Forums » Elder Scrolls

Your favorite race builds

• October 7, 2012 12:42 AM EDT

We all have our favorite races, but chances are you've played as almost all( unless your a fanboy like Emer :P JK). So my question to all of you is this: what is your favorite build for that corresponding race? I'll start:

Argonian- I haven't played as an Argonian all too much, but my favorite build for the lizard folk is either Emer/No Snake's Shadowscale build, a very unique take on the ordinarily overpowered assassin; or Mason's Salamander, because tanking wasn't badass enough.

Breton- This one is simple, Mason's Sorceror! It has almost the perfect balance between tanking and spell casting, it's probably my favorite build to date, I recommend this to everyone.

Dark Elf- This one was also rather simple, Mason's Morag Tong. Another take on normally bland sneak character, this is a simple build to put together and a great RP experience.

High Elf- A tough one for me as the Altmer are my No. 1 choice for mage type builds. Mason's new Nemesis takes my favorite Altmer build; seamless, versatile combat meets badass fashion sense? Yes, please!

Imperial- There aren't a lot of Imperial builds, mainly because there pretty boring when compared to most races. But my pick for this race is the highly unusual Dungeon Runner by zulfur, bowling away enemies and saving loot for the final reward.

Khajiit- Like Argonians, I haven't played as one of these too much. But my favorite could be considered not a Khajiit build The Ka Po' Tun by Henson takes an old archetype( Barbarian) and combines it with a fresh idea and new badass gameplay mechanics, simply a badass build.

Nord- Surprisingly not a lot of Nord builds considering how many people have played as them. My pick for this is Cryptstalker's Berzerker, taking inspiration from real life barbarians, this offers a great outlook and great gameplay considering your objective is to smash everything to pieces.

Redguard- My favorite race :) This is a tie between Henson's Khulari, an amazing Vampiric spellsword that combines the natural combat prowess of a Redguard with the mystical, paralysing powers of a vampire Khulari; or the fabled Alik'r by whatshisname(), bringing these talented warriors of Hammerfell to the land of Skyrim, and a shit ton of Scimitars with them.

Orc- It's hard to roleplay an Orc without resorting to the whole servant of Malacath thing. But Henson's Old Orc does that beautifully, it brings out the badass-ness of being a beatened and battered warrior with nothing to lose. Badass.

Wood Elf- The Bosmer are always seen as weak, naive, and generally inferior. Well that's because no one has ever lived to tell the tale of the Vampiric Keerilth( Movarth lied/cheated). Now I may be a bit bias here, but hey it was an awesome playthrough, this build stretches the line between mystical Vampire and savage, cannibalistic barbarian resulting in a surprisingly refreshing playthrough.

So what builds of each race have you really enjoyed? I simply can't wait for Emer's comment

• 133 posts
    October 7, 2012 1:07 AM EDT

Argonian: CBR's Demon or Emer's Whet Fang

Breton: Definitely Mason's Sorcerer!

Dark Elf : Henson's Fearmonger

High Elf: Ponty's Arcane Bladesman

Khajiit: NoSnakes aLive's Manticore

Nord: I could never really find much Nord builds, but my Draugr Revenant seems to be my favorite so far.

Redgaurd: Mason's Alik'r warrior 

Orc: Mason's Revenant

Wood Elf - I have not seen many Bosmer builds, so far it's the Cloromancer by Juan Ramos

• 1913 posts
    October 7, 2012 3:00 AM EDT
    Mine are pretty much the same as yours Matthew, the only difference is I use the demon hunter build for my nord
    • 3 posts
    October 7, 2012 10:19 AM EDT

There's no Imperial in this list!!!

• October 7, 2012 10:24 AM EDT

Haha, oops, I'll correct that.

• October 7, 2012 10:36 AM EDT

Interesting idea, but it could be hard to classify certain builds, like a Dungeon Runner.

• October 7, 2012 11:01 AM EDT

I see your point, I think that could work, especially if we stick to the broader classes; warrior, assassin, mage, battlemage etc.

• 7 posts
    October 10, 2012 3:40 PM EDT

I think The Apprentice is a underrated build.  I get bored with all the Atronach/Lord stone cliches running around here.  We need more builds that utilize Apprentice.  It actually gives you a good reason for using wards.

• 21 posts
    October 17, 2012 11:31 PM EDT
    Imperials make surprisingly good rogues! My main character is an imperial rogue, and I'm gonna start an imperial assassin soon.
  • October 17, 2012 11:36 PM EDT

The dashing, charismatic rogue, I like it :)

• 21 posts
    October 18, 2012 12:08 AM EDT
    Yeah, even tho now they have no in game bonus to speech, the imperials I know and love are still the most charming and silvertonged race on Tamriel. :)
    • 2 posts
    October 18, 2012 12:24 AM EDT
    Have a link for that Berzerker build? Always looking for good Nord playthroughs.