Forums » Elder Scrolls

What do you think about the Dragonborn Dlc so far?

• 271 posts
    December 4, 2012 1:39 PM EST
    Here you can discuss with others about the new dlc. Ask questions about almost everything! :)
    Just remember to not spoil so much about the "main line".

Discuss! ;)
    • 277 posts
    December 4, 2012 1:42 PM EST

Can you become a werebear in the dlc?

• 271 posts
    December 4, 2012 1:45 PM EST
    Don't know. I haven't actually met any werebears.

Have you met any werebears?
    • 277 posts
    December 4, 2012 1:47 PM EST

No. I'm on pc and was curious about it.

• 131 posts
    December 4, 2012 1:56 PM EST

I'm still stuck at school for another hour and a half :c ready to get home and play (promise no spoilers)

• 180 posts
    December 4, 2012 2:00 PM EST

The main quest is enjoyable. Solsteim is cool. But some of the stuff I was hyped for turned into a huge disappointment.

• 131 posts
    December 4, 2012 2:02 PM EST

Can you say if the Dragon Mounts are worth while or not without spoiling anything in-game.

• December 4, 2012 3:40 PM EST

What I want to know is how House Telvanni is still alive. I think having everyone in your house apparently  slaughtered/enslaved/kidnapped for your soul to keep Morrowind safe (And fail)/killed by an eruption/offered to Molag Bal or Azura (yes, Dunmer worship Daedra. Sometimes.) and having someone being the last descendant of the house is a pretty good indication that the house is dead (Or nearly). One does not simply reincarnate (Apart from the Nerevar, Dragons, Argonians etc, but we are talking about Dunmer here.)

• 271 posts
    December 4, 2012 3:53 PM EST
    Does anyone know how to get those new clothes and "Elder" robes? Those robes with shoulderpads.
  • December 4, 2012 4:04 PM EST

For anyone who wants a review of the game, I found this. It's a decent review, and some stuff I can easily disregard (I don't care about achievements not appearing, not an achievement person). He's also calling Stahlrim and Bonemold "new," so I'm assuming he's talking about new to Skyrim and not new to TES.

• 2 posts
    December 4, 2012 4:55 PM EST

I've found some, let them smack me around for a bit, but never caught anything so i'm guessing you cant.

• 2 posts
    December 4, 2012 4:57 PM EST

No they're not, cause you cant actually 'steer' them so to speak 

• 285 posts
    December 4, 2012 5:04 PM EST
    Are spears usable?
    • 15 posts
    December 4, 2012 6:13 PM EST

not in the way you would hope. 

• 285 posts
    December 4, 2012 6:21 PM EST
    Arrows?
    • 15 posts
    December 4, 2012 6:29 PM EST

sadly yes, and I am not just repeating the rumors, I have done just about everything that can be done in Dragonborn.  

• 577 posts
    December 4, 2012 8:05 PM EST

I've been playing it really slow and just cruising around the south/southwest part of the island. I haven't done any of the main quest. Picked up a couple 'fetch' quests. Been having a bit of problems with frame rate. Seems awfully chunky at some points. Not real stoked on that.

Have some xbox "friends" that seem to be getting achievements like hot cakes. Not sure if it's I'm a slow player (most likely) or they're powering through it. I'll admit, I've been doing some reading too. I never played Morrowind, so I've been getting some Lore up-in-my-life.

I didn't really like the textures in Soul Cairn (especially the ground) and they seemed to have carried over the same with the "ashy" part of Solsthiem.

My immersion is not as strong as I thought it would be. I think alot of it has to do with not having had played Morrowind. But overall, it's been pretty cool. I feel I'm still just scratching the surface...even after 4-5hrs of gameplay.I got 25hrs of gameplay from DG and that was just the DG side....so I'm in no hurry with Dragonborn.

• December 4, 2012 8:08 PM EST

I was hoping to complete the MQ with my first super hardcore character that I really thought out a backstory and personality, so I'm gonna play it with my Sorceror first (he can use any weapon type anyways).

• December 4, 2012 8:09 PM EST

Yeah, my friend loves achievement, I'm the exact opposite. Maybe it's a competition thing or something.

• 131 posts
    December 4, 2012 8:32 PM EST

Just finished up the main questline and I have to say...I agree with most people who have finished it. EPIC build up...major disappointment. It's more of a long drawn out battle than some spectacular match.

• 158 posts
    December 5, 2012 12:47 AM EST

This is kind of a spoiler but something I found awesome. Just ignore this if you don't want spell spoilers

By activating stones such as the earth stone you get unique spells for example the earth stone lets you conjure werebears!

• 162 posts
    December 5, 2012 3:36 AM EST

M'aiq the Liar: "Werebears? Where? Bears? Men who are bears?" *shiver*

• 41 posts
    December 5, 2012 12:23 PM EST

Love both the Stalhrim and carved Nordic weapon and armour sets!  Just discovered you can have dual weild staffs! An excellant DLC so far,still only exploring the island at the moment,but enjoying it thoroughly.Made a huge fortune already with the amount of ebony weapons and armour I keep finding xD

• 271 posts
    December 5, 2012 1:31 PM EST
    Do any1 want to know how to get an house in Raven Rock? ;)
    • 557 posts
    December 5, 2012 1:32 PM EST
    You can?!