Forums » General Gaming

Old School Classics!

• 11 posts
    July 2, 2012 5:12 AM EDT

Post your favorite old school game down in the replies!, or played an old game but cant remember the name, post it down their too!

My favorite Old School Classics Would probably have to be...

Final Fantasy Tactics

Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy IX

(I'm a huge FF fan as you can tell )

Zelda, A link in time

Zelda, Ocarina of Time

Crash Bandicoot

& Tons of others But I want to hear from you!

~Zack, Loyal Member of the site

• 297 posts
    July 2, 2012 9:29 AM EDT

super smash bros 64,

sonic the hedgehog,

tekken,

streetfighter 2

mario bros/kart 64 and many more i cant think of right now

zack on a different note your sign off is making me lol

-Zack, Loyal Member of the site-

your only a member here for like 6 hours dont get me wrong im glad you have managed too be loyal for 6 hours but cmon take your time dude.

• 82 posts
    July 2, 2012 9:46 AM EDT

NES - Mega Man 2, Mario 3

Nintendo 64 - Goldeneye, Mario Cart

PC - Tie Fighter, X-Wing, Shogun Total War 1, Warcraft 2, Starcraft, Dark Forces II, Red Alert

• 111 posts
    July 2, 2012 10:58 AM EDT

Frontier Elite, Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, Doom II, Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Half Life, X Wing v Tie Fighter

• 11 posts
    July 2, 2012 11:47 AM EDT
    @Titan-of-Tamriel Yes!, i cant believe i forgot about Super Smash Bros,
    And i thought that since i already knew that i already love this site that ill be a liloyal member but yes i do have proving to do i guess.

~Zack
    • 11 posts
    July 2, 2012 11:49 AM EDT
    @Paiea oh yes i love mario kart cant believe i forgot about those

~Zack
    • 739 posts
    July 2, 2012 12:06 PM EDT

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver!! That entire series is amazing!

Managed to embed the theme music into my Volkihar build.

There is rumour of a complete 'reset' of the series coming with modern graphics!

• 16 posts
    July 2, 2012 12:09 PM EDT

Oh man, definately MGS 1 and 2, Final Fantasy X, Doom I and II, Quake, Mu online lol, and some others in old pc and ps 2, there are many, many that I played on my DOS pc when I was a kid, but I can't remember most of them, although I do remember Pandemonium, Tomb Raider, King's Quest, Age of Empires II, and a game I can't remember the name, it was a strategy one, something like Dragon quest or whatever, I remember the beautiful art on that game, along with a dragon on the menu in-game lol, anyone know that? edit: oh and also, Half-life 1, Duke nukem 3d(the platform one), Heroes of might and magic III  i think, Commandos I and Splinter cell (1)

• 11 posts
    July 2, 2012 12:12 PM EDT
    @Mason
    Hmm i havent ever heard of it, ill definately have to check it out some time.

~Zack
    • 739 posts
    July 2, 2012 12:13 PM EDT

I said yesterday that MGS 2 was possibly the most eagerly awaited game ever Guilherme! I remember watching the pre release trailer with my jaw on the ground. Listen to this with your eyes closed!!

• 11 posts
    July 2, 2012 12:15 PM EDT
    @Guilherme

Havent heard of really any of these ones and im not sure about the last one ill look into finding more about it and maybe finding what game that is

~Zack
    • 285 posts
    July 2, 2012 12:21 PM EDT
    I haven't been around long enough for most of these but before I discovered the Elder Scrolls, I loved the Baldur's Gate series.
    • 739 posts
    July 2, 2012 12:28 PM EDT

Played Icewind Dale to death! Loved that series..

Then i lost another chunk of life on Neverwinter Nights!

Recently had the pleasure of playing FF7 & FF8 again on my mobile phone at work! lol

• 11 posts
    July 2, 2012 12:30 PM EDT
    @Spectre
    Yeah i wasnt around when most of these came out since im 13 but when i was a kid i always played these game since they werent thst old at the time in fact i still have an old nes ( super nintendo ) and my nintendo 64 somewhere.

~Zack
  • July 2, 2012 1:01 PM EDT

Lol, well its time for a change, instead of the usual people feeling old around really young people, its always the opposite when it comes to older video games.

