Forums » General Gaming

So...Guild Wars 2 sell me!

• 297 posts
    September 2, 2012 11:34 AM EDT

So basically this mmo has been ever present in my thoughts for the last few months,

I am stuck in a conflict where i cant decide if it's worth my time or not so this discussion is for people who are currently playing i ask you...

1, Is it worth it?..

2, should i get it?..

3, Do you love it?(and why)..

4, Do you hate it?(and why)..

give me all your views please as i would like too get off the fence  i have been stuck on these past few months,I hope this discussion might help my own and others dilemmas,

• 557 posts
    September 2, 2012 12:03 PM EDT
    I played the first Guild Wars (with every expansion). It was good......for about five days. Then it got old. It seemed that every other quest was "kill the monsterz" instead on anything really meaningful. Occasionally you get something big, but not that often.
    • 297 posts
    September 2, 2012 12:21 PM EDT

well i haven't played the first one but haven't they overhauled all the mechanics for this one?

for some reason i cant just make the final decision too buy this game i have watched hours of gameplay and it seems too tick all the boxes but i find myself very wary of it for some reason,

• 557 posts
    September 2, 2012 12:37 PM EDT
    I'm not sure. I haven't plate the second one. The first one was just decent. I don't think I would risk it.
    • 297 posts
    September 2, 2012 12:54 PM EDT

cool thx for the reply emer,

i look forward too relies from gw2 players so i can probe them for details

• 342 posts
    September 2, 2012 5:58 PM EDT

in a nutshell? i love it! its fun and easy to use but at the same time requires some thought to play. I'm currently in the middle of writing up a review for it and it should be up later today or tomorrow (time permitting)

• 297 posts
    September 2, 2012 6:40 PM EDT

i look forward too that and hey who knows we may even meet up ingame sometime if i ever bite the bullet on this one,

• 144 posts
    September 3, 2012 12:22 AM EDT

In many ways guild wars 1 was the first video game that I got serious with. I played it for years and I still remember it fondly. The only reason that I am not playing it right now is my lack of a computer able to run it and the money to pay for one. 

Get this game, if not for yourself, then for me.

• 162 posts
    September 4, 2012 5:53 AM EDT

Agree with Charlie, it's a good game with some nice differences compared to other MMO's like WoW. Yesterday I found a fun little addition when browsing throught the Hero menu, Town Clothes! By clicking one button you can change your daily armour to a more stylisch outfit. To be honest I find the outfit my char gets by default a bit fussy, but a bit playing with the colours did help (It was also possible to tweak the colours the armour itself so I could redo my original scheme a bit). Hopefully other outfits will become available soon.

According to plan, next week our new computer will arrive. Than I can have an account of my own iso having to do it with an alt on my sons account/computer.

• 297 posts
    September 4, 2012 6:36 AM EDT

that sounds cool hmmm im getting close too a decision i think but im hoping charlie does her review before-hand i shall wait and see

• 342 posts
    September 4, 2012 6:39 AM EDT

lol yeah sorry Titan, i'm typing it up now eee! there is a lot of stuff even though i'll be nutshelling most of it with links to the more expansive stuff I'm about half way though

• 297 posts
    September 4, 2012 6:53 AM EDT

oh great cant wait for your summary/review im thinking i may be getting the game but this gcould clinch it for me

• 297 posts
    September 4, 2012 6:58 AM EDT

oh snap!!! just checked arena net and they are saying they are sold out i rang gamestop and they have no copies left (this shit just got real!) lol it reminds me of the old days where you had too trounce all over the city too get a copy i remember gta san andreas i had too go too a different county,

-Puts on thinking cap-

• 342 posts
    September 4, 2012 7:01 AM EDT

you tried the online store? i'd like to know how they can run out of digital copies of something....

heh yeah I remember those days, its why I always pre-order my games now

• 297 posts
    September 4, 2012 7:07 AM EDT

yeah i tried the digital version just read a statement from them apparently arena net werent expecting such a succesfull release they said in order too keep worlds from becoming unstable that they have ceased selling any new copies so basically it will be a search too find a store and at the moment i havent found any with copies left,

i tend not too pre-order games as i have been burned by terrible games in the past though now i may have missed the boat , but im not giving up just yet

• 342 posts
    September 4, 2012 7:12 AM EDT

hmm try EB they tend to have lots of copies of stuff, they also have an online store.

I only pre order games I've either researched or sequels of games, games i'm not sure about i tend to buy pre-owned copies but steer clear of games that already have pre-owned copies after only being out for a week or less

as for arenanet yeah I can understand that they only have about 25 severs atm and more then 75% of them are constantly at full

• 773 posts
    September 4, 2012 7:54 AM EDT

Looking forward to your review Charlie

I've got a bunch of real-life friends (yes, they do actually exist ) who play Guild Wars and have long been encouraging me to join them. I figured the release of GW2 would possibly be that time...

• 342 posts
    September 4, 2012 7:58 AM EDT

Thanks it should be up sometime in the next couple of hours D: urgh typing! as it stands atm it will probably be longer then my Dragon's Dogma review.

hey Paul there is a bonus, I "think" there is only one Dragon in this game :P don't quote me on that though I am far from finished playing it.....I keep making new characters they are just so much fun.

• 297 posts
    September 5, 2012 7:25 AM EDT

-UPDATE-

I only went and bought the damn thing,

This is fyffel he is my asura necromancer now lvl 14 and i play on the Eu Gandara server,

I am really enjoying this game so far and the community is like no mmo community i ever played with before people are helpfull (probably due too the lvl'ing system) and very friendly,i havent joined any guilds yet still getting the hang of the game but so-far so good worth my coin,

-goes off too play some more

• 144 posts
    September 5, 2012 11:18 PM EDT

*grumble grumble*  so unfair.... *grumble*

haha, but seriously, Gandara server? haha like in Elona?

• 297 posts
    September 6, 2012 5:32 AM EDT

not a clue what elona is mate lol