Forums » Elder Scrolls

Next DLC is 'Hearthfire' and its here next week...but only for X

• 966 posts
    August 28, 2012 1:36 PM EDT

Haven't had much time to mod Skyrim either, that will change soon enough though.

• August 28, 2012 1:51 PM EDT

Of course, this is not going to be an expansion pack. It is going to be one of those plug-ins like Oblivion, which conveniently were never released on PS3. I am not at all a optimistic fellow, and I shall use the magical powers of pessimism to conclude that Bethesda have given up on Dawnguard for PS3 and will never release any DLC for Skyrim on the PS3. That is the logical and realistic future. The future of ignoring the customer base. This DLC is so, as Rob Robinson pointed out, unimpressive, that it makes me want to blow up the entire house after someone makes it, and leave only the bloody door intact and use the door to open up a portal to Clavicus Vile's realm of Oblivion.

• 67 posts
    August 28, 2012 2:12 PM EDT

I thoought based on the wording of the leaked stuff the other day that this would be the entireity of the DLC and so im not surprised at this. While i do like the sound of this once again looks like I'm gonna be waiting (ps3) but i do like the sound of this, something we have missed out on that PC players have. The video actually looked very similar to some screenshots used by Clement in the Dockworker series, of one of the mods he had installed, so I believe that is where the inspiration came from. As a sidenote I now believe that Bethesda may intend to release hearthfire free with dawnguard for the PS3 users? which may bewhy a small DLC has been announced, this would be a good sweetner for disgruntled PS3 players???

• 285 posts
    August 28, 2012 3:20 PM EDT
    I'm happy as an Xbox player, but after all the expectation and speculation, I feel it was a letdown.
    • 297 posts
    August 28, 2012 3:50 PM EDT

i tend too agree with you i reckon dawngaurd as the 'dlc' maybe one more thats not quite as big in the future but maybe it will be bethesdas version of mods that are already on the pc version for console players which i can understand ....but i dont have too be happy about it lol,

• 297 posts
    August 28, 2012 3:56 PM EDT

I dont like what bethesda are doing here,i have the game for ps3 but i play solely on pc now but i didnt always have that option

they are screwing the ps3 players so much, it really is out of order the way they are treating people it's not the Bethesda i love,they appear too be stringing ps3 players along on twitter with one word answers of "we dont have information" which is causing huge back-lash i hope someone lights a fire under their asses and soon because otherwise they are going the right way too become unpopular in the industry,

they have been gaming media darlings for so long (deservedly so) i would hate for them too start faltering now,

• August 28, 2012 4:12 PM EDT

Character Build: The Carpenter(Level 81 Build) 

• 189 posts
    August 28, 2012 4:31 PM EDT

I'm actually pretty happy about this.  $5 is not a big deal, and custom houses is something I've wanted in TES games for a long time.  I'm really curious about the gardening mechanics; if they make it so you just toss an ingredient into some soil and cultivate it, then I'm definitely going to grow myself a nice stock of jarrin root... *evil laugh*

I wonder just how much freedom we'll have in the design process.  Can I make a tower that extends upwards for 150 feet?  Can I add a moat and drawbridge to my house?  Secret rooms?  Libraries, torture chambers, etc?

I'm not interested in the family mechanics; I've never picked up a spouse in any of my playthroughs, and I definitely don't plan on adopting a kid (unless it's for a specific roleplaying purpose), so those don't really affect me.  My only real disappointment is that there won't be spears with this update.

• 708 posts
    August 28, 2012 4:36 PM EDT

Seems like a bit of a waste of money to me. Might pick it up in a Steam sale or as part of a larger package.

If/when I do get it, totally building a house at Cradle Rock Tower!

If I recall Xbox was only getting the first 2 DLC early, so hopefully a more meaty one will be out at the same time in the future.

• 966 posts
    August 28, 2012 4:40 PM EDT

It's not Bethesda's fault, mate.
    It's the PS3 itself that is causing so much problems, many developers don't even bother with the PS3 because its just way harder to work with.

• 856 posts
    August 28, 2012 4:40 PM EDT

Oh, I didn't know the price difference - that'll influence my decision greatly... I feel a bit better about the content now - thanks for the heads-up.

• 140 posts
    August 28, 2012 4:56 PM EDT

As a role-player, this is pretty intriguing for me, and would be nice to be able to find the perfect spot in the beautiful province of Skyrim to build a house.  

The quote, "You will need to carefully raise your children," in kind of interesting for me.  Could this be the start of the Dovahkiin's juvenile delinquent?  Perhaps there are some small quests involved in this aspect, so who knows?

It is disappointing for sure for PS3 users, but let's be real--Skyrim is a huge amazing game!  I am ok with this...