Forums » Elder Scrolls

I LOVE this game so don't think I am whining, but...I wish they

• 668 posts
    December 4, 2011 10:23 PM EST

It would have been fun to unleash a swarm of rats onto some poor unsuspecting Draugr and watch them get torn to shreds or maybe bees on a giant... :(

• 13 posts
    December 5, 2011 12:08 PM EST

I don't really miss anything that they took out. I love the new spells! The new types of Destruction magic are so cool and adding Necromancy was such a good idea! I think they made the right choice with spells.

• 668 posts
    December 13, 2011 12:28 AM EST

What they DID include is good, but what they omitted is missed. I could do without getting ice spiked in the face by random necromancers tho.

• 739 posts
    December 13, 2011 6:40 AM EST

I'm probably going to get flamed but i still miss levitation

Seriously though i think 'Cure Disease' should be available as a spell once your at adept/expert level Restoration. Wards are a nice idea and look great but when experimenting with them last night i was pretty disapointed, their cost vs effectiveness needs rebalencing.

You should be able to lift and throw npc's with telekinesis, force unleashed style.

Destruction runes are a little underpowered at higher levels, they should maybe include expert level rune spells for sale, or make rune master a tiered perk with more damage per point. Destruction damage from all spells should be tied to your overall destruction skill. Would have also liked a spell to be able to temporarily charge my melee weapon with fire/frost/shock similar to elemental fury.

Conjuration should maybe have a 'druidic' side to its perk tree, for druid/ranger types to call bears/wolves/spriggans/sabrecats into combat. Overall conjuration spells look pretty evil so my 'good' characters have to do without.

• 708 posts
    December 13, 2011 7:07 AM EST

Levitation would be hilarious, able to dogfight with those pesky dragons without waiting for them to land or Dragonrending!

Wards are great, even the Novice level ward can completely block an ancient dragon's breath attack.

• 37 posts
    December 13, 2011 7:28 AM EST

I feel they should definitely have included levitation this time around since so many people missed it in oblivion. They could make it work even with the main cities being in different cells they could just make it so you can only levitate out in the wild and not in cities. 

• 668 posts
    December 17, 2011 7:55 PM EST

Yeah, Force Push would have been amazing, I agree. Conjuration def needs work, you're right. Everytime my companion conjures something, it attacks me. :P

• 668 posts
    December 17, 2011 7:58 PM EST

Levitation would for sure give a fun advantage to dragon fighting, but maybe make it too easy to scale those heights!

• 6 posts
    December 19, 2011 7:02 PM EST
    I like the spells, but I do wish that the lightning spell (forget the name) that hurts multiple targets should exclude your companion as that gets rather annoying.