Forums » Elder Scrolls

Role playing ideas

• 1913 posts
    September 29, 2012 1:14 AM EDT

I just had a great idea to add to the site, what if there was a group that specialized in role playing aspects?

RuneRed:  Closing this discussion because the group has been formed, nothing else to discuss about it.

Follow this link to the Role Playing Group

• 773 posts
    September 29, 2012 3:46 AM EDT

As I always say when someone suggests a potential Group.... if there is enough interest, then it can be tried.

So, IF people want a RP Group then post up your support, comments, suggestions on this thread 

• 271 posts
    September 29, 2012 3:57 AM EDT
    I would love that! I would totally check it out and give some ideas! Hopefully some more people think the same thing! :-P
    • 377 posts
    September 29, 2012 7:26 AM EDT

^This. Please be more detailed in what you had in mind.

• 1913 posts
    September 29, 2012 10:43 AM EDT
    I mean that people could come up with ideas to add more realism to the game, or come up with things to make playing skyrim more enjoyable by doing something different. Let's say somebody puts down an idea for a Viking that loves any and all alcohol, and constantly gets into fist fights, etc. Sorry if that is still unclear
    • 11 posts
    September 29, 2012 11:16 AM EDT

I think it´s a good idea, but I think it would be better if you posted it as a discussion ("Role-playing ideas for characters here!") then to make it a whole group.

• 1913 posts
    September 29, 2012 11:56 AM EDT
    Thanks, I've mostly been on the site for the character building group so I don't fully understand the rules.
    • 140 posts
    September 29, 2012 12:16 PM EDT

I would be interested in this, Mr. Popo, and I think a group could be viable if the participation is high enough.  A single discussion on the topic of role playing might get so cluttered with ideas that it could be difficult to sort through all the responses.  Role playing is oftentimes a process that evolves within a certain character and the events of the game.

• 856 posts
    September 29, 2012 12:32 PM EDT

Interesting idea.  I would definately join and participate in this group - assuming there was enough interest by the membership to form one.

• September 29, 2012 12:47 PM EDT

I'm also interested in this idea. Who would be the hosts?

• 773 posts
    September 29, 2012 1:10 PM EDT

We'd need volunteers for Hosts.

They'd need to be

• regulars on the site
    • a track record for making positive contributions
    • willing to stick at it and not just clear off after a few weeks
    • have ideas to develop the group and add content

Any offers?

• 291 posts
    September 29, 2012 3:07 PM EDT

Sounds great.  Would be a group that kind of merges some of the aspects from Character Building, Lore, and Challenges, I suppose.  

Like the whole "Green Pact Alchemy" discussion would probably be better suited for the RP Group as it deals more with the gameplay aspects of the Green Pact.  So, here the RP Group acts more with taking Lore and putting it into playing the game rather than discussing the lore itself.

It could also act as a bit of a "watered down" version of Character Building.  Character Building seems to deal more directly with the technical aspects of making a character.  Though it dips into roleplaying, it doesn't dip as deeply as it could into characterization.  Thus the RP Group would be more suitable for discussing aspects of characters that deal more with their psychological motivations as well as how to best implement those motivations.  In fact, it could be paired with Character Building in a way that fleshes out someone's personal version of a build that works better with how they play.

• 12 posts
    September 29, 2012 4:43 PM EDT

Could I?

• 271 posts
    September 29, 2012 4:53 PM EDT
    I think that Henson and/or Matthew feeney would make good hosts! Just because they seems too "know the deal" if you know what i mean. Im not pushing anyone, just giving some credit! ;-) I mean...enyone could be hosts, but i would take those two!
  • September 29, 2012 5:06 PM EDT

I have plenty of freetime I suppose and I'd definitely be willing. But I'm certainly not the most hardcore roleplayer :\

• 490 posts
    September 29, 2012 5:08 PM EDT
    Count me in!!
    • 140 posts
    September 29, 2012 5:17 PM EDT

Perhaps Mr. Popo has several ideas on how to host the group, though I have no objection to the aforementioned proposed hosts.  I just want to put a plug in for the originator of the idea, in case he was too modest to do so himself.