Forums » General Gaming

What was your best gaming moment?

• 81 posts
    January 9, 2013 3:03 PM EST
    I don't know if this has already been asked before, what was your best gaming moment? It could be anything.
    Was it finishing that game that all your friends said was really hard to finish?
    Was it coming first in an online match?
    Was it getting all the trophies/achievements for the first time?
    Was it being the only one in your area to have done that?
    Mine was after having just bought Oblivion. It was the first tes game I had bought and I had no idea what it was going to be like. I had had my eye on it for almost a year but I had never seem the title, only the front cover. Anyway when I finally got I started playing. It was the first game I had got where I could make my own character so I had fun doing that and spent a load of time trying to make my character look just right.
    After finishing the tutorial I got out of the sewers and saw a river in front of me. I crossed it and then the music changed. I didn't know what it meant so I carried on going forwards until I got to the road. A guard on a horse stopped next to me and gotten of the horse to fight the bandits that had been following me . I decided to get on his horse so I would go faster.
    On my way to Chorrol I got stopped by another guard that wanted to arrest me I ran away on my stolen horse and got to Chorrol.
    By the time I had gotten there I was just amazed by the game that it was rarely out of my ps3.
    • 111 posts
    January 9, 2013 3:44 PM EST

When I blew the cr*p outta The Black Mesa Administrator/ruler of earth for the Combine in Half Life 2. That guy (voiced by Robert Culp) irritated the hell out of me with his pa bullsh*t, throughout the whole game. It felt sooo good to finally shut him up!

I agree Oblivion start sequence was great! I can't imagine any other emperor than Patrick Stewart with his all encompassing visionary voice of wisdom and destiny. Getting out of the sewers and seeing the sunshine was great! as was the main quest final fight. Cyrodiil was a great country with wonderful views and multiculture cross sections

• 12 posts
    January 11, 2013 2:30 PM EST

Funny enough mine was Oblivion too.  When we bought the 360 I looked at the game Oblivion for a while.  My husband had treated himself to a new TV and to be fair he wanted me to have a treat too as we had just moved into a new house.  Being a new mum he thought it would be best if he bought me a new cooker for our new kitchen.... 10 minutes later I sent him back out along with the cooker to get me the new xbox 360.  Then every time we went game shopping I watched my husband buy racing games and Far cry etc and I kept picking up Oblivion looking at the back of the case then putting it back on the shelf.  Finally one day I decided to buy it and I played it for two years none stop.  As soon as my baby daughter was in bed I put it on and even when some of my friends wanted to see if I wanted any company if my husband was working late I'd make an excuse just to sit on my own and play Oblivion.  I loved it.  Even if I go back on it now there's nothing left to do as I've done everything on it.  I have noticed there are a couple of add ons I didn't buy though.  Now my daughter is 7 and she now plays on it.  I do love Skyrim but I loved Oblivion more.

• 111 posts
    January 12, 2013 3:22 AM EST

I can't remember how many times I played Oblivion. I think  I finished everything at least once, but what made it even better for me was the really classy mods developed by geniuses who did a fantastic job. Some of the player homes/estates were fantastic as were new companion mods, weapons, and just about everything else. Graphics and details, textures were stunning throughout and the vistas in Cyrodiil? Exceptional. I have to say for me they are still better than the esoteric beauty of Skyrim mountain scenes and craggy landscapes.  

• 360 posts
    March 13, 2013 5:52 PM EDT
    When i got my name on the slate of legends of the Battle of stoicism duel arena in the dark souls artorias of the abyss dlc, i was so focused and determined, it was awesome to see my name there unfortunatly a haker broke my streak at about 18 so i did not make it to the top
    • 7 posts
    May 15, 2013 7:43 PM EDT
    A match of invasion on Halo Reach: Top of the board, 31 kills and two deaths and won the match. And after not playing reach for about a two months. (Right after Skyrim came out)
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    May 15, 2013 8:22 PM EDT

A long time ago... When Age of Mythology still had a good quantity of online players, in a very, very long game, 2v2.
    Even that my team lost it, it was absolutely the most apreciated match that I have ever played in AoM.

• June 4, 2013 3:03 AM EDT

Beating Darks Souls hands down. I've never cheered so hard playing a game in my entire life.

• TZ
    • 28 posts
    June 4, 2013 3:14 AM EDT

I hate to say but it was back in World of Warcraft vanilla when I was playing a Rogue in a battleground and I managed to hold off a point solo versus odds that were heavily against me.

I killed 3 players by sapping one and taking down the other 2 then finishing off the third and re-enforcements came and I took down those 3 as well. At the time I never frapsed like I do now and I wish I could of recorded moments like that.

Rogues were an easy class at that time to play but hard to master and I felt I had the edge when playing mine to be just that little bit more OP then the rest.  

Overall difficult PVP battles and winning them even with the deck stacked in favour for the other team are moments I love, especially in Dota or any other team based game. Clutch moments in Counter-Strike as well.

• 661 posts
    June 4, 2013 4:13 AM EDT

Strangling the life out of someone on "Hitman 2: Silent Assassin" with the piano wire. I must have been 12 when I did that. I still remember the choking sounds.

• 144 posts
    June 4, 2013 4:20 AM EDT

Mine was actually not even when I was playing the game. It was in the E3 trailer for Skyrim. That moment when the dovahkiin Fus roh dahs the dragon in the trailer I literally shook with anticipation and sheer awe. 

• 661 posts
    June 4, 2013 4:27 AM EDT

Nice, reminds me of the time I watched that Reach trailer. You know the live action one. Where the original Six made the ultimate sacriface after Kat had her arm melted off. That almost made me cry.

