Forums » Elder Scrolls

Volkihar or dawnguard?

• 7 posts
    November 4, 2012 2:34 AM EST
    Not sure if someone has done this before, but I thought I might post this anyway.
    Basically, who did you choose in the 1st skyrim dlc and why?

I understand alot of people might have gone through twice with each faction so what is your preference, grizzled vampire hunter or all powerful vampire lord?
    • 1913 posts
    November 4, 2012 2:39 AM EST
    Dawnguard. Mainly cause besides the few side missions and random encounters, I never fought a dawnguard member. They set up this whole war against the dawnguard and yet only on the dawnguard side do you actually have a war. Plus Serana has one of the most heartfelt conversations with you right before you go into the soul cairn
    • 708 posts
    November 4, 2012 2:55 AM EST

I think I preferred the Dawnguard stuff. Lots more cool toys to choose from, and their questline had a real sense of urgency. As good as the Volkihar one was I really think the Dawnguard should have had a bigger presence in the main questline, as opposed to just the sidequests.

• 952 posts
    November 4, 2012 6:04 AM EST

The Volhikar vampires, it just fitted my character I was currently playing more. I just like how the Vampire Lord form is very powerfull and how being a vampire affects how you play.

• 31 posts
    November 4, 2012 7:10 AM EST

Dawnguard, because Isran is awesome and they have some nice toys to play with.

• 34 posts
    November 4, 2012 9:08 AM EST

I made my character a full time werewolf, so unlimited transforms and unlimited time, and revert form all with mods. I didn't even spend any perks in weapons because I just kill them all as a werewolf. So since I like to do that I go with the dawnguard. plus the Troll Companion is the only companion I like to keep around.

• 7 posts
    November 4, 2012 12:51 PM EST
    Looks like a lot of people are leaning towards dawnguard. just wondering, do the dawnguard have a problem with werewolves?
    • 44 posts
    November 4, 2012 4:58 PM EST
    i chose the volkihar side first
    • 409 posts
    November 4, 2012 8:16 PM EST

I idnt see them have any problems with the wolves. I honestly prefered the vampire I loved the idea of being able to join the bad guys than be forced to fight them!

• 7 posts
    November 4, 2012 11:04 PM EST
    Looks like the vampires aren't fighting alone here :) I'm glad the vamps finally got overhaul they needed, Bethesda seems to have made some big improvements on them.
    • 490 posts
    November 4, 2012 11:10 PM EST

Volkihar side has given me a ton of fun, especially with my multiple vampire builds. However, the Dawnguard is much more fun. The armor/crossbows and badassery of hunting the vampire demons is too good to pass up.