Forums » Elder Scrolls

My wittle build preview

• 158 posts
    December 30, 2012 7:05 PM EST

Herro! This is a preview to my upcoming build. So this is straight from my document, it is no where close to complete and it is subject to change.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

For those of you familiar with me, this is of course my first build. The concept behind my build started off as a character proficient in strategy and execution. This however had already been done to a certain extent and offered bollocks RP opportunity in game. After a bunch of characters, all with different RP concepts and play styles I finally settled on one to fully expand and explore.

THE MONSTER HUNTER

(I'll change the name I promise)

The way I would like to set this build out will be the first of its kind. This is to accommodate the ridiculous amount of information that will not only be about the build, but how to utilize the build, and get the most out of it. Here is the outline:

This is a Build that will focus on hunting monsters/animals as a means of income. While this tired and overused concept may grate on you by now I offer a unique and thought out perspective, this being: Hunting monsters using extensive strategy for maximum efficiency. This build will be more versatile than most builds, adapting and evolving to make it’s monster hunting skills as efficient as possible. This will be a VERY role-play intensive build and would require you to invest and essentially become your character to get the most out of it. While it is possible to pick the strongest gear and weapons and go slaughter the hordes, this build will make you sit back and think, what approach will you take? What gear will you take? What potions/poisons will you brew? It all leads back to being an efficient monster hunter while having the fun RP aspects backing it. 

What I want to achieve:

-       A fluid and organic leveling process that eliminates most of the grind of builds

-       A build able to systematically and methodically tear down “Monsters” using extensively tailored Monster specific strategies

-       Utilize Skyrims mechanics to achieve a result without “breaking” the game OR exploiting it.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm putting this up to get thoughts, and also I need play testers as this requires multiple opinion based strategies. I'll give more info as needed to the play testers :) The name of the build will definitely change, I just need a cool one. Also, this may seem very similar to twisted orthurus` witch hunter but I can say with certainty it plays very differently :D

Edit: I forgot to mention that this build will be all platform friendly so no DLC will be used until all platforms have it. Then I will most likely revamp it 

• 1913 posts
    December 30, 2012 7:13 PM EST
    "fluid and organic process that elinages most of the grind of builds"... If what you mean by that, is a way to eliminate skill grinding... I'm sorry, but that's not going to happen. Most, if not all of the great builds need to be grinded for one particular skill at one point or another. Or they can only reach their full potential at a certain level with certain gear, which requires... You guessed it, skill grinding
    • 180 posts
    December 30, 2012 7:18 PM EST

Awesome build concept. It seems you are putting in a lot of effort here so I'm sure the final product will be great. Can't wait to see it.

I don't really think I have room to play another build at the moment since I'm starting three already, but if you want to bounce ideas around, feel free to message me.

• December 30, 2012 7:18 PM EST

Heart of Pellitine, the Fearmonger, the Shaper, and Requisitioner all use no-crafting. Not to mention a lot Henson's builds are no-crafting builds.

• December 30, 2012 7:19 PM EST

Same, I'm still figuring out the builds that are best suited for Dragonborn. So feel free to message me.

• 1913 posts
    December 30, 2012 7:21 PM EST
    I'm not talking about crafting, I'm talking about skill grinding, like upping smithing, or sneak, or destruction, etc.
    • 133 posts

I might have the time to help play test for you.

• 158 posts

By most of the grind in a build I mean not spending hours working on Alchemy or your heavy armour skill or something like that. One Handed, and destruction are the 2 major skills. How does one grind one handed and destruction? By fighting or training.This build actively seeks out fights and will most likely use trainers if I need that extra level or 2. Additionally, this build is adaptive, no one skill makes this build, but they all help it and it's ability to come together. 

• 1913 posts
    Ka po' tun
  • December 30, 2012 7:23 PM EST

I'm already using a two hander in Beast's Alku-fuck it, whatever it's called. Along with the Ayleid. And I may play that Day Walker build, people were talking about on the Helpdesk.

• December 30, 2012 7:24 PM EST

Uhh, I don't think a lot of builds grind like that.

• 133 posts
    December 30, 2012 7:25 PM EST

Akulakhan 

• 1913 posts
    December 30, 2012 7:25 PM EST
    Name one build that is effective in the master/legendary status that doesn't require level grinding in order to get the proper equipment, or spells, or skills
  • December 30, 2012 7:27 PM EST

Only one? Ok, the Heart of Pellitine.

• 1913 posts
    December 30, 2012 7:28 PM EST
    What's that?
  • December 30, 2012 7:29 PM EST
    Vix's build, found in the Legendary section.
    • 1913 posts
    December 30, 2012 7:31 PM EST
    Vix has made a build... When?!?!
  • December 30, 2012 7:32 PM EST
    He's made 2 :P you can find the other on my page, Order of the Twin Serpents.
    • 133 posts
    December 30, 2012 7:34 PM EST

You didn't know about Vix's builds? O.o

• 1913 posts
    December 30, 2012 7:40 PM EST
    This is a prank, Vix doesn't write builds. He writes paragraphs of text to answer lore questions
    • 158 posts
    December 30, 2012 7:46 PM EST

Thanks twisted, will do! 

• 133 posts
    December 30, 2012 7:47 PM EST

It's not a prank......

• 253 posts
    December 30, 2012 9:26 PM EST

If you were wondering about Vix's build still here is the link to the Heart of Pellitine:

http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/group/character-building/forum/topics/character-build-the-heart-of-pellitine

• 57 posts
    December 31, 2012 12:55 AM EST

I like the concept, monster hunting is near and dear to me and what I usually fall back on when I'm playing for fun. I like being able to adapt as that is a challenge for me, along with sticking to roleplay that is. I find myself picking what I would do rather than my character which ruins my character concept as a whole.

This said I would be happy to test the build for you, I'm always ready to try new play styles, and kick some monster but in the process. PM me if you would kindly allow me to help.

• 856 posts
    December 31, 2012 10:29 AM EST

This build preview should be in the Character Build group.  Please put any CB previews (and any other CB discussions) there in the future.  Thanks.