• June 4, 2013 4:35 AM EDT

Really your first game was Oblivion? '^'

Best moments were in Mario 64, I loved it when we first played the game as kids, took us a couple months to finish that game. We worked together to solve the puzzles and spent hours trying to find non-existing secret places in the castle...

GTA San Andreas was the same, with all its mysteries and secret places. Enjoyed that so much.

Need for Speed Most Wanted... considering I almost got a world record on it :D

Runescape, flame it all you want but that game has amazing quests which are retardedly difficult. "Here's 8 mirrors in the desert which theoretically reflect 8 places in the world that hint the location of a hidden treasure, good luck." It just has a really bad community that cheats through quests and doesnt know how to enjoy the masterpiece it is. Most fun questing game I played.

Silkroad, oh boy. The company that made that game (Joymax) abandoned moderating the game and it got overrun by bots. The "legits" (those who didn't cheat), me included, made a last stand for 2 years on one of the servers. We were over 500, largest game "army" I was ever part of. So many things happened I'd need to write a book in order to tell the whole story. Most dramatic MMO I played.

Battlefield BC2... such a great FPS. It feels so real, so intense, I can't get as much fun out of any other game. In other FPS games you run around alone and try to solo everything. Here you are forced to stick with your team and move house by house, as you hear bullets fly-by and the ground shaking as tanks approach. Most thrilling game I ever played.

• 661 posts
    June 4, 2013 4:38 AM EDT

So which one is your favourite moment?

• June 4, 2013 4:48 AM EDT

Don't know, they were all good in their way. Probably Runescape in the long run, because it really made me live an adventure. I struggled a lot to finish all the quests.

Oh and how could I have forgotten Amnesia: The Dark Descent... because it's so scary, it gave me actual, real feelings as well. True fear, pain, almost despair. You forget "it's just a game" when playing it. It reveals a part of you that you didn't know.

There's a lot of games I loved in the end.

• 661 posts
    June 4, 2013 4:53 AM EDT

So.... to be frank. What was your best moment in gaming again? You totally contridicted your answer by adding another paragraph into the mix.

• 661 posts
    June 4, 2013 5:03 AM EDT

Armathyx you got me in a reminiscent moment.

Duke Nukem 3D was another great moment in gaming for me. Again I was to young to play. Maybe too young. But that is what made this game awesome. Growing up to the sounds of Pigs' guts being blown to kingdom come! It is really something else. Or the most epic Multiplayer system known to date! Nothing better then hearing Duke talk shit about Duke.

My first E3 viewing. 2000 and 8 baby! One of the best years for gaming. It is when I got my first Xbox 360 Elite. Too many good games came out that year. GTA IV, Fallout 3, Fable 2.

Stepping into the Divide. How many States did that hole eat up?!?! Like seriously. I was scared when I saw that.

• June 4, 2013 5:12 AM EDT

Oh single moment... I have no idea. I've played a large variety of games, that for me is a small list of the top best xD

That's a really tough question. I guess it would come to Runescape again during a quest called Mourning's Ends Part 2. In that quest you find your way into a deep buried temple of an ancient civilisation. There are many ghosts down there which hit you hard, and few safespots. If you die in that game, you lose all your items, which you spent days getting, so it's very punishing.

It took me 10 hours to finish that god forsaken puzzle. I had to take a sheet of paper,  camp the safezones and then draw a map of the temple myself, while taking notes of all the elements I could see so as not to miss any hint. Running around the corridors with all the ghosts would easily get me killed. I then studied the map in order to complete the quest.

Damn, was it an adventure. I had never been pushed as far as having to draw an actual map myself and make serious calculations over a game. Few are those who finished that quest without help. The sense of achievement was so great, it just made my week. I actually had a blog for the game and posted screenshots of my maps there, which people would see and comment. Shortly after, I was writing guides on how to quest without guides for the community.

• 661 posts
    June 4, 2013 5:19 AM EDT

The most I have ever done in that game was fish. Then fail at cooking the fish. Seems I took it for granted though the way you describe the game.

• 4 posts
    June 4, 2013 5:31 AM EDT

When I beat Dark Souls, The first thing I thought about was to not take crap from my friends, and that if they ever boasted about them being good at games, I would just say, "Yeah, well I beat Dark Souls" or "You can say that once you beat Dark Souls". Just to show how much of a hypocrite I am.

• 19 posts
    June 4, 2013 9:02 AM EDT

Mark of Kri...the final little movie after beating the game...I sometimes go back to play the game all the way through just to watch the cut scene again...it still makes me chuckle. 

• 6 posts
    June 4, 2013 10:38 AM EDT

Has to be from way back playing my brother in Tecmo Super Bowl. Down by 13 with a minute left in the 4th qtr. He had the ball, and was passing I got an interception returned for a TD. Recovered an onside kick and completed a deep ball for a 2nd TD winning the game. For those of you that don't know the clock in that game runs amazingly fast. 2 scores in less than a minute is just preposterous. Plus being able to talk trash to your brother for the rest of your life is priceless

• 81 posts
    June 4, 2013 4:52 PM EDT
    My first tes game. My first game was either lego island or rayman 3 for pc.
    • 88 posts
    June 4, 2013 4:59 PM EDT
    Mine was beating the Elite Four and the champion in Pokemon LeafGreen. The Elite Four and the champions are the final boss in the LeafGreen, which was my first video game ever played. Me and my friends tried beating them for about 6 months and I was the first in the group to beat them. =D
    • 33 posts
    June 4, 2013 5:25 PM EDT

Me and my friend Chris got Ratchet Deadlocked at the same time and we bet to see who would finish first. I beat him, and got five bucks.