Forums » Elder Scrolls

Favorite Daedric Quest?

• 18 posts
    December 6, 2011 12:59 AM EST

So I've decided to re-open this discussion now that Skyrim has been released for a larger amount of time. Originally I posted this question but wasn't really thinking about how few people had actually completed enough of them to have a favorite, but now that the game has been out for quite some time now this discussion should be more lively.

So what is your favorite Daedric quest? I still haven't quite decided myself, but I really enjoyed Sheogorath's. What about you? What is your favorite?

• 708 posts
    December 6, 2011 1:10 AM EST

Sanguine's. I did all of them on my first character and although it was short, I found it the most fun (not to mention funny). Just the way everyone reacts to you when you go and see them again. The wedding bit cracked me up when I got there...speaking of which it was really wierd, since I was married to Ysolda at the time and she gave me a ring to marry someone else...

Most of the others were either too vanilla or too easy, Sheogorath's was a good concept but could've been a bit more of a puzzle rather than a mindless 'Wabbajack all the things!'

• 10 posts
    December 6, 2011 1:23 AM EST

I'd second Sanguine's.*SPOILERS* It was funny enough waking up in a different city, retracing your steps was hilarious. An especially amusing moment when you think you've sold someone's wife to a giant. And it did genuinely surprise me when Sam transformed at the end.

Most of the Daedric quests are well done, out of the ones I've attempted. My biggest complaint is that unlike Oblivion where you had to actively seek out the Daedric quests, it's really easy to stumble into them in Skyrim which is inconvenient if you're trying to play a heroic character.

• 6 posts
    December 7, 2011 3:19 PM EST
    Overall, definitely the Sanguine quest. But I found Barbos (sp?) In the clavicus vile quest hilarious, especially the first conversation. *SPOILER * Even my heartless orc couldn't bring himself to killing that hilarious dog.
    • 37 posts
    December 9, 2011 10:46 AM EST

I've yet to do them all but have enjoyed the few i have done so far. Out of the few i have done, my favorite would have to be Sanguine's, just for how random and unexpected it turned out to be.

• 132 posts
    December 9, 2011 11:01 AM EST

Sanguine's annoyed the hell out of me, I did it with my Rogue and the giant killed me at least three times. Funny I suppose, but that kind of ruined it for me.

I kind of failed at Sheogorath's the first time, I kept trying to actually win the atronach fight :P I sat there for half an hour, trying to get my atronach to be super effective. I actually almost killed the other atronach once when the enemy Fire got stuck against the wall and my Frost started pounding the hell out of it, but, stupid me, I got bored of waiting so I changed it again. Finally I got so frustrated that I... -Avoids Spoiler with Catlike reflexes- did what you're supposed to do. I highly enjoyed that one, especially Sheogorath's comments.

Mehrunes Dagon's quest fit him pretty well, and the Razor reconstituting itself on the altar was awesome. That guy's voice was annoying, too, I would have killed him just for that. The surprise at the end was...surprising, to say the least.

Azura's was actually quite awesome, I had a crazy mage battle with the inhabitants of the star. I would say that Azura's and Sheogorath's are my two favourites.

• 37 posts
    December 9, 2011 11:11 AM EST

#Minor Spoiler Alert#  I too enjoyed Azura's quest but playing as a Dunmer i really wish the quest had been a bit more meaningful to my character than if i had been playing as a different race. I was expecting some unique dialogue at least due to the Dark Elf history with Azura but alas i got none. Slightly disappointed with that.

• 66 posts
    December 9, 2011 10:37 PM EST

I like the one for Molag Bol (Molag Bal?) you get an awesome mace and it has a cool story although to initiate it you have to be a scumbag :)

• December 12, 2011 1:29 AM EST

Not exactly.  You sort of get suckered into it.  If you don't attack the other guy, Molag Bal will eventually persuade him to attack you, forcing you to kill him in self defense.  After that, it's really your own damn fault for following voices in your head to subterranean altars that lock you in a spiky cage.  And Logrolf kind of had it coming.

Haven't played all the Daedric quests so far, but I'd say so far my favorite has to be Meridia's if only for the relative lack of moral ambiguity in it, as well as the fact that Dawnbreaker simply looks awesome.