Forums » General Gaming

Most hated character

• Tim
    • 89 posts
    June 8, 2013 11:43 PM EDT

oh come on, the only reason people like her is because she's hot and uses cool magic. Other than that, she is tremendously annoying. HOW DO YOU FIND WAYS TO BITCH ABOUT EVERY KIND OF WEATHER?

• Tim
    • 89 posts
    June 9, 2013 12:06 AM EDT

Joffrey Baratheon. I don't even care if he's not a video game character, he's the worst person

• 116 posts
    June 9, 2013 3:54 AM EDT

A fact that is not made ANY better by the fact that she is forced upon you as an un-dismissable follower.  Without her, I would have had a lot more fun playing the Dawnguard stuff.  As it was, I sped through it to get rid of her kill-stealing and being in my way.

• 116 posts
    June 9, 2013 3:58 AM EDT

That's a rather cynical way to play.  If you can't get connected to the characters in a game... why bother playing games that involve role-play and/or characterization? (*cough* Skyrim *cough*)

• 12 posts
    June 9, 2013 4:23 AM EDT

maven, or any khajiit and argonian lol 

• 111 posts
    June 9, 2013 7:40 AM EDT

@Brynjolf Well throughout Skyrim someone (until I took the local DB branch out) was paying for assassins to take me down .. my guess is that it was MB and I dearly would love the opportunity to repay the favour. It's a pity that the Blackbriars aren't in a blood feud with another family (like in Whiterun) then I could side with them. Definitely don't want Maven to end up as Jarl. That's a thought .. do you know if with Dawnguard DLC vampires get the chance to barbecue a few Blackbriars (after the ritual koshering process) as they do for some useful NPCs  in Whiterun (apart from that pain who keeps going on about his crops) Were I in the Dawnguard (which I currently am) I would just stand around applauding the sight of them being rendered into dogmeat

• 33 posts
    June 9, 2013 7:43 AM EDT

yep.

Bloody incestual Brother/sisterfuckers

• 17 posts
    June 9, 2013 8:44 AM EDT

In Skyrim, just all the children.

If not in a game, it's definitly Carl Grimes from The Walking Dead series. I just can't stand the little fagget.

• 11 posts
    June 19, 2013 12:21 PM EDT

BECAUSE SHE IS A VAMPIRE GOD DAMMIT

• 11 posts
    June 19, 2013 12:22 PM EDT

She is only an un-dissmissable follower once you bring her to Castle Volkihar

• 116 posts
    June 19, 2013 12:27 PM EDT

Which... if I recall, is an integral part of the Dawnguard storyline...

• 1913 posts
    June 19, 2013 12:37 PM EDT
    i love her character, the voice actor, her dialogue, and she is the only follower I have that i never wanted to curse out for not being helpful. she is my favorite follower, Lydia is second, Frea is third...
    • 1913 posts
    June 19, 2013 12:39 PM EDT
    she is only undissmissable during two quests... you dont need to have her with you all the time...
    • 152 posts
    June 19, 2013 2:53 PM EDT

hrm.....

Most hated character ever....Don't really have one honestly... None of them actually made me hate them that much. Dislike, hell yeah! Hate, nah.

If I had to choose one to promote to being my hated character though....

in all games, it would have to be Dr.Breen from Half Life 2 or 343 guilty spark from halo

In Skyrim, it would be Maven black briar because she is a complete bitch and the Thieves guild merely because they support Maven Black Briar, and that there is no "destroy the thieves guild!" quest

• 6 posts
    June 19, 2013 3:06 PM EDT

That toad guy from Mario who told you the princess is not in this castle.

• 40 posts
    June 29, 2013 3:34 AM EDT
    I Hate It When There Is A Strong Hostile Enemy That You Can't Beat, So You Run And Bump Into Your Follower And He Says "What's The Hurry?" Your Just Like, Well I Don't Know Maybe There's 20 Giants Chasing Us.... Retarded Followers.
    • 209 posts
    June 29, 2013 6:15 AM EDT
    There's a mod for that. Although it is a basic, kill everybody.
    • 116 posts
    June 29, 2013 6:20 AM EDT

Just had to toss the "F" word in there didn't you?

Personally, I like Carl.  So... pffppptpt!

• 1913 posts
    June 29, 2013 12:45 PM EDT
    i like carl now... season 1-2 all he did was endanger the group and got shot
    • 147 posts
    June 29, 2013 1:44 PM EDT

In skyrim, I hate Vex, literally hate, she is always so rude and is just a butch about everything, out of skyrim,in real life, any human who uses the word swag or yolo seriously instead of making fun of it.

• 1913 posts
    June 29, 2013 1:49 PM EDT
    i dont get why so many people like her? she is rude, thinks she is the greatest when she does nothing, and she isnt really attractive... whats to like from that snow white, bleach blonde, bitchy woman-thing?
    • 1595 posts
    June 29, 2013 3:15 PM EDT

I liked Kaiden in Mass Effect. After Knights of the Old Republic and Star Wars Republic Heroes it was nice to hear a familiar voice. It was like being reunited with an old friend!

• 111 posts
    June 29, 2013 5:34 PM EDT

I had always selected Kaiden for the sacrifice in ME1 so I never got the chance to use him as an squad member in 3. Realising I was perhaps being somewhat uncharitable considering Ashley's personal shortcomings as a squad member in the final battle I went back and played ME1 sacrificing her just for the hell of it. Kaiden's Sentinel skills are really useful especially in the earth battle but having to listen to him whining on just about everything made me long for the halcyon days of Williams and her bad poetry recitals which btw she also plagued me with in  DAO (save me puhleease?)

• 1913 posts
    June 29, 2013 5:43 PM EDT
    i love ashley. i love kimberly brooks (her voice actress). i love poetry. and i love tough women...

and i hate it when people say that she's racist...

1. no she isnt, she makes it clear in me1 that she just doesnt trust them

2. her entire family has suffered in the military because of aliens... it isnt that difficult to imagine they have some trust issues

3. she says tali is like a little sister to her... why would she say that to an alien if she hates aliens (and no, it wasnt just 1 race she didnt trust. she said in me1 she didnt trust any non-human. now garrus, wrex, and tali are friends of hers)
    • 111 posts
    June 29, 2013 6:05 PM EDT

Didn't say she was a racist just prejudiced, and let's face it narrow minded but still a good all round human being, an excellent team member, and a good friend.

From an RPG point of view Ashley's resentment over the treatment of her family makes her poor officer material has clearly influenced her attitude towards her military colleagues. It is that impact on appraisers that affected her career not her technical skills. After she teamed up with Shephard and helped save the Citadel, promotion was a forgone conclusion. Odd that she was commissioned. Even in ME3 Ashley was still much more comfortable taking orders than giving them. Ashley seemed to shun responsibility, but loved to shoot things using her BIG gun attitude as a universal panacea for all of Shephards problems. Of course it's easy to overlook her myopia as an officer, but you can't change the fact that at heart Ashley is a grunt albeit a first class one