The kind of games I used to play that are kind of nostalgic are these:

Obi-Wan (Xbox, I actually re-bought this game after I got an Xbox from a friend that didn't use it, it was damn hard surprisingly and I don't get how I beat the game as a kid)

Halo: Combat Evolved (Xbox)

Blinx: The Time Sweeper (AKA Cat thing that vacuums up wierd trash and blobs if I remember correctly, also with some sort of element of time in there, Xbox)

Halo 2 (After I beat the campaign once, I hated this game, Xbox)

Stronghold: Crusader (PC, I still have this game, it's really good, which is surprising since it was just a random pick from a best buy)

Oblivion (Xbox 360, )

The many different Online games of Miniclip.com (The Internet..., Well, this isn't a nostalgic one at all really lol, just having a hard time remembering some others.)

Spiderman (Xbox, I liked this game alot when I was younger. Frankly I got bored of it rather fast when I got it again last year, or maybe it was 2 years ago almost.)

Munch's Oddysee (Xbox, I played this game alot and I really liked it. I got it again and played it, the sound doesn't really work and I got stuck on one of the first real levels...)

Well, those are all the main ones pretty much. Can't think of the others that I'm sure there are.

I do remember a sort of robot game I used to play that I can't remember the name and was always trying to find, we usually just rented it. (Nevermind, I just went through the list of Original Xbox games and found the game within 60 seconds  Battle Engine Aquila is what it's called)

That's it for now until I remember some more.

• 11 posts
    July 2, 2012 1:11 PM EDT
    @Julian Edwards
    Nice ill look ito tho ones i havent played soon
    • 966 posts
    July 2, 2012 1:13 PM EDT

Oblivion

Age of Empires

NFS Underground

Fifa street 1 *never liked the others*

Morrowind

Alien vs predator *old version*

C&C Generals, red alert and Renegade

Sins of a Solar Empire

Medieval TW

Rome TW *still play this ALOT though*

Jaws *don't know why, but i played this an ungodly amount on the original xbox*

And theres one game i cant remember, i tried finding it again, because it was awesome, but i only managed to remember a few things  such as:

I think you play as either Rome, Greece or Egypt. The nice thing about it was that the game is normally played by commanding troops from above. But on some levels you got to play as one person, i remember fighting the Romans as Cleopatra, with a bow and arrows, had to stop a siege or something, and with another had to sink 100 ships, as well as i think it was with Alexander, where i got captured and had to fight in an arena.

I know its vague, but if someone reconizes it, gimme a shout :P

• 16 posts
    July 2, 2012 1:14 PM EDT

I think MGS 2 was the first game I ever played on a console, I didn't know about it either though, either way I love it until nowadays, I have bought the HD edition of 2, 3 and PW for xbox, enjoying it alot .

• 63 posts
    July 2, 2012 1:14 PM EDT

The original final fantasy (NES) - I was experiencing EPIC battles the first time I played it and was literally running around my house telling everyone I just performed 999 Hit points of damage to any family member who would listen.

The original Ninja Gaiden (NES) - now that was a HARD game. You kids with the Hard settings don't know what hard is (shakes cane at the lawn)

1943 (Arcade) - really loved that game

Space Harrier (Sega Genesis/Arcade) - a "3D" flying shooter in over the shoulder perspective. love love love

Legend of Zelda (NES) - enough said

Super Mario World (SNES)

Tie-Fighter (DOS) - the DOS version was the best because you could use the mouse to fine tune your flight path on top of the keyboard directionals. I had GOD reflexes in that game. Sheds tears. The later incarnations just messed up the controls for me.

• 11 posts
    July 2, 2012 1:20 PM EDT
    @Eviltrain 1

Yes the legend of Zelda link in time and ocarina of time are well just...EPICOSITY

~Zack
    • 11 posts
    July 2, 2012 1:22 PM EDT
    @Alduin i doubt this is it but is it by chance "Age of Empires" fits the description pretty well?
    • 966 posts
    July 2, 2012 1:24 PM EDT

Nope, its completly different O_o

• 11 posts
    July 2, 2012 1:29 PM EDT
    Oh well the time span and different countries are all thr same and the controlling troops part is all the same and at times you can only controll one person
    • 952 posts
    July 2, 2012 1:37 PM EDT

Megaman: Battle On the Network, my first GBA game and the best one I've ever played.

• 11 posts
    July 2, 2012 1:59 PM EDT

Yeah I play FF on my phone too