Forums » Elder Scrolls

Hearthfire DLC released for PC

• 773 posts
    October 4, 2012 2:48 PM EDT

Just announced on Bethblog

http://www.bethblog.com/2012/10/04/hearthfire-available-on-steam/

Not sure how many will be bothered about this! I'll probably pick it up at some point....

• 856 posts
    October 4, 2012 3:25 PM EDT

I'll be grabbing it today.  Thanks for the heads-up.

• October 4, 2012 3:52 PM EDT

Yeah, I just saw it on Steam.

Will any of the DLC ever come to PS3? Lol.

I'm waiting to see when they release one of the DLC for PS3, if ever. Sorry PS3 users, lol. Sounds like you guys have had the worst Skyrim Experience other than maybe some select PC cases, as PCs are so different from each other. Funnily enough I've had a pretty perfect Skyrim experience. No game breaking bugs, or really annoying stuff. Just some visual errors occasionally.

• October 4, 2012 4:18 PM EDT
    I will, I will! I truely enjoy the crafting things in Skyrim, and now I'll have the whole dlc just that.

And I have my first character quite ready to retire... build a house, grow some cattle, organise flowers... :D Thanks for infermation!
    • 2 posts
    October 4, 2012 5:01 PM EDT

PS3 players get nothing as usual...

• 291 posts
    October 4, 2012 6:39 PM EDT

Omg yay!

And with that, I now also own Dawnguard. :D

• 708 posts
    October 4, 2012 11:10 PM EDT

I can't say I've been looking forward to this. Probably pick it up in the summer sale or along with the next DLC.

If I recall correctly Beth did say that Xbox was getting the first two DLCs early, hopefully it should be a simultaneous release for the next one.

• 1913 posts
    October 4, 2012 11:28 PM EDT
    Yes it's not like they have great ps3 only games like GOW 3, or heavy rain, or the uncharted series... Oh wait... They do. What do Xbox have? Kinect games (boo), gears of war (semi decent series), halo (which didn't need a sequel)
    • 11 posts
    October 5, 2012 7:52 AM EDT

Even if there are a number of mods that effectively cover the same thing on PC, I cant help but recommend this DLC. I actually had a bucketload of fun playing it on xbox.

• 15 posts
    October 5, 2012 6:36 PM EDT
    Mr. Popo you're making me sad, the back of my skyrim case does indeed say that I ought to be expecting downloadable content. I just want to be able to enjoy the same products, because afterall this isn't a platform specific title.
    • 15 posts
    October 5, 2012 6:39 PM EDT
    Also bethesda may be the target of false advertisement claims because of the dlc tag on the box. Unless they try to claim that horse combat and kill cams are "dlc".
    • 1913 posts
    October 5, 2012 6:51 PM EDT
    I'm just saying, I am tired of people complaining that ps3 users aren't getting what they deserve for skyrim, ps3 has better graphics, better games, better preorder bonuses for some games, and when they want dlc that really isn't even required and they don't get it it just infuriates me. I'm sorry if I offended you or any ps3 users
    • 15 posts
    October 6, 2012 4:26 PM EDT
    None taken, I bought a superior system :P I love my baby, and I love what I get... mostly. This is an issue of a multiplatform game. To me at least, I don't see any bias against Ps3 I just see bad business, when a product is advertised to be given optional content on all packagings for all systems everyone is therefore entitled. But, this is my opinion. And it wouldn't hurt if bethesda could figure out skyrims awful framerate on the ps3 while they're at this whole dawnguard thing while they're at it :D
    • 1913 posts
    October 6, 2012 5:07 PM EDT
    Well hope they come out with dawnguard soon for ps3
    • 15 posts
    October 6, 2012 5:43 PM EDT
    Oh I do Mr. Popo, I do lol.
  • October 6, 2012 5:50 PM EDT

"Better graphics" Not by much, if at all. "Better games." Subjective, I prefer Halo to GOW( easily), Uncharted( slightly), and Heavy Rain( hated this game). "Better preorder bonuses" I don't preorder games either way. So 360 is better for me.