Forums » Elder Scrolls

What Weapons do You Use?

• 557 posts
    July 13, 2012 10:57 AM EDT

Hey everyone, Emer here. Today I'm here to ask you all "what type of weapons do you use?"

Are you a sword person? Or do you prefer taking people down from a distance with your bow? 

Comment below with your favorite weapon (If it's enchanted, say it's name and effects).

• 557 posts
    July 13, 2012 12:23 PM EDT

For close-quarters I use my Argonian's specialty weapons, two custom made/enchanted twin dragonbone daggers that I call "The Thorns of The Hist." One enchanted with Fire Damage and Absorb Health, the other with Frost Damage and Absorb Health.

For distance kills I use my Ancient Vampiric Crossbow (it's actually an enchanted enhanced dwarven crossbow). It's enchanted with Absorb Healthand Soul Trap.

What do you guys use?

• 271 posts
    July 13, 2012 1:44 PM EDT
    On my latest Argonian assassin, i used two daedric daggers that i called "shadowscale daggers" you might know why...;-)
    • 557 posts
    July 13, 2012 2:04 PM EDT
    Haha, obvious really. Any enchantments on them?
    • 271 posts
    July 13, 2012 3:04 PM EDT
    I think i used fiery soul trap and....i don't remember :-P
    • 285 posts
    July 13, 2012 3:06 PM EDT
    Enhanced Dwarven Crossbow, Zephyr, and Windshear.
    • 557 posts
    July 13, 2012 3:07 PM EDT
    Always a good choice. I made a dagger once that had Frenzy and Fear on it. Every time I'd use it the game would crash.
    • 557 posts
    July 13, 2012 3:07 PM EDT
    And I have a few interesting customs weapons in my Whet-Fang build
    • 162 posts
    July 14, 2012 3:22 AM EDT

This baby is my chars main weapon, fully upgraded and enchanted with Shock Damage which deal shock- and magica damage. Handy against pesky casters who seems to flood Dawnguard Skyrim.

She also use its same specced little brother together with Spellbreaker when the dealed spell damage to her turns out to be too high. For distance attacks a Glassbow with Ebony arrows or a Crossbow with Dwemer bolts is used, also both with Shock Damage. The Enchanted Dwemer Crossbow is still on her wishlist though.

• 98 posts
    July 16, 2012 11:05 AM EDT

For ranged combat I use my Soul Hunter's Bow. It has soultrap and absorb stamina. For close quarters i have my Death's Destruction, a silver greatsword with fire and repel undead enchantment. opther times u use my duel weild glass sword and deadric war axe called Purity(frost and fear) and Corruption(fire and frenzy).

• Con
    • 41 posts
    July 18, 2012 2:30 AM EDT
    My favorite char is a sneaking conjurist. I through 2 potent Dermora Lords forwards to engage the enemies and get ready to paralyse the enemies while the fight. The generally can't see me and lose the fight against my summons.
    • 8 posts
    July 18, 2012 11:33 PM EDT

I honestly just go straight at them, no nonsense sword and shield, no strategy just block, swipe, and repeat.

• 668 posts
    July 19, 2012 12:37 AM EDT

Hmm, I thought I answered this already, but guess not.

Ebony bow of burning for flying dragons or sneaking up on Falmer or mace of Molog Bol for melee. 

• 162 posts
    July 19, 2012 3:26 AM EDT

She has got her Enchanted Dwemer Crossbow now. Enchanted with Shock Damage and loaded with Exploding Shock Bolts it wonders against those pesky casters.

• 426 posts
    July 19, 2012 7:47 AM EDT

It really depends on which character Im playing but most recently I have been using Dawnburst Crossbow. A dwemner crossbow with fire enchantment. Also for up close battles Im rocking one of the new Dragon bone one handed swords and magic in the other hand. All the bases covered lol

• 16 posts
    July 19, 2012 8:02 AM EDT

Enhanced Dwarven cross bow (legendary) with fire and lightning does some pretty mean damage especially while sneaking and you get critical hits to triple the damage.

• 557 posts
    July 19, 2012 9:03 AM EDT

Another good combination is that crossbow enchanted with Fire and Frost damage, then use exploding bolts of shock. Does every kind of damage if you poison it.

• 557 posts
    July 19, 2012 9:04 AM EDT

Frost spells are more effective for grounding dragons

• 10 posts
    July 19, 2012 2:31 PM EDT

Khajiit - No Weapon

• 409 posts
    July 19, 2012 2:36 PM EDT
    Mace of Molag Bal aka. the vampire's mace
    • 409 posts
    July 19, 2012 2:36 PM EDT

woops sorry for double post

• 66 posts
    July 20, 2012 2:14 AM EDT

My Dunmer vampire uses his enemies as weapons - frenzy spells and paralysis to decide who wins.

For lone enemies Mehrune's Razor is my throat slitter of choice.

My other caracter at the moment (used The Stalker from character building) uses her Dwarven bow (with frenzy or paralysis arrows) or a flurry of dwarven daggar and sword

I know these are low level items; such is your lot when you play dead = dead, I have yet to complete the main questline or the civil war... or many other quests past level 25.

• 271 posts
    July 21, 2012 3:45 AM EDT
    Ok, on my latest character i had a ebony dagger, that i named: "I am", and then made it Flawless.

Get it?...." I am(Flawless)", and later: "I am(Legendary)", and so on....;-)
    • 557 posts
    July 21, 2012 8:19 AM EDT

So right when you make the dagger it says "I Am" (nothing)? 

• 271 posts
    July 21, 2012 9:21 AM EDT
    Yes! :-) right now it's: I am(Flawless)