Forums » Elder Scrolls

If you could use one shout in real life what would it be?

• 409 posts
    January 8, 2013 7:07 PM EST
    I know this may seem like a stupid question but it makes you think. So what shout would use find most useful in real world use I may have to say Unrelenting for or summon Odahving just because annoying people piss me off and nobody messes with you when you have a dragon in your corner. Discuss.
  • January 8, 2013 7:09 PM EST
    Dragon Aspect easily. Spectral dragon armor? Hell yeah!
    • 409 posts
    January 8, 2013 7:10 PM EST
    Didnt think of that one I could see that being useful plus the ancient dragonborn spirit is always a plus.
    • 133 posts
    January 8, 2013 7:12 PM EST

You'd have to be hurt though 

• 557 posts
    January 8, 2013 7:13 PM EST
    Probably Soul Tear or Bend Will. Maybe even Become Etheral.
    • 409 posts
    January 8, 2013 7:16 PM EST
    Ya but if your desperate enough to use it chances are that you are.
    • 409 posts
    January 8, 2013 7:17 PM EST
    True that would be funny to see people be so afraid of you but if you do it then everyone will be dead, then you go to jail....
    • 409 posts
    January 8, 2013 7:19 PM EST
    Bend will and become ethereal would both be great bend will I make people obey my every command and become ethereal could be life saving, but what are you using soul tear for?
  • January 8, 2013 7:20 PM EST
    Bend will, of course!
    • 409 posts
    January 8, 2013 7:21 PM EST
    True. XD
    • 409 posts
    January 8, 2013 7:24 PM EST
    Clear skies could save a lot of people from things like hurricanes and tornados that would be cool, fire breath would be cool need to start a fire? YOL! Yes I didnt think of animal allegiance yes yes all would fear your bird poo powers!
    • 409 posts
    January 8, 2013 7:24 PM EST
    I dont even want to know what you would do with that power brainwash Elton John into writing a ballad about Deadpool....
  • January 8, 2013 7:32 PM EST

Slow Time. With enough physical training and some decent equipment, you could realistically become a superhero with that Shout.

Now I'm wondering if Slow Time can slow bullets down enough to dodge them - 1/10 speed is still 30 miles per hour if I remember my physics correctly, and with you at 1/2 speed - you might not be able to dodge in time.

Still, it would be incredibly useful in pretty much any situation, right?

• 739 posts
    January 8, 2013 7:37 PM EST

Become Ethereal for...

• Running to catch a bus...
    • Cliff Jumping...
    • Scaring the shit out of people...
    • 409 posts
    January 8, 2013 7:45 PM EST
    Superman is nothing compared to Dovahkiin Superman: how are you shouting so many times in a row? Dovakiin: (smiles) restoration exploit.
    • 409 posts
    January 8, 2013 7:46 PM EST
    True but if you wanna catch the bus use whirlwind sprint that and you could become an olympic gold medal track and field runner.
  • January 8, 2013 7:53 PM EST

Oh god now I can't unsee this:

Creedy: Bollocks. Whatchya gonna do, huh? We've swept this place. You've got nothing. Nothing but your bloody knives and your fancy karate gimmicks. We have guns. 

V: No, what you have are bullets, and the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer be standing, because if I am you'll all be dead before you've reloaded. 

Creedy: That's impossible. Kill him. 

[the fingermen open fire on V, but he still stands after their clips are empty

V: My turn. TIID KLO UL!
    [V proceeds to kill all fingermen with his knives before they manage to reload]\

It's official: V was a Dragonborn.

• 409 posts
    January 8, 2013 7:56 PM EST
    XD
    • 158 posts
    January 8, 2013 8:18 PM EST

....aura whisper.......

For cheating at hide and seek of course

• 131 posts
    January 8, 2013 8:55 PM EST

Clear Skies - Because driving in bad weather sucks, and it slows down my internet </3

Bend Will - Hehehe...

Call Dragon/Summon Durnehviir - Sometimes people need to be scared...

• 9 posts
    January 9, 2013 3:11 AM EST

Fruit So-da!!

• 253 posts
    January 9, 2013 7:48 AM EST

Friend: "I used to be an adventurer like you..."

Me: "FUS RO DAH"

Being able to Unrelenting Force people when they make arrow to the knee jokes in real life would be overwhelmingly satisfying. Also good when people piss you off...  

• January 9, 2013 5:05 PM EST

Storm call. Chaotic evil while remaining inconspicuous (Bar the shouting bit). Maybe I can profit from this to fulfil my neutral evil tendencies. Or, Slow time, if only to see the effects of my actions. Will I live longer to troll people by slowing down time and removing what they own from them at lightning speed?

• 47 posts
    January 9, 2013 5:54 PM EST

Aura Whisper, so I know when my neighbour's cat is somewhere unhelpful. Why do black cats have such a compulsion to sit on the bloody stairs in the dark?

• 62 posts
    January 10, 2013 9:17 PM EST

Slow Time would be cool, but overall I think Bend Will or Dismay would be more useful for those of us who have relatively normal lives. Being able to control or frighten people would be awesome. Animal Allegiance would be awesome too. I'm trying to think of any other shouts I'd like to have... does Elemental Fury work with unarmed? If so, I'd go TO TOWN on anyone who looks at me the wrong way.