Forums » General Gaming

Will there ever be a fallout 4?

• 238 posts
    August 5, 2012 9:30 AM EDT

i have never heard any official quotes or info on this topic from bethesda. 
    i think its safe to say that with new engines and more modern better graphics and ai aswell as lookin at the difference between oblivion and skyrim...that fallout 4 if it ever happens could be mind blowing.

i hope its due to come out at some point. please tell me they are developing it or something.

• 856 posts
    August 5, 2012 10:35 AM EDT

Yes, most likely.  Here are some quotes I found by T. Howard.

"I think it's good for people to miss things," said Todd Howard, executive producer of the game. "Ten years between 'Fallout' is a bit long, but I think there's this nostalgia factor."

Fans of the post-Apocalyptic game, set in Washington, D.C., won't have to wait another decade for "Fallout 4." Howard said he believes three years is a good time frame between games. Todd Howard also has mentioned that they didn't acquire Fallout for one game.  (FO:NV was developed by Obsidian Entertainment).  Sounds like we'll see FO:4 to me.  I suspect an announcement this year.

• 577 posts
    August 5, 2012 12:04 PM EDT

RuneRed, do you know if there's anymore game conventions this year? I don't know the 'season' for them or timeline. Those are usually when they will make announcements. I'm kinda hoping for a release next year, Q4. I think it would work fantastic on the Skyrim engine.

• 856 posts
    August 5, 2012 12:14 PM EDT

I don't know of any in the US - but I'm not 'in the know' about that sort of thing.

There's a big one in Germany in mid-August (stumbled onto the info by accident), but I doubt we'll see an announcement there.

I also found this list, but it includes various types of games (not just video games).

• 577 posts
    August 5, 2012 12:17 PM EDT

That's cool. I'm not 'in the know' either. Just the big ones like E3 and....what other ones are there? LOL  oh yeah, DICE...

• 952 posts
    August 5, 2012 12:22 PM EDT

The one in Germany is Gamescon, I passed by that huge building when going on vacation.

• 238 posts
    August 5, 2012 8:14 PM EDT

3 years is a good time frame?......its been 4 lol!

• 856 posts
    August 5, 2012 8:35 PM EDT

aye, this October will mark four ... I'm wondering if FO:NV (which was released in Oct, 2010) might have delayed any FO:4 release a bit.

• 577 posts
    August 21, 2012 1:50 PM EDT

Interesting rumor....

• 377 posts
    August 21, 2012 3:55 PM EDT

I was hoping for San Fran, but I guess I'll settle for Boston.

• 144 posts
    August 21, 2012 4:23 PM EDT

I don't think we'll be seeing Fallout 4 by next year. we may get a 2 minute trailer next year but that's all I expect. With three more DLC coming out for Skyrim, Bethesda is going to want to see that through.

• 377 posts
    August 21, 2012 7:56 PM EDT

Is there any statement from Bethesda saying that they're actually going to release three more DLCs for Skyrim?

• 558 posts
    June 12, 2016 12:22 PM EDT
    Good guess, but it seems unlikely.
    • 59 posts
    June 12, 2016 5:22 PM EDT

yah, probably never.