Forums » Elder Scrolls

What is your favorite style? Mage,warrior, or stealth?

• 1913 posts
    February 3, 2013 2:33 PM EST
    Add that with the paralyze perk and they die being frozen, lol. Though there is a chance at missing the shot because of that... You win some, you lose some
  • February 3, 2013 9:17 PM EST

I loved the Sisters of Order videos, looks like I might modify my characters playmaking . That 's a very Antipodean accent for someone in the States , Brynjolf. I guess you are not a native ?

• 1913 posts
    February 3, 2013 9:19 PM EST
    Oh, that's not me. That is another member on the site named TZ. He's an Aussie, I believe
    • 31 posts
    February 4, 2013 12:16 AM EST

My style is more like "Just leave those motherfucker to you" style. Use conjuration and hired follower to do the dirty job while you stand there watching the show.

• 5 posts
    February 6, 2013 3:01 PM EST

Stealth.  I always like a nice warrior / thief build, because you get the best of both worlds; sneak in and kill the leader with a sneak attack, then go toe-to-toe with the simpletons.

If magic had different / better mechanics, it would triumph. A magic thief would be badass, but something other than illusion.  If you could "force" someone to be your minion without having to kill them, like an NPC, it would be a different story.  Imagine if you could jedi mind trick Jarls to go on adventures with you.  The spell could be "make someone your follower for XXX seconds."

• 39 posts
    February 6, 2013 3:46 PM EST

As someone who has loved Knights and other things like that since a young age, I prefer a 2H or Sword n' Board Warrior-like Character in Plate armor...Win

• 24 posts
    February 17, 2013 4:12 AM EST

I love sneaking about. All because of the master+ assassin type classes. I also like the sneak bound bow style. Its so fun and powerful. 

Off topic: Are there scrolls of bound weapons? 

• 1483 posts
    February 17, 2013 5:41 AM EST
    I love playing stealthy characters but I prefer not to kill enemies. It's very enjoyable when you get to the word wall in the dungeon without killing anyone :)
    • 16 posts
    February 17, 2013 9:19 AM EST

Yeah Pacifist builds are awesome, but eventually you have to kill something, unless you completely skip some guild quests.

• 1483 posts
    February 17, 2013 3:11 PM EST

Yeah I agree, the Companions questline is a nightmare for pacifist characters :) By the way am I the only one who thinks that it is weird that follower's kills are attributed to your character. I mean, it wasn't me who killed that people :D

• 2 posts
    February 17, 2013 4:00 PM EST

Given enough time, I can enjoy any play style. But, I mostly enjoy stealth and magic. Being a tank character gets extremely boring after about 20 mins.

• 1 posts
    February 17, 2013 6:03 PM EST

Being in the military changed my view on game-play, I generally play an assassin and will scout out the area and eliminate any stragglers that I can without being noticed. Then I will try to take out the rest in small engagements from a distance, then will sneak around and get in close and go berserk on the rest of the enemies.

• 37 posts
    February 17, 2013 6:20 PM EST
    I personally cant help but dip a little into magic with every character I make. When I plan yo make a pure warrior I cant help but ask myself "ok what about health? Potions. Are you gonna use a potion everytime ur running low on health? I guess not" which then I usually go for restoration. I never got too thick into alchemy.

Another example is an assassin. I cant help but use necromancy and rage spells. Its far too entertaining.
    • 3 posts
    February 17, 2013 8:48 PM EST
    Just started a magic character, only destruction and restoration on Master Difficutly. It's a beatdown so far lol, trying to add something to the mix. I'd say that Mage is the way to go for me because it's so versatile. Plus an ice spear zooming in as it hits some bandit in the face is awesome.
    • 1 posts
    February 18, 2013 3:36 AM EST

Warrior, using a tiny bit of sneak and bow for range, and a bit of restoration. I love the visceral, thumping nature of melee.

• 9 posts
    February 19, 2013 2:40 AM EST

this should have been a  polll...but anyways the most popular is obviously stealth,warrior,magic(in that order)?

I favour magic...i think because it feels cool to summon bound weaps

• 3 posts
    October 28, 2013 8:47 PM EDT

More like a combined warrior and mage, the mage part for summoning frost atronachs(spelling) when I'm in deep crap. :D

• AJ
    • 47 posts
    October 29, 2013 1:17 AM EDT

Often a hybrid. I tend to play mage-type characters. Stealth is my least favourite.

• 1 posts
    October 29, 2013 1:24 AM EDT

I'd have to say a pure mage with a dash of sneaking just so I can scout and see what i'm up against and plan correctly. I also wear mostly robes with heavy armor boots and gauntlets just for that extra bit of defence. My usual set up is destruction, conjuration, and a bit of illusion.

• 27 posts
    October 29, 2013 1:27 AM EDT

Well i Tend to Try to go In the Middle i like Going like a Spellblade or a Arcane Bugler Or Sneaky Warrior  But i Tend to use more magic then anything else  I love playing as a Bugler  and a mage i don't play much of warrior i think its me playing a Knight in oblivion way to much but other then that i will play all of them and all of them can be fun if set up well

• 485 posts
    October 29, 2013 3:15 AM EDT
    I've always preferred assassin and magician hybrids
    • 56 posts
    October 29, 2013 8:10 AM EDT

I have created builds of all 3 types, but I always come back to my stealthy characters. I like to use the bow from the shadows or sneak up and cut up a throat with a dagger swing. But my current character uses sneak, a bow and sword & shield.

• 700 posts
    November 2, 2013 10:00 PM EDT

My favorite playstyle is aggro archer sooooo...warrior? It doesn't fit into any other archetype. 

• 69 posts
    November 2, 2013 10:14 PM EDT
    I like using a lightly armour warrior that sneaks well and uses magic and bound weapons... So all three?

Not too strong in any situation, but is capable of all rounding :)
    • 40 posts
    November 3, 2013 1:19 AM EDT

I have different characters for each style, because I enjoy them all to an extent and find that each is a nice break from the other, but I found a nice combination of stealth and warrior type gameplay in my Nord character, Brearth.

He's what I constantly refer to as an ambush predator (mostly because that sounded cool in my head one time so I became too lazy to find other ways of describing it), basically covering as much distance between himself and his target(s) by sneaking as possible before charging the rest of the way to massacre them with his shield and war axe combo.

It's a very fun character. In fact I may have to see if there's a build similar to this one, and if not, make one.