Forums » Elder Scrolls

No PS3 dragonborn

• 1 posts
    November 7, 2012 9:02 PM EST

is anyone else pissed about the lack of information given to ps3 about the new dlc, we still  havent even gotten dawngaurd what shit sandwich

• 285 posts
    November 7, 2012 9:07 PM EST
    Calm down if you had seen posts earlier saying Bethesda on their twitter feed they're close to getting new content for PS3. Also several weeks ago, in the 1.8 patch files, PS3 DLC was included.
    • 377 posts
    November 7, 2012 9:46 PM EST

Just face it guys, PS3 just wont be getting any Skyrim DLC. Once that is accepted, take a deep breath, and move on with your lives. And if it does eventually come out on PS3, then hey, it will be a nice surprise.

• 7 posts
    November 7, 2012 10:38 PM EST
    Easy to jump to conclusions when you're not using a ps3.
    When we spend our money on a multiplatform game we expect the multiplatform dlc's they said we would get. It's just annoying when we get the short end of the stick time and time again.
    • 158 posts
    November 7, 2012 11:24 PM EST

That's an unfair assumption. Even if it's not dawn guard, even if it's not dragon born. They will still get DLC for skyrim. Eventually, either bethesda or sony will fix the problem, however until then, yes, it does suck for the people who have PS3.

• 31 posts
    November 8, 2012 3:20 AM EST
    "To update: we’re also close on new Skyrim content for PS3 and PC."

This comes straight from thier Twitter page. I hope that means no excslusive 30 days sh*t.

• 708 posts
    November 8, 2012 3:57 AM EST

If I recall, the 30 days thing was supposed to only be for the first 2 DLCs. So unless Hearthfire didn't count as a DLC, Microsoft fed them more money or they're having issues with the PC and PS3 versions hopefully we get it on the same date!

• 856 posts
    November 8, 2012 5:51 AM EST

Bethesda should give huge discounts for PS3 users, if/when DLC is finally released for them.

• 952 posts
    November 8, 2012 6:43 AM EST

I disagree, everyone equal, I won't pay more for it than them just because of Sony's fault when designing the memory system for their console. If they get a huge discount, I want a huge discount. PC users had to wait for it as well.

• November 8, 2012 7:20 AM EST

That was because Microsoft bought exclusivity, not technical issues. If Pc got (more) extra content or discounts because of a legal agreement of exclusivity, then that would not be right.

• 952 posts
    November 8, 2012 7:30 AM EST

Aha, now the same can be said about PS3, Microsoft got exclusivity so PS3 gets DLC later than them. They never said when it will release, just that it will be released later. PS3 players knew this even before the game got released so there is no blaming Bethesda of Sony if you look at it technically.

• November 8, 2012 7:34 AM EST

They said close to a month (that would try, at least), and now the reason is technical issues.

• 952 posts
    November 8, 2012 7:37 AM EST

They said it would be close to a month but it really isn't for PC it's a month/3 and for PS3 it a month*3. Close enough.

• 773 posts
    November 8, 2012 9:08 AM EST

Frankly it would be a nice gesture if Bethesda gave PS3 users 'Hearthfire' as a freebie

And I speak as someone who already paid for it on PC. I wouldn't feel aggrieved in any way by a gesture like that, which would at least in part make up for the poor treatment of PS3 users

• 285 posts
    November 8, 2012 9:17 AM EST
    My one problem is Bethesda said they were giving stuff to PS3 and PC, PC doesn't need anything, they got their's on time, only PS3 has no DLC, so PC people please stop complaining.
    • 285 posts
    November 8, 2012 9:28 AM EST
    Check your PS3s!! Bethesda just posted enjoy the new stuff and thanks for the patience!
    • 82 posts
    November 8, 2012 9:29 AM EST

As another PS3 gamer, I totally hate the lack of DLC and the lack communication.  It is has been a hard wait.  This probably more then anything else has convinced me to start saving for a gaming PC.  That and mods.

That said...I love this game.  Despite the issues and the bugs, no other game has captured me like this for a long time.  I keep coming back.  Now I know bethesda doesn't deserve it but I will probably buy all the dlc when it is released for PS3.  Then in a year when I have my epic skynet gaming pc I will buy the game again and all the dlc.  I do not pretend that this is rational.  I totally advocate speaking with your wallet.  I know it makes no sense, but I like Elder Scrolls that much. 

• 739 posts
    November 8, 2012 9:36 AM EST

What you on about Spectre? I've been on today and saw nothing....

• 952 posts
    November 8, 2012 9:42 AM EST

I'm not complaining, I'm just doing to you people what you people do to Bethesda. Blaming them. Bethesda can't change how the PS3 memory system works (which is in a way that's it doesn't have enough memory to run Skyrim if a save file get's too big, adding DLC imedeatly increases the size of that save as soon as a first save with the DLC is made, this is in easy words because it's so much more complicated than that). On top of that Oblivion, Fallout 3 and New Vegas already had these problems and it was kinda extremely predictable that a game on a better but also heavier engine would only worsen this.

• 82 posts
    November 8, 2012 9:44 AM EST

me either what's up?

• 44 posts
    November 8, 2012 10:19 AM EST
    i heard that they are close to releasing a patch for ps3 users that will fix the dlc issues and that they're considering giving Dawnguard as a freebie
    • 285 posts
    November 8, 2012 10:28 AM EST
    Bethesda Game Studios posted that they hope you will enjoy the new stuff and thanks for your patience.

That or maybe I'm crazy, wouldn't be surprised.
    • 82 posts
    November 8, 2012 10:45 AM EST

Ok I saw that article I misread and thought spectre saw DLC on playstation store.  I'm very excited for DLC.  Giving us Dawnguard free would be heal a lot of wounds. 

• 377 posts
    November 8, 2012 12:35 PM EST

??? This is highly confusing as PC'ers have not complained about <place subject here> at any time.

• 377 posts
    November 8, 2012 12:37 PM EST

Dieter, they don't want to understand. They're too busy finding a  scapegoat instead of looking at the real problem.