Forums » Elder Scrolls

Next DLC is 'Hearthfire' and its here next week...but only for X

• 773 posts
    August 28, 2012 10:27 AM EDT

Hearthfire Announcement

So.... XBox users get the 2nd DLC before PS3 users have even had a sniff at Dawnguard? That doesn't exactly seem fair to me...

• 22 posts
    August 28, 2012 10:36 AM EDT

As one of those ps3 players, that seems anything but fair to me :(

Patiance me! Patience!

• 577 posts
    August 28, 2012 10:48 AM EDT

Ehh....Can't say that this does anything for me. It will be interesting to see how much creativity you'll be allowed in creating your own house.

edit-I had to watch it again. Actually this may be pretty cool. Looks like it may take some work to build your own place, which interests me.

• 557 posts
    August 28, 2012 10:49 AM EDT
    Ah, how good it feels to have an Xbox.
    • 377 posts
    August 28, 2012 10:49 AM EDT

.....................but......that's it???!

"Alduin- Why does everyone assume this is the WHOLE DLC, it maybe just a single feature." That's because it is the whole DLC. The Bob the Builder DLC.

http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/forum/topics/hearthfire-details-leaked

• 856 posts
    August 28, 2012 10:54 AM EDT

Glad to see an announcement.   But I must say, I'm a bit disappointed if 'building a house' is the entire content of the 'add-on' - hopefully they'll be some quest lines as well.  The two DLC's just don't seem equal.

Dawnguard:  Vampire lords and hunters.

Hearthfire:  Nails and hinges.

• 966 posts
    August 28, 2012 11:06 AM EDT

I agree with Ty, this is actually quite cool. At the very least damn useful. Knowing Bethesda, theres probaly more to it than meets the eye, maybe this even makes having a wife usefull. This is mainly something for console player who don't have acces to mods.

EDIT- Btw, carpenter workshop, do we finally get to make our own arrows or is it purely for house building?

And it seems we can make several houses, he seemed to have plans for a ''small'' house, and we only saw a single one, probaly the small one, and it didn't look that small to me, there has to be atleast a mid-sized and large ones, maybe even a huge one.

• 377 posts
    August 28, 2012 11:24 AM EDT

You can already make your own arrows with Dawnguard installed. Firewood+ingots=arrows, unless it's Deadric arrows which takes a Deadra's heart as well.

• 739 posts
    August 28, 2012 11:26 AM EDT

This looks terrible so far...

First one to do a Carpenter build gets ejected from the group...

• 577 posts
    August 28, 2012 11:28 AM EDT

I believe that you'll have to "maintain" the houses and family. Perhaps watch/harvest the crops, etc. Be more of a "provider" for the family. Days/Weeks of drifting aimlessly around Skyrim will now come to a halt! lol Have to go home and check in on the family. Yeah, I could get into this...

• 3 posts
    August 28, 2012 11:28 AM EDT

Well this sucks, maybe Dawnguard for PS3 might come out on the same day but that's unlikely since they did not announce it. 

• 577 posts
    August 28, 2012 11:30 AM EDT

Awesome! lol

• 773 posts
    August 28, 2012 11:30 AM EDT

But they aren't meant to be equal

• Dawnguard = 1600 Microsoft Points
    • Hearthfire = 400 Microsoft points

Todd Howard did say that there would be a variety of sizes and types of DLC and this is evidence.

Hopefully they'll be working on a big quest-type mod now for the next release 

• 773 posts
    August 28, 2012 11:31 AM EDT

Somebody needs to make a build for this guy 

• 31 posts
    August 28, 2012 11:33 AM EDT

This is what Pete Hines said on Twitter:

"BTW, Hearthfire is 400pts/$5. It's a smaller thing focused on building a custom home, adoption...some cool stuff you can do."

Now this sounds awesome!

• 966 posts
    August 28, 2012 11:33 AM EDT

Ah, thats cool, i still don't have DG, it has been busy the last months :P

• 966 posts
    August 28, 2012 11:35 AM EDT

Yeah, i don't understand why people are being so negative, it can actually be be awesome if done right, and it looks like thats the case. People need to open their eyes to this instead of keeping it closed and day dreaming of whatever DLC they want.

• 577 posts
    August 28, 2012 11:37 AM EDT

Personally, I think ALL the DLC for Skyrim is finished. It's just in a holding stage for working out the bugs, etc. Wouldn't be surprised if 3/4 of the staff is working on Fallout4. Skyrim's old news to alot of them

• 3 posts
    August 28, 2012 11:59 AM EDT

I think that people are angry because this seems to cater to one audience. Xbox players. Pc players already have a mod that is exactly like this bar the adoption "Build Your Own Home", and looking at Bethesda's track record this add-on will not come out on the PS3 for a while. Also I thought that Todd Howard stated that all Skyrim DLC would be larger than fallout 3 DLC.

• 377 posts
    August 28, 2012 12:10 PM EDT

What system you play on?

• 577 posts
    August 28, 2012 12:18 PM EDT

Technically this probably pretty large due to all the probabilities that will be available. I know what you mean though....

• 952 posts
    August 28, 2012 12:30 PM EDT

I don't have Dawnguard yet either, I don't have time for it now anyway. But crafting arrows was one of the earliest mods out there, so there's no need for a DLC for that.

• 28 posts
    August 28, 2012 1:10 PM EDT

Anybody else remember when Todd Howard said about DLC "Our plan now is to take more time, to have more meat on them [for Skyrim]. They'll feel closer to an expansion pack." Well if this is just all it appears to be then I wouldn't really say it's much of an expansion pack. Actually I only think this add-on is supposed to cater to those of us on 360 who really like to role play; I know there are plenty of you who do a lot in that department. But to people like me, who's roleplaying experience consists of "this character won't use magic cos he's not a mage teheheh" it doesn't really feel needed. There's no way I'm going to stop questing and slaying to go collecting materials to build a house and then spend my time making sure I raise my family etc.

No, not impressed by this at all.

• 271 posts
    August 28, 2012 1:32 PM EDT
    Is this real? Awesome! next legendary build: The Family guy! ;-)
    • 966 posts
    August 28, 2012 1:35 PM EDT

I have Skyrim on both PC and Xbox, i just lack time