Forums » Elder Scrolls

Prettiest item/location in Skyrim?

• 62 posts
    December 14, 2012 8:04 PM EST

Pretty simple question. What is your favorite item in Skyrim based on pure aesthetic appeal? It could be a weapon, suit of armor, piece of clothing or jewelry, or something else entirely. If you'd rather, you could just give your favorite beautiful location or view.

I'll start it off. My favorite item that I can think of is Chillrend. That sword is just stunning. The ice-blue blade and gold crosspiece (combined, of course, with the icy wind effect around the blade) just make it one of the prettiest swords in the game. The prettiest, in my humble opinion. Add to that the fact that it is potentially the strongest sword in the game, and it's a win-win.

So, what do you think are the prettiest items in Skyrim? 

• 133 posts
    December 14, 2012 8:05 PM EST

Banded Iron armor and shivs.

• 291 posts
    December 14, 2012 8:25 PM EST

The model ship you find for Mercer.

Or the Oculory used to obtain the Elder Scroll.

• 62 posts
    December 14, 2012 8:39 PM EST

Oh, I forgot about the Thieves' Guild trophies. There are some nice ones.

• 271 posts
    December 15, 2012 4:34 AM EST
    The crown of Barenziah (or something like that)

Too bad you can't wear it! :/
    • 253 posts
    December 15, 2012 5:18 AM EST

I have a few:

-Dawnbreaker

-Glass greatsword

-Iron greatsword

-Ancient Nord sword

-And I love ebony armor

For locations:

-The Reach

-The Rift

-The Pale (Northern coast bit of it)

I love the look of the Reach sooooo much. The hills, valleys, rivers, crags, and all that, I love it. I also love the autumn colors of the Rift. I also love the part of the Pale that touches the Sea of Ghosts. It is very, pure, smooth, and serene. 

• 67 posts
    December 16, 2012 4:16 PM EST

Chillrend or the Atherium Crown

Places; the Vale in Dawnguard expansion

• 162 posts
    December 17, 2012 3:01 AM EST

As mentioned somewhere before, the Steel Greatsword and especially the Skyforge one is my favo.

My favorite places are the stony cities like Solitude and Windhelm. I love to wander through their streets, looking around.

• 661 posts
    December 17, 2012 3:08 AM EST

That gods-damned Ebony Mail, I find myself murdering someone just so I can wear it in almost all of my Characters. The Last Vigil nuff said.

• 131 posts
    December 17, 2012 11:28 AM EST

For me I have two items that stand out to me as "beautiful". First being a full set of Ebony armor (with or without the Ebony Mail), something about that set makes me want it the more I play. After I got it for my main character I didn't wear anything else till I got a full set of upgraded Daedric.

Second is the Nightingale Bow, not only as one of the (if not the strongest) strongest bows in the game it just looks amazing. I did the thieves guild and couldn't believe how epic it was.