Forums » Elder Scrolls

Rage moments

• 1913 posts
    October 14, 2012 12:42 AM EDT
    Every once in awhile there is that one moment where the game cheats you and you get punished for it, what are some of your moments where you wanted to throw your controller because of BS.

One of mine was when i was trying to play a DID character awhile ago, I traveled to riften and some bandits attacked. I thought "ok this will be fine, i have guards behind me in case things go bad.". I kill 3 out of the 4 bandits without taking a single hit, and just as I got up to the last guy... He insta killed me... While I had full health. I wanted to throw my controller at the wall.
    • 708 posts
    October 14, 2012 12:45 AM EDT

The only two things I really hate are the killmoves enemies use on you - when the game works out whether to use a killmove or not it doesn't take into account your armor - and when my allies/summons are blocking up a hallway an enemy boss is spamming chain lightning down

• 291 posts
    October 14, 2012 12:53 AM EDT

When I was doing the Thieves Guild quests, I ran into so many bugs that I wanted very much to chuck my game out the window and delete those saves.  I obviously still have my game, but I couldn't bear playing that character anymore.  What with the f'ed up quest just laying around like that and the NPCs screwed to hell.

Then, before I fixed this with a mod, the auto-aiming feature with archery killed my companion more times than I could count.  Autoaim doesn't let you do the cool wood elf thing and shoot just over your companion's shoulder at your enemy.  Instead, it locks on to the nearest body part (companion's shoulder) and hits that instead.  Once you remove that tendency, it works much better and you can pull off awesome tricks like that.

• 1913 posts
    October 14, 2012 1:00 AM EDT
    What kind of bugs were you experiencing?
    • 1913 posts
    October 14, 2012 1:10 AM EDT
    For me it was during the helgan escape. I was trying to shoot the bear with an arrow and it was charging at me, all I needed was 1 more shot... I release the arrow... It goes through the bear as if it wasn't even there and I couldn't move because of the killcam... And I die shortly after.
    • 291 posts
    October 14, 2012 1:16 AM EDT

Hmm.  First one was Karliah wouldn't show up in the sanctum when you get shot by her arrow, so the cutscene never played.  Then she wouldn't go into the Nightingale Hall without a lot of console help.  Then she almost got stuck with Brynjolf when we were going after Mercer Frey.  Then she wouldn't go to the Twilight Sepulcher and open the door for me.  It was at that point that I gave up on even finishing the Thieves Guild.

• 708 posts
    October 14, 2012 1:21 AM EDT

Could I grab a link to that mod? While I don't often use companions, auto-aim really pisses me off - like when I'm leading an enemy and it decides to 'correct' my aim and shoot straight at them. The only ones I could find added loads of other crap I didn't want.

• 1913 posts
    October 14, 2012 1:24 AM EDT
    Karliah seems to be the center of these problems. Maybe there is a way to fix that... *cough* black sacrament *cough*
    • 291 posts
    October 14, 2012 1:26 AM EDT

Sure.  It's worked well thus far.  I've actually had to really work on my aim to get back to doing headshots again.

No Auto Aim

• 291 posts
    October 14, 2012 1:27 AM EDT

Definitely.  Somewhere, someone toggled all the conditions for her AI packages wrong, I think.  Or something like that.  Either way, she done got borked good for me. ;)

• 1913 posts
    October 14, 2012 1:34 AM EDT
    I just remembered another glitch that made me rage (skyrim is VEEEEEERY glitchy for me). I was preparing to play as Mason's Volikhar and I'm playing the intro right when my character puts her head on the chopping block I see Alduin... But all he does is fly around Helgan and roar. The executioner is just sitting there waiting for the scene to play out. I waited about 7-10 minutes until i said sqrew this and turned my game off
    • 291 posts
    October 14, 2012 1:38 AM EDT

Lol, for a moment, I thought you were going to say he chopped your head off.  That would have been hilarious if the developers actually made that failsafe just in case Alduin doesn't show up.

"Oops, no one to save you now, boy! *thump*"

• 708 posts
    October 14, 2012 1:38 AM EDT

I've had Alduin just not arrive at all, though I think that was from some conflicts in my list of easily 25+ active mods

• 1913 posts
    October 14, 2012 1:42 AM EDT
    If that happened I wouldn't have raged, I would have been laughing hysterically.
    • 708 posts
    October 14, 2012 1:45 AM EDT

To be honest I'd be more worried about the shapeshifting freak than Alduin

• 1913 posts
    October 14, 2012 1:53 AM EDT
    Shapeshifting?
    • 708 posts
    October 14, 2012 2:00 AM EDT

Hadvar: "Who are you?"

Player: "Don't mind me, I'm just gonna go through these races and completely change the way I look"

• October 14, 2012 2:02 AM EDT

Plastic surgery spell, maybe?

• 708 posts
    October 14, 2012 2:05 AM EDT

You're gonna need a shitload of plastic to turn a male Altmer into a female Argonian

• 1913 posts
    October 14, 2012 2:08 AM EDT
    Oh... There is a comic where the character changes from nord to some kind of elf to Breton to argonian and then it goes up to hadvar, who is absolutely terrified and says "are you seeing this?" As the character is changing
    • 952 posts
    October 14, 2012 5:18 AM EDT

She doesn't go to the twilight sepulcher, because that's part of the quest, the door should be open when you go there at the right moment.

• 30 posts
    October 14, 2012 11:51 AM EDT

Oh, I've had quite a few of these. The only one that comes to mind at the moment was when I was running through the Thieves Guild on my Dunmer nightblade. It was the quest to hunt down Mercer Frey in that Dwemer ruin near the end of the questline. There was so much freaking lag after a certain point that it became almost unplayable, and it led to quite a few deaths to Falmer. I quit playing that character for a while because of it. I eventually managed to power through it a week later.

• 21 posts
    October 17, 2012 6:57 PM EDT
    Oh, man, just recently I started a Breton that I wanted to make a werewolf ASAP, so I play the intro, play the the first 2 dungeons (embershard mine and bleak falls barrow) and encounter the companions outside Whiterun. Then, when I go to Jorrvaskr and start "take up arms", Aelas marker says she's at the giant camp closest to Whiterun. I go there, and of course it leads me towards Whiterun again after I confirm she's in neither place, I google it, and find out that this is a common glitch and unfixable on xbox. So I start from my save right after the tutorial, losing maybe 2 1/2 hours of gameplay.
    • 1913 posts
    October 17, 2012 7:16 PM EDT
    That's gotta suck
    • 38 posts
    October 17, 2012 7:45 PM EDT

My very first character was almost lost 30 hrs in.  I could only walk maybe five minutes before my game froze.  So when it finally seemed to work after trying over and over, of course I saved...game froze again.  So at that point I had two saves that were corrupt.  At this point I am freaking out, considering just giving up on this game for a little.  I decide to try to load one more autosave prior to the corrupt save and THANK GOD it worked!