Forums » Elder Scrolls

Away with the builds.

• 31 posts
    January 31, 2013 1:48 PM EST

I cannot remember which build I try about 4-5 months ago, I have all the skills for the build at level 100 and yet I do not have sufficient perk point to add it in accordance to his/her perk spreadsheet. Not without leveling other skill that are none related to his/her build.

If a perk cannot be add without leveling other skill according to the build spreadsheet, then what one must suppose to do then?

• 773 posts
    January 31, 2013 1:48 PM EST

Very eloquent 

But I like the idea 

• 1913 posts
    January 31, 2013 1:49 PM EST
    I find it odd people think that just because your character levels up, you have to place a perk somewhere... You don't, you can conserve it for later when your skill in one thing as increased.
    • 1913 posts
    January 31, 2013 1:51 PM EST
    Not following the build to 100%? Or... You know this is a crazy idea... Don't place a perk point every time you level... No, that is insane
    • 31 posts
    January 31, 2013 1:54 PM EST

Sorry if my english is poor and cause some misunderstanding.

What I mean is that you do not have enough perk point for the build even thought you build according to it and have the skill at level 100.

Here is a example

A build that only focus on heavy armor & archery, no other skill are allowed.

Heavy Armor: Cost 12 perk point

Archery: Cost 16 perk point

Total perk: 28

Current Level: 28

Total Perk: 27

Heavy Armor Level: 100

Archery Level: 100

I hope you get what I mean here.

• 31 posts
    January 31, 2013 1:56 PM EST

That's not what I mean. I know how to conserve it for later, what I mean is the insufficient perk to add into the build skill without leveling other non-related skill.

• 1913 posts
    January 31, 2013 1:58 PM EST
    I get what you're saying, but you don't have to follow a build 100%. If you can't level one of those skills or place perks in one of those skills... Then don't. Play how you want to play. It's that simple
    • 31 posts
    January 31, 2013 2:09 PM EST

Kinda strange how the author of the build are able to get the sufficient perk point for their build without level up a non-related skill then. 

There's no way to have sufficient perk point for their build without level up a non-related skill if they insist their build are not allowed to do so.

I once try a character build that told us you are not suppose to train this list of skill cause of bla bla bla and focus on just this that. When I try it out, I notice my skill at 100 and missing 1-2 perk point just to follow his/her build exactly 100%.

I send him/her a pm where the hell did he/she get the extra 1-2 perk point to follow his exact build, there was never once a reply about it. I am sure some of you know who I was referring to if you ever try his/her build.

• 1913 posts
    January 31, 2013 2:15 PM EST
    Why don't we leave it off like this... No one but DrSeptimus wants to focus on levels, and we know that skills will level by accident and will let you level up... Good? Thank you :)
    • 31 posts
    January 31, 2013 2:18 PM EST

I am sorry if this look like it was off-topic. I ain't actually trying to run away from the topic at all at first place. I am trying to figure out the possibility of using level restriction for character build to deter low quality build.

Yeah!! It might sound bad or dumb at first place, but I play & read enough bad content at bloodwork section to figure out low level character build isn't good enough to stay.

I rarely read other section thought since I prefer fresh idea, but most of it just enough to irritate me cause it doesn't seem to be thoroughly test and play.

It would drive you to bonker to if 3 out of 5 character build you try are crap due to insufficient test and play by the creator itself.

• 1913 posts
    January 31, 2013 2:21 PM EST
    But almost all good builds are between 30-50 levels... What would focusing on levels do to help?
    • 31 posts
    January 31, 2013 2:24 PM EST

Have you ever try some of the build at bloodwork section up to level 30-50?

• 1913 posts
    January 31, 2013 2:26 PM EST
    You mean, "don't feel bad about it" correct? Otherwise you are saying, "you proposed a bad idea and you should feel bad!!!"
    • 31 posts
    January 31, 2013 2:32 PM EST

I understand and knew you guys are good particularly about this issues. It doesn't harm any of us to come out with new proposal for getting rid of poor build that are poorly tested once in awhile.

I am not trying to question your ability, I just proposing some approach to remove some of the build just like what the OP ask for.

No harm feeling about it.

• 31 posts
    January 31, 2013 2:34 PM EST

Naw!! Just because some idea is bad for you, doesn't mean it is bad for the others.

Who knows someday level restriction would indeed be apply into it. You never knew what would be going on every second in this dear crazy world of ours. 

• 1913 posts
    January 31, 2013 2:40 PM EST
    It's alright man. To be honest... I was kind of disturbed by this argument... Not because of you, it was because Ben C actually agreed with me... That is terrifying
    • 31 posts
    January 31, 2013 2:48 PM EST

hahaha.. might be a bit off topic here, but it sound like both of u are rival.

• February 2, 2013 5:00 AM EST

I frankly don't even understand why anyone should play the game someone else's way to begin with.

• February 2, 2013 7:17 AM EST

Yeah but when I play I wanna feel like it's my own character based on what I like. Regardless if it's more creative or not, if it's more efficient or not. I come from MMO's where you are forced to play according to people's builds if you don't want to get your ass kicked around, Skyrim is a paradise of freedom compared to them. You can be free of all "efficiency" and all the need to get in line and play like others, isn't that a great thing about the game?

• February 20, 2013 12:06 AM EST
    Inspiration, Armathyx! I rarely play a build exactly how it's put out, but it gives me plenty of inspiration that I sure as hell wouldn't have thought. Inspiration, creativity, and an impact on how we play is why the CB group is so popular (and the hosts made very good use of organization with a very limited system).
    • 16 posts
    February 20, 2013 1:43 AM EST

yeah I'm using a similar build as Masons Volhakir, except, i'm not a vampire

• 338 posts
    June 4, 2015 3:14 AM EDT

I know it's been a long time since this was mentioned, but, I would just like to say that yes, I agree that if a build is way amazing, it doesn't matter who made it, it's going to get noticed. 

However, I do wonder what would happen in the scenario where two very similar builds (formatting, quality, even the way the character is used) were posted at relatively the same time, one of them by a well-known member, and one of them by a newbie. I can't help but wonder if the well-known member would win out in the likes. 

Eh, just a thought I had. Doesn't really matter in the long run I guess, since this discussion happened ages ago.

• 739 posts
    June 4, 2015 5:42 AM EDT

It's a pretty different game these days...

The advantage would always go to the well known builder simply because they already have friends here on the site and if they historically make decent posts/builds then more people would take the time to read it...

New members who post a really good build just take a little longer to gain the same traction but always shot way ahead of the inhabitants of the bloodworks

The actual 'problem' used to be people who expected a positive result from posting something bland.