Forums » Elder Scrolls

What is your favorite style? Mage,warrior, or stealth?

• 360 posts
    November 3, 2013 8:01 AM EST
    Stealth and sword, combined with a little bit of magic
    • 4 posts
    November 3, 2013 8:51 AM EST

Magic, as I find that Warriors are to... "samey". You don't have really any tactics other than block and attack. I do find these characters fun, but Mages are better for me. Stealth doesn't go to well for me. Mixing combat with stealth, (Like Ponty's Nightingale Swordsman) is fun, but pure stealth is just boring.

My character, an Imperial called Jasper, started as a warrior, went into a stealth and came out a mage. Thanks to the Dragonborn skill tree removal.

Jasper now is a Destruction Warlock, (For all you WoW fans), which the main set up is Destro, Alteration and Conjuration as primary skills, while Restoration, Alchemy and Enchanting are my minor ones. If you were wondering, I use Non Hooded Thalmor Robes and Thalmor equipment. Sort of like Warlock - Dark Summoner build. Well, that was quite a post...

• November 3, 2013 9:37 AM EST

I enjoy stealth warriors, personally. Focusing on Sneak, Light Armor, Block, One-Handed, and Archery gives you the freedom to approach (or avoid) combats in a variety of ways. If the pure mage relies on his magicka pool, the stealth warrior relies instead on stamina and tactical positioning. It's a tricky build to play, especially in the early levels where light armor gives negligible protection, but it quickly becomes a very strong all-around approach to the game.

• 74 posts
    November 16, 2013 10:41 PM EST
    I love using magic, all of my characters have some form of magic tied in. Stealth is my least favorite, since it's OP as hell, and I hate the one hit-one kill thing. Glass-canon mage is the way to go.
    I think I get it from D&D, my PC is a fuckin' mobile artillery platform.
  • November 17, 2013 12:03 AM EST

As much as I love mages and assassins I always come back to warrior.

• 63 posts
    November 17, 2013 8:37 AM EST

I have multiple hybrids of warrior-stealth, but all my khajiit revolve around a stealthy premise.

• 104 posts
    November 17, 2013 4:29 PM EST
    I usually play hybrids... At least one major skill from the differing professions.
    • 365 posts
    November 17, 2013 7:17 PM EST

In this order:

Being a badass A.K.A Stealth, and sticking arrows in throats from the distance from the darkness.

Fucking shit up with a sword (A.K.A Warrior)

Being a squishy mage who runs away in feminine robes who can't swing a lump of metal.

• 95 posts
    November 22, 2013 3:08 AM EST

It is hard to tell, I've already played Destruction mage, 2 handed brute, sneaky bastard and I enjoyed all of them. But I must say the one that I prefer the most is a conjuration mage :) I played a lot with Diablo 2 and I loved to play the necromancer (summoning ). In Skyrim, the situation is the same :)

• August 31, 2014 8:10 PM EDT

Warrior, tanking, restoration and destruction. I love the heavy armor, I don't even care if it slows me down. 

• 1 posts
    January 2, 2015 3:03 PM EST
    Honestly I can adapt to most any play style, and I have multiple times. Honestly though, I have to say that stealth is the most fun, being able to either slit everyone's throat before they know you're there, or stealing everything from them and giggling while you slaughter a naked, unarmed enemy. Both routes are fun, but either way, especially playing a thief, it's hard to really survive any boss battles, which in my opinion are the best part of the game, so... catch 22 I guess.
    • 44 posts
    January 2, 2015 3:05 PM EST
    Warrior and stealth are my favorite styles. I like magic characters but ive just never really gotten any of them far enough to be significant.
    • 31 posts
    January 2, 2015 6:26 PM EST

Pure Mage. I was never good at archery weirdly enough and I could easily play a warrior though it doesn't have as much appeal as being able to use a wide arsenal of magic. From being the Gandalf/Dumbledore wizard to a scholar, being a mage is limitless. Especially when you go around hoarding Daedric artifacts!

Knowledge is power.

• 133 posts
    January 3, 2015 8:51 AM EST
    Wow, this is an old discussion. But I'll bite. My favorite character combines stealth archer and warrior whilst using poisens and potions (home brewed) in order to augment his skills. The stealth is used to survey the environment and maybe get a couple sneak shots in. Then I go all sword and board and chop em up!

Smarter than a barbarian, stronger than a sneaky assassin.

Lots of crafting, I find great satisfaction in crafting your own weaponry and armor. No magic at all, (aside from shouts.)

So I'm not sure if it falls under any category.

I've had this character a long time. I find that pure stealth or pure warrior or pure Mage results in rather boring gameplay. But that's just me.
    • 83 posts
    January 4, 2015 7:10 PM EST

I've got a really odd combination in an Imperial I made to be the "offspring" of Heath Ledger's Joker and Alice Pleasance Liddell (Alice from the Lewis Carroll stories.)

Her playstyle changes: she mains a Ebony Bow she found, plus dual wielding Firebolt spells, also a Steel Warhammer she enchanted with Soul Trap (she also has the Black Star!); she loves dropping into stealth and striking unseen!

• January 5, 2015 10:23 PM EST

Warrior is my favorite. There's just something about standing toe to toe with someone and hitting him till he stops moving  That being said, I've enjoyed playing each of the archetypes and several combinations. One I really had a blast with was a sneak mage using mostly illusion and conjuration. Making an entire bandit camp kill each other without them ever knowing I was there is just too much fun