idiot. I had to exit Steam and restart it and it started downloading. I should be good now.

I already did the quest past Way of the Voice so it should work. Will keep you updated in case anyone else has this problem.

• 773 posts
    February 5, 2013 5:24 PM EST
    I'd say if there isn't an .esm in the data files then it hasn't fully downloaded.

I'm waiting for the download to complete so I'll take a look and report back shortly.
    • 952 posts
    February 5, 2013 5:24 PM EST

-If it didn't download: First of all you need to see that auto-update is enabled for Skyrim, right click it, click properties, go to the updates tab, and see if you got this right. If this didn't work you need to just close and open steam and see if it starts downloading.

If it did download:See if the .ems file is enabled, to do this you need to go to the startup screen and click data files, click the dragonborn checkbox if it's disabled.

• 40 posts
    February 5, 2013 7:12 PM EST

Yes it is there now under data files with .esm. Whew! Thanks guys. I thought I got ripped off LOL.