Forums » Elder Scrolls

ESO preview....

• 577 posts
    October 22, 2012 5:24 PM EDT

I'm not sure what the pulse is on Elder Scrolls Online, but I just happen to come across this and found it pretty interesting. It's the first article I've read were someone actually has played the game in its early stages. Looks to have some good points....

ElderScrollsOnline

Here's another first look ESO

Not sure if this is new, but the official Elder Scrolls Online website

• 966 posts
    October 22, 2012 7:14 PM EDT

I really can't wait to get my hands on ESO..

• 133 posts
    October 22, 2012 7:58 PM EDT

Impressive! It seems like something a hardcore fan could play without getting bored or embarassed.

• 856 posts
    October 22, 2012 8:27 PM EDT

I found this quote under the header "Dragon Knight" intriguing (emphasis mine):

...and wield fearsome mason that pounds, shatters and physically alters the world around them.

Get 'em Mason.  But seriously, that is one detailed review - it is starting to look interesting, although they haven't a final word on guilds - I think this blog will make an awesome guild.  I didn't finish reading it all (bookmarked), because it got me in the mood to play Skyrim, cyas (for now).

• 377 posts
    October 22, 2012 9:50 PM EDT

Honestly, they should just make it a regular Elder Scroll game with co-op as an option, instead of another generic MMO with the TES brand on it that is likely going to flop.

• 856 posts
    October 22, 2012 9:59 PM EDT

aye, up to four players or something...

• 297 posts
    October 23, 2012 3:13 PM EDT

i have huge faith in this project all i have read and researched leads me too believe that this will be an epic game in it's own right

• 271 posts
    October 23, 2012 3:26 PM EDT
    ESO will only be to PC, right?
    • 297 posts
    October 23, 2012 3:34 PM EDT

pc and mac

• 966 posts
    October 23, 2012 3:45 PM EDT

I also see several new pics.

Megaservers seem to be limited to a continent. Wich might mean players from the US won't be able to play with European players. I suggest everyone on the blog who is going to play do so at the same megaserver. From my experience European servers seem to fit our blog better.

And it seems many of us would have to connect through social media aswell, facebook it is, I only ever use it for games and 9gag anyway. :P

They seem to take great care with lore, thats a big +.

Combat and working with other players, friends or not, seems to work very well.

Along with forming guild Facebook groups before launch and importing your entire member list instantly at launch.

So if we all add Paul on facebook we should all get an invite once he sets up the Skyrim blog guild in ESO. Handy.

I'm really, really excited. Damn, if only I had patience..

• 297 posts
    October 23, 2012 3:55 PM EDT

i agree that the European server will suit us better

and im also most excited right now loads of new content too sift through

• 271 posts
    October 23, 2012 4:00 PM EDT
    :'(
    • 57 posts
    October 23, 2012 4:20 PM EDT

Really promising I cant wait 

• 773 posts
    October 23, 2012 4:53 PM EDT

Interesting to see the comments on this topic

I'm going to post about Elder Scrolls Online in this coming weekends 'Roundtable'. And I think we'll have a poll on it as well. It's time we gauged how much interest there is in ESO....

• 952 posts
    October 23, 2012 4:55 PM EDT

Why would the European server fit us better? Sorry, I barely have any experience with MMORPG's so I don't really see it.

• 297 posts
    October 23, 2012 6:02 PM EDT

Well  number one i always thought the majority on this blog are from europe(or outside the us),

and number two we got to pick one right?!

• 708 posts
    October 23, 2012 6:05 PM EDT

I highly doubt they're going to have an Oceania server, so I'm up for whatever!

• 952 posts
    October 23, 2012 6:21 PM EDT

I don't know if the majority is from Europe, maybe Paul could decide this with a poll, I think he commented on here that he planned to do something like that. Anyway, I don't really care that much which server I'm on.

• 966 posts
    October 23, 2012 6:34 PM EDT

It isn't about the majority of the members being American or European. Its about the fact that European servers would be better for us to play in.

• 966 posts
    October 23, 2012 6:37 PM EDT

Out of my experience the European players are a bit more mature, friendly and there's less shouting 12 year olds who don't know what a team is. I played plenty of games *Not just mmo's* on both European servers and American servers and from what I've seen, a European server would suit this blog way better.

• 1 posts
    October 25, 2012 7:03 AM EDT

If a guild is possible I'd love to be apart of said guild. I tried WoW and STO and felt left out. I have trouble making "friends" online.

• 966 posts
    October 26, 2012 9:27 AM EDT

There may be a slight problem. I'm not sure we can have guild with members from differen alliances and work together. We might have to check up on this and see if it's true.

If it is we should all go to the same alliance, perhaps make a poll to see where the majority wants to go.

BTW. If you want more info on the alliances. Take a look here.

• 856 posts
    October 26, 2012 9:37 AM EDT

Paul, most likely, will be making a Poll and discussing this further - especially as the time grows closer.

There's a good chance that we can have more than one character.  I will have at least one for the blog guild, but I also will have other characters from different alliances; if possible they will be less involved with the alliance story line following more 'personal' matters.

• 966 posts
    • 277 posts
    October 28, 2012 10:40 AM EDT

I don't think this will have much success. I really think it will end up like Star Wars: TOR where kotor1 and 2 were both epic games. Another ES game with some co-op options would be much better instead of an mmo.

I know wow started the same with all those rts Warcraft games before, but that game was a revolution in it's time.