Forums » Elder Scrolls

Bad, BAD news. I saved over my level 40 nord.

• 10 posts
    December 3, 2011 9:46 PM EST
    All is lost. :( :( Any similar stories? Shoudlnt they make this nearly impossible to do. I mean people get tired and blurry eyed after a 12hr session.
    • 1 posts
    December 3, 2011 10:39 PM EST

Sorry :(  But hey, at least now you can create an even more awesome character now that you know what you're doing

• 10 posts
    December 3, 2011 10:41 PM EST
    Thanks. My gf said the same thing.
  • December 4, 2011 6:05 AM EST

Aye, i wanted to name my saved games due console, but when i wrote "save [Name]" it saved, but on my other char i did like this "save [Name] 2" i forgot it must be written like this "save [Name]2" or it overwrites the other savegame.

• 8 posts
    December 4, 2011 6:24 AM EST
    Not to be cruel but he was just a NORD.... :P

I got to side with you it is fairly easy to over
    Write your save. If they showed a picture of your character rather than what you last saw that would help. That is why I always go into third person and look at my characters face when I save so I can see who it is.
    • 6 posts
    December 4, 2011 9:36 AM EST

Dude I am so sorry, that really stinks.  For the future, FWIW, in Fallout 3 and Oblivion, I'd always keep about 5 saves that were somewhat recent. So if you only have 1 save and constantly update it, you run the risk of saving over it w/ another character. But if you have 4 or 5 saves for each character, and accidentally save over your newest save, you can still revert back to one that was only an hour or so ago. I save super frequently, so I'd update the same save most of the time, then every few hours create a new save, and maybe delete the oldest one.  

• 10 posts
    December 4, 2011 1:24 PM EST
    Thanks. I was worried it might turn me off to playing so much. Not to worry though I have some other interesting characters to play now and can't wait to get them leveling
    • 1 posts
    December 4, 2011 2:19 PM EST

know how you feel did the same thing on my lvl 46 orc:(

• 708 posts
    December 4, 2011 4:43 PM EST

I did this on my level 18 in Oblivion, now I make sure that I make a proper save every time I switch characters. They should've done what Bioware's been doing and made it so there's a seperate set of saves for each character so you don't quicksave over your characters

• 77 posts
    December 5, 2011 11:12 AM EST

With Skyrim I would be glad if I ever accidentaly deleted my character. After lvl 15 things start to go downhill. The higher tier armors and weapons look like shit -.-

Still, if it's a character you really enjoy playing, you always back it up :P

And I remember how I ballsed up in New Vegas. My character was lvl 23 and I felt like I would never stop playing that game. I was really immersed. Then I accidentaly saved over it with my lvl 2 hardcore mode character :/ Wasn't my best moment.

• 13 posts
    December 5, 2011 12:04 PM EST

Ohhhh I feel your pain! I did this twice...

I did it to my lvl 30 Imperial, which was very far in the main quest, head of the Companions and done with the civil war, and then to my lvl 20 Bosmer, which was a Nightingale, head of the DB and also done with the civil war. =/

• Jay
    • 12 posts
    December 5, 2011 12:19 PM EST

How did you do that?  My game keeps 3 separate auto-saves at all times, plus I mash the F5 button before every major fight.

• Jay
    • 12 posts
    December 5, 2011 12:21 PM EST

My ebony mail looks fantastic.

• 77 posts
    December 5, 2011 1:12 PM EST

I quicksave like, every 30 secounds or so. Really nifty.

• 2 posts
    December 5, 2011 4:05 PM EST

thats why idont have more than 1 save on every user. im on ps3 by the way.

• 3 posts
    December 5, 2011 4:27 PM EST

This is why I have 4 save files per character.

• 6 posts
    December 7, 2011 3:30 PM EST
    Sorry about that man. I did the same thing with my Argonian mage/assassin and thought it would ruin the game for me. I made a 2h orc warrior and its like I bought an entirely new game. Different quests, different skills, different strategy. Im back up to the lvl 40 range and have almost forgot about the argonian.
    • 6 posts
    December 8, 2011 8:47 PM EST

Couldn't you use an auto save? I feel for you I maybe starting over myself i have a level 30 redguard who is bad ass but I hit a glitch and if they don't patch it soon i might have to start over.