Forums » General Gaming

Let’s Talk: Guild wars 2

• 342 posts
    September 9, 2012 9:33 AM EDT

The Skyrim Blog is now a guild  :D if you would like to join please find the guild in the guild menu alternatively add Kere Morningstar as friend and I'll work it out from there

please read the Guild link at the bottom of the review on how to join.

I'm currently stationed on Blackgate and for the time being realm transfers are free and easy to do. I look forward to meeting some of you :)

Cheers
    Charlie.

• 856 posts
    September 9, 2012 10:46 AM EDT

Nice pic. 

ahem.  I like the review, Charlie, very detailed.  I have not played Guild Wars, but you've tempted me - looks interesting.

• September 11, 2012 12:14 AM EDT

Sick. I'm gonna wait awhile to get this since A) I'm still into Skyrim( not good at multi-playing anymore :/) and B) I don't have much playtime. Hopefully you guys will still be playing when I get it( around beggining of Summer) :(

• September 11, 2012 8:29 PM EDT

How do you think someone who's never played an mmo would take to this game? Like would it be easy to learn the mechanics with no MMO experience?

• 342 posts
    September 11, 2012 8:36 PM EDT

very well actually, you can do pretty much everything on your own so you can still play it like a solo game but there are always people there if you need them. the general community is very friendly and for the most part will point out what you need if you ask for it.

and in combat you can again go solo or you can join the others in the fight without the need to form a group and if you happen to fall there are always people there to get you back on your feet.

Basically the game encourages cooperation without forcing it down your throat and letting you do your own thing.

• 342 posts
    September 11, 2012 8:38 PM EDT

Invites to the Guild are still open, all its members are friendly I should know since I'm still the only one :P

• September 11, 2012 9:10 PM EDT

Awww, sorry I can't join you, if you're still playing over Christmas break I can try to join, though the rest of the year is school :(

• 342 posts
    September 11, 2012 9:13 PM EDT

heh, there's no rush its quite a novelty atm to have the place to myself, though earning the influence to buy a guild emblem etc is going to take me awhile.

I most certainly will be playing Gw2 for a long time to come, its free to play so I don't have to worry about when to pay the bills and I can pick it up again later.

though a week from now I doubt I'll be playing very much for 2 weeks as the WoW expansion has finally come out and I'll be concentrating more on that then anything.

• 297 posts
    September 13, 2012 4:50 AM EDT

I have just hit level 47 with my necro and im finally starting too se some nice gear in terms of skins i dont know about youguys but i just cant leave a map in pve without getting all the completions very addicting lol

• 342 posts
    September 13, 2012 5:16 AM EDT

haha nice! my elementalist is only lvl 41 i've been cruising around between story lines doing the starting zones of the other races. as well as playing some of the other classes, and yes I'm a bit of a completionist too, though it feeds my other addiction of fashion I love those transmutation stone thingys you get as part of the treasure chest

Kere romping through the wilds of Norn county in her new hood and Order of Whispers tunic, still haven't found a better skirt yet :P

• 162 posts
    September 13, 2012 5:49 AM EDT

Our new computer has arrived and is installed (Wave goodbye to the antique Dell).

I've obtained my own account so I don't have to use my sons anymore. I've made a "carbon copy" of my original char (at least tried to come close to it) and have worked her back up to L10 now.

Sonya Rogatino

Although I prefer to let her go around with a greatsword (more cocky), you can do some nice combo's with sword & board making you really agile.  Like Dodge followed by a Savage Leap or a Shield Bash or Kick (my favo) followed by a Savage Leap or a Shield Bash. They really don't what is happening to them

The bow she's using as a back-up weapon against pesky flyer, (like harpies) which tend to hoover out of reach for melee or against enemies with a hard punch. Placing AoE's can be a nuisance in a moving heavy fight though.

• 297 posts
    September 13, 2012 5:55 AM EDT

J

Eez you guys like red much?! Lol il have an updated picture of my necro up a little later,

• 162 posts
    September 13, 2012 6:10 AM EDT

My char (see below) is on Piken Square = EU because I'm living in Europe. I've seen that Blackgate = US. It ain't possible to join a guild cross realm I guess?

• 342 posts
    September 13, 2012 6:12 AM EDT

it is, guilds are account based not realm/sever based just add my elementalist to friends and next time i'm on probably in an hour i'll see what i can do

• 162 posts
    September 13, 2012 6:16 AM EDT

That's a coincidence, Charlie did post the moment I was making mine.

• 342 posts
    September 13, 2012 6:17 AM EDT

heh @Asverze redheads rock!

• 342 posts
    September 13, 2012 6:20 AM EDT

@Titan :P I made mine a redhead cause she was going to specialize in fire plus it looked awesome with the colour theme of the original class gear, she would have been platinum or sky blue if i had chosen ice/water :)

• 162 posts
    September 13, 2012 6:22 AM EDT

I'll do that tonight (at work now). Mind I live under CET time.

• 342 posts
    September 13, 2012 6:25 AM EDT

no rush i most likely won't be sleeping this weekend so I'll be on a lot

• 162 posts
    September 13, 2012 6:36 AM EDT

Just to clear things out, I was mentioning my and your post here, not my and your chars.

The reason mine is gifted with red hear is more that obvious I guess. The most famous woman warrior is a red head too , unlike my woman warrior (and main) in WoW who has platinum blond hair. She's based on a less well known one out of a dutch comic book from the 70's

• 342 posts
    September 13, 2012 6:39 AM EDT

yeah i know, that comment was aimed at Titan forgot to add that bit, I'll fix it up.

• 297 posts
    September 13, 2012 6:45 AM EDT

so heres fyfell my necro now lvl 47 (and climbing) ....ahhh gotta love lion's arch

• 297 posts
    September 13, 2012 6:50 AM EDT

if you like warrior females than irish folklore will blow your mind meet graine mhaole : http://www.historyireland.com/volumes/volume13/issue2/features/?id=113811
    she is an Irish Legend even though she actually existed ...i love being Irish we are such a small country but our history is nuts :'D

• 162 posts
    September 13, 2012 8:09 AM EDT

Gráinne Mhaole / Gráinne ni Mhaille / Grace O'Malley

...After her second marriage, she still spent a great deal of time at sea, and even gave birth to a son, “Toby of the Ships,” in a ship’s cabin a year after their marriage. The next day, the ship was attacked by Turkish pirates, and she got out of bed, grabbed her sword, and led the battle personally, loudly cursing her crew as she fought for not being able to manage without her for even one day...

• 342 posts
    September 13, 2012 8:11 AM EDT

yeah I'm still part way reading it, its really fascinating thanks for the link Titan.