Forums » Elder Scrolls

DragonBorn details, No spears!?

• 158 posts
    December 3, 2012 3:18 AM EST

I hope to god THIS article is wrong about spears.

At least we get to see the morag tong

EDIT:

Another source saying that spears are unusable

• 31 posts
    December 3, 2012 5:02 AM EST

Actually its all rumors, wait until tomorrow to confirm that. 

• 377 posts
    December 3, 2012 5:40 AM EST

Regarding spears, my guess is that Besthesda did try to include them for players, but that they were not polished enough to include in the DLC. I'm guessing that Beth has developed a rough animation but doesn't want it released to the public due to the fact that it looks awkward or just plain bad. But if Beth does polish out that feature it could definitely be released in a patch, similarly the way they went with mounted combat. Needless to say, a lot of people are expecting it.

• 41 posts
    December 3, 2012 7:10 AM EST

I read a very convincing article yesterday regarding Dragonborn dlc.The person claimed to be a beta tester and stated that only Reiklings were able to use spears,and whenever they tried to pick one up it turned into an arrow whenever he checked his inventory! He also claimed that werebears were in the game - but you couldn`t be one,and Morag Tong were in the game - but you couldn`t join them,though you can wear their armour - allegedly.So not sure what to think,but we`ll find out tomorrow.I hope the individual in question is wrong though,he could just be saying these things to throw everyone off the scent  

• 1913 posts
    December 3, 2012 7:27 AM EST
    I just don't understand why people want spears. They are only a good weapon up to medium range. You can try to throw it... It will most likely miss. You can try to use it in dose range... But it would be much more valuable to use a sword. Now I'm not saying that if spears are in Dragonborn I won't use them, but they are not going to be a major reason why I buy the dlc, they won't even be a minor reason
    • 377 posts
    December 3, 2012 7:34 AM EST

It goes back to the fabled days of Morrowind. It had them in the game and people had a ball with them, and people have wanted them in newer TES games ever since. People role play with spears and do all sort of crazy stuff with them. Gods know I love it when my Argonian maid polishes my spear. I really think that's the main reason people want spears back in the game. Who knows?