Forums » Elder Scrolls

Elder Scrolls Online Beta Open!

• 12 posts
    January 22, 2013 4:58 PM EST

elderscrollsonline.com SIGN UP NOW!!!

• 291 posts
    January 22, 2013 7:15 PM EST

You know what.  I don't think I'll go into Beta this time.  The last time I beta tested a game, I got tired of it by launch. :(

I'm going to do what I did with LOTRO and wait for launch and everything to get stable and set up.  Then I'll take a swing at it.

• TZ
    • 28 posts
    January 23, 2013 9:10 AM EST

I've signed up and if I get selected I will hopefully be allowed to take footage and share it on my YouTube Channel as well as post it here for fans. 

I felt the opposite Kyrielle, when I beta tested SWTOR I was excited for the retail version but when playing that intensely I stopped after one month. I think however in the BETA I will play a class/build that I will not be commiting to in retail, I don't want to just rebuild my character from BETA after the wipe.

• 966 posts
    January 23, 2013 9:13 AM EST

What about open Beta?

• TZ
    • 28 posts
    January 23, 2013 11:09 AM EST
    Click the link.
    • 12 posts
    January 23, 2013 4:29 PM EST

Heh, I can see you guys really read the non-disclosure agreement you signed when you submitted beta application

• 966 posts
    January 23, 2013 4:42 PM EST

I meant if she was planning on trying the open beta instead of closed.

• 708 posts
    January 23, 2013 4:58 PM EST

I've been in betas before so I had a general idea of the agreement, but clicking the agreement link just sent me back to the homepage!

• 291 posts
    January 23, 2013 5:39 PM EST

Perhaps.  I might use it as a trial run and make something I have no intention of actually playing.

• 291 posts
    January 23, 2013 5:41 PM EST

Yeah, that's pretty much what happened to me with SWTOR as well.  I made it all the way up to end-game, did a little PVP, actually got noticed somewhat.  Then I was done.  Something was missing from that game to keep me hooked...

On another note.  TZ, you probably won't be able to share any footage until the NDA has been lifted.  Usually that happens right before Open Beta.

• 377 posts
    January 23, 2013 7:22 PM EST

I signed up yesterday and have yet to hear back.

• 966 posts
    January 23, 2013 7:47 PM EST

Check you spam filter, for some reason it did end up in mine.

• 409 posts
    January 23, 2013 8:48 PM EST

I almost signed up it sayed I had an "above average" chance but I am paranoid about all the legal stuff so I never submitted... I am unfortunatly used to lying about my age for video games but letting them see my facebook and giving them a direct link to my email is a no go.

• 377 posts
    January 23, 2013 10:07 PM EST

I did and still nothing

• 59 posts
    January 24, 2013 2:56 AM EST

When is the Beta starting? Or when would you hear back that your in if your chosen? Straight away or how long do you have to wait?

• 708 posts
    January 24, 2013 3:23 AM EST

When I signed up it said I'd hear from them within 48 hours (this was about 35 hours ago))

• 966 posts
    January 24, 2013 6:17 AM EST

Checked your spam filter?

• 12 posts
    January 24, 2013 3:34 PM EST

Confirmation emails would be sent within 48 hours, it probably went to your spam filter most likely all it says is thankyou for signing up.

They said on facebook page that they are starting pvp beta this week, and its going to be limited number of invites, then when they need testing for other aspects more will be sent out etc etc, the game is still 11 months away, you could get an a key this week....or in October, you wont know..plus you might just be invited just to participate in 1 roll out of content aspect, not entire beta build

• 6 posts
    February 4, 2013 8:50 AM EST

I signed up to this and Paul's update email prompted me to come back to the site,

In short, I ended up buying a gaming pc after Skyrim, started playing other games online and playing MMO's with a Guild.

Our Guild has signed up to the BETA en masse and so we are quite exicted to get involved to say the least. Having played GW2 to death and evening going back to WOW and SWTOR we are all looking for the "next big thing" and reckon this will be it.

I am pretty sure it will be awesome game and even better to play in groups using chat servers etc. Will add a great new dimension to the game.