Forums » Elder Scrolls

Away with the builds.

• 52 posts
    January 31, 2013 9:45 AM EST
    Even though I am not the host if Character Building I would like to find a way to get rid of some of these builds we have. We just have to many of them. Has anyone even looked sin the bloodworms lately. It's Huge! I don't feel like the Death Match is killing them off quickly enough. There are just so many builds that Arn't "average". Anybody got some ideas on how to put them down and then maybe we can send them to Mason & Ponty.
  • January 31, 2013 9:51 AM EST
    I say we let Ben go wild, I think he finally got the Sweep perk ;)
    • 52 posts
    January 31, 2013 9:54 AM EST
    He needs to. So many of the Blood works builds are just crap.
    • 253 posts
    January 31, 2013 10:15 AM EST

Ben needs to power level two handed with the warrior stone to get that perk! Maybe gutting this week's deathmatch will give him enough levels.

• 1913 posts
    January 31, 2013 10:28 AM EST
    Yeah, but a.) that would make way too much sense for Ponty or Mason (being sarcastic, I don't mean anything by it) b.) Ben would get a delete frenzy and would delete builds that didn't deserve death (apprentice, adept, etc.)
    • 52 posts
    January 31, 2013 10:40 AM EST
    Well we could have people go on and tell Ben that this build can stay or that this build can go to hell. Like Secret messengers or something.
    • 773 posts
    January 31, 2013 10:40 AM EST

Being serious for a moment....

There is a way to deal with the Bloodworks. Here's my suggestion:

Fix a time period of one week. We set a reasonable bar of, say, 15 likes (10 is a bit low IMHO). We then announce a Giant Deathmatch - one which involves EVERY build in the Bloodworks that has been there for more than a fortnight. At the end of that period, any build with less than 15 likes gets butchered.

Something like that would be fair to everyone - since any build that could attract reasonable support in the time period would obviously move up to Apprentice or Adept. And it would presumably result in a mass cull of all the poor quality builds.

• 1913 posts
    January 31, 2013 10:44 AM EST
    Yeah, but we would have to worry for people who post builds at the same time as someone like Ponty/Mason/etc. because the only build people are going to focus on is theirs... I've seen it happen multiple times, so don't tell me it doesn't happen
    • 52 posts
    January 31, 2013 10:46 AM EST
    I love that idea. But I presume the normal death match would not exist because of that?
    • 739 posts
    January 31, 2013 10:51 AM EST

Then we would move upto apprentice and start deathmatches...

• 52 posts
    January 31, 2013 10:52 AM EST
    If we up the lit to go into apprentice to fifteen then we would have to up them for all of them as well.
    • 253 posts
    January 31, 2013 10:53 AM EST

You just have to time it right, post the build when it is gonna be busy. But yeah, it is easy for them to get eclipsed.. In general I support the giant deathmatch idea.

• 1913 posts
    January 31, 2013 11:04 AM EST
    I like this idea best
    • 253 posts
    January 31, 2013 11:07 AM EST

I support that. However,  I feel that even with the obviously bad builds, give them some time at least. That way the build maker can receive feedback, possibly greatly improving the build, or using that knowledge the next time. I have seen a few people who were putting out terrible builds get their stuff together and figure it out, partly due to their feedback.

• 557 posts
    January 31, 2013 11:34 AM EST
    Or......here me out......he just delete everything in the Bloodworks.
    • 1913 posts
    January 31, 2013 11:35 AM EST
    I also like that idea. Everyone... Listen to Bane
    • 557 posts
    January 31, 2013 11:39 AM EST
    I think we should give Ben, Mason, and Ponty a chance to do their work. Anything the seem worthy can stay around for Deathmatches.
    • 16 posts
    January 31, 2013 11:42 AM EST

This.  I also fear that unknown builders like myself will end up in the shadow of the veteran posters on here.  If my build suck, then it's fine, but to get it deleted because my name is not so and so and I don't get the insta votes for it, would really suck as a new member. 

• 180 posts
    January 31, 2013 11:45 AM EST

The problem there is that the builds they leave, they assume will reach 10 likes with a little bit of publicity. What would be the point of doing deathmatches if we assume nothing will get deleted?

I think we should go with Ben/Pauls idea. delete everything unworthy and make everything under 20 likes eligible for deathmatches. However, I don't think that it should go any higher than that.

• 739 posts
    January 31, 2013 12:05 PM EST

Hi FXMorph,

I'm sorry but this 'popularity' problem simply doesn't exist mate...

I've heard this excuse a number of times over the months...

"My builds don't get noticed because so and so posted so and so at the same time...etc..."

Check this out:- LINK

1st build, new member, posted the same day as Pontys newest edition and went straight to legendary.

This isn't really directed at yourself, it's at everyone else who still have no faith in the current system and think that their work gets picked on or something.

Post good content and it will always be noticed and liked, simples...

• 16 posts
    January 31, 2013 12:08 PM EST

Fair enough, and I'll take your word for it, as like I mentioned, I'm quite new to the forums.  My uneducated opinion was made on previous posts in this thread, and the Names in Legendary, Master, and Expert that re-occures alot.

I'll keep my mind open in any case. :)

• 739 posts
    January 31, 2013 12:31 PM EST

How about this, we hold...

THE GREAT PURGE!

Everyone in the group gets one week to improve their previous builds (under 20 likes), they can also bump their build (once) when changes have been made...

After one week the hosts step in and terminate anything that has been left to rot...

We then install our new group ranks and group layout and we all start fresh from that point...

If this means we lose the deathmatches then so be it, since the initial novelty wore off very few people take them seriously or comment these days anyway...

• 16 posts
    January 31, 2013 12:33 PM EST

I can go with this.

• 180 posts
    January 31, 2013 12:34 PM EST

I'm in favor of this. Some builds I think would just need a friendly bump to get them the last few likes it needs.

• 52 posts
    January 31, 2013 12:35 PM EST
    Does this also mean you are going to up the amount of like s to be put in that rank?