Forums » Elder Scrolls

What we miss from previous TES.

• 409 posts
    November 18, 2012 8:40 PM EST

This is a simple question for those of you who have played Elder Scrolls games before Skyrim, What features do you miss from the previous games. I have played Oblivion and I gotta say that I wish in the customization you could pick your characters age. Discuss.

• 557 posts
    November 18, 2012 8:49 PM EST

CLIFF RACERS!!!!!.....wait.....I lied......

• 409 posts
    November 18, 2012 8:51 PM EST

I heard about those have a hoard of them following you and you woulndnt even know it then you fucked.

• 557 posts
    November 18, 2012 8:55 PM EST

Exactly. They weren't very nice. 

• 291 posts
    November 18, 2012 9:04 PM EST

I miss C++ as the scripting language.  Papyrus blows.

I also kind of miss the arena in the Imperial City and a few other particular places.  Oh, and the Black Horse Courier.

• 409 posts
    November 18, 2012 9:14 PM EST
    I wish you could craft your own spells again. That would be epic
    • 285 posts
    November 18, 2012 10:36 PM EST
    The variety of weapons and armor, way roned down from Oblivion, even more so Morrowind.
    • 557 posts
    November 18, 2012 10:37 PM EST

Deadric Crescent. Enough said. 

• 1913 posts
    November 18, 2012 10:53 PM EST
    I may seem stupid for asking this, what's the Daedric Crescent?
    • 377 posts
    November 19, 2012 5:31 AM EST

UMBRA!!! By the gods I miss that sword. I also miss spell crafting; with a school dedicated to learning magic one would think that students would try to craft their own spells... OH WAIT!!! they do! Except for you, of course. Magick development is just not available to you. Nope! Sorry...(we're not really)

• 377 posts
    November 19, 2012 5:36 AM EST

You know you can Google things like this, right? click

• 2 posts
    November 19, 2012 9:32 AM EST

I miss the spell variety of Morrowind. Levitate, jump, damage attribute/armor/weapon, mark/recall.... just to name a few.

• 41 posts
    November 21, 2012 7:35 AM EST
    For me personally i would say - constant levitate enchantment from Morrowind.I miss flying over mountains and hovering high above foes and pinging them with arrows xD I also miss finding caves/dungeons that could only be accessed from under the sea - also in morrowind.
    • 41 posts
    November 25, 2012 7:45 AM EST

Been thinking more about this question and realised that I miss being able to create my own spells like you could do in Oblivion.I miss playing around with the creation of powerful chain spells which I soon mastered.They were loads of fun and are sorely missed   My most missed spell has to be a long forgotten one that has long since been removed from UESP wiki called - heart attack.It was a huge amount of fun to use.Took a lot of testing to get it right,but once you do is a laugh a minute xD cast it on a bandit an run backwards,at first he will spin around like nothing happened and start running after you.Then all of a sudden his body goes limp and plummet forward smashing his face into the ground dead xD Still have the formula for it too  

• 133 posts
    November 25, 2012 8:41 AM EST

Spell creation - yesterday I've found I needed an aura of fear spell for a character - that should exist, since we have the fear effect and the cloak range - so why not a cloak of fear? this could be so easily done that I think the limitation is designed to avoid overpowering magic characters.

• 13 posts
    November 25, 2012 11:43 AM EST

1. The Arena tournament

2. Spell crafting

3. Acrobatics and Athletics skills

4. Stats (Strength, Willpower, Intelligence, Luck etc.)

• November 25, 2012 11:53 AM EST

More weapon types. I'm not a huge spell-crafting fan, it completely removed an need for a mercantile and speech focus, and was almost as overpowered as enchanting in Skyrim (if you didn't need to use perks to get overpowered stuff). More factions. That's about it.

• November 26, 2012 3:34 PM EST

Daedra. We need more of them. Especially the very high level ones .We need more demonic spiders (not literally "Demonic spiders", but I mean very hard to kill enemies). Also, I miss the Morang Tong, deadly diseases that cripple you, and I miss chapels in the wilderness.

• 10 posts
    November 26, 2012 4:21 PM EST

I wish I could get a little xp for using lvl 100 skills. I want to see a legendary dragon, but can't unless i level upusing skills that don't fit my build! Noooo! So frustrating. I miss Fallout 3 xp system

• 409 posts
    November 29, 2012 7:32 PM EST
    I want more guilds in the others there were so many then in skyrim there's only 4.
    • 144 posts
    November 30, 2012 3:48 PM EST

I miss the overwhelmingly intricate and interesting stories for the quests. I also miss the much longer quest lines of oblivion, and really just the overall effort that is put into the story. Skyrim does a great job improving combat, user interface, the HUD and the gaming mechanics in general, but the stories didn't draw me in like oblivion's did. 

• 3 posts
    November 30, 2012 8:11 PM EST

SPEARS.

• 34 posts
    December 1, 2012 12:46 AM EST

At this very second I liked a darker atmosphere with lots of browns and greens. But I have to turn my brightness down on skyrim from all the white's and grey's to not get a headache. Just been bothering me lately.

• 409 posts
    December 1, 2012 6:02 AM EST

Ya I agree with that the stories in Skyrim usually dont pull you in like other games could. And I hate how fast you climb through the ranks so easily one minute you just joined then in two hours you quickliy become the most important person in the guild and become leader.

• 291 posts
    December 1, 2012 10:21 AM EST

If anything, I think Skyrim did a better job on their smaller side quests than anything else.  There are some that I've done, short and small as they are, that really grabbed me emotionally.