Forums » Elder Scrolls

Animals as Dead Thralls?

• 7 posts
    October 29, 2012 3:33 PM EDT

Hi all, my GF and I are toying with the idea of having a Death Hound as a Dead Thrall for the Vampire Knight build we are currently playing. However, we don't know if it's possible and we got no saved characters left that have high enough conjuration to get the spell and test it.

Does anyone can confirm if it's possible or not? If it is, I already see myself creating builds with beast thralls... :D

• 490 posts
    October 29, 2012 3:37 PM EDT

You cannot. Only on people, as the spell says. :(

You can Dread Zombie though!

Also, I know this from trying to make an overlord type build, but once I found I could not have a permanent saber cat, I kind of got bored haha.

• 7 posts
    October 29, 2012 3:43 PM EDT

Thats just too bad. I was already seeing myself leading a wolf pack as a werewolf or walk around skyrim with my fateful bear lol

• 490 posts
    October 29, 2012 3:45 PM EDT

Haha I know! My goal for my other character was a sort of "beast master" (one on the site already I think) with permanent bears, which would be AMAZING.

• 7 posts
    November 1, 2012 11:29 AM EDT

I just don't understand why you can't do it on beast. It's not like it would be overpowered compared to "human" thralls you can have :S

• 708 posts
    November 1, 2012 5:54 PM EDT

It's not that they're overpowered but they wouldn't be able to fit through some spaces in dungeons, so they stick to humanoids to minimize stuff like that.

• 253 posts
    November 1, 2012 7:25 PM EDT

Good point. I can only imagine what would happen if it bugged/worked to allow thrall'd mammoths. Even being in Windhelm would be a nightmare  

• 7 posts
    November 1, 2012 7:46 PM EDT

Oh! I never thought of that! 

* Edit On the other hand, they could flag big creature has beeing too powerful to be reanimated. I dont think bears and sabercat are bigger than frost atromachs

• 253 posts
    November 1, 2012 8:11 PM EDT

Yeah frost atronachs are pretty big. Sabers and bears should be fine size wise. But, eh, thats just the way it works. And people would freak out if you were being followed by a giant rotten cat 

• 3 posts
    November 7, 2012 7:17 PM EST

If it hasnt been patched yet or you dont mind glitching your game abit you could do the fortify Restoration glitch.ive learned that since it increases the potentcy of your alchemy enchant and you really only need 30 alchemy with a few perks and decent alchemy gear you could make a fortify conjuration potion and reanimate most anything for at least ,ive found,24 hours. i did this and got a sabre cat companion for a while.

• 8 posts
    November 8, 2012 10:02 AM EST

Yep! If you're looking for a beast build, check out my Beast Master, he's based around reanimating beastly types.