Forums » The Lounge

Batman movies I need your help... Quick

• 82 posts
    June 24, 2012 11:31 AM EDT
    Ok here is the situation. I love Nolan's batman movies. Through almost 3 years of marriage I have been trying to get my wife to watch one with me. She has always refused...until today.

We also have a system for when we try to get the other to watch a movie they may not be excited about. It's called the 10 minute rule. Basically the person commits to watch 10 minutes of the movie but can walk away after that. If the person chooses to walk away I can never bring it up again.

So here is the dilemma. I want to get her hooked. Should I try with batman begins or the dark knight. I agree with general consensus that the dark knight is superior, however batman begins sets up the character really well. Which one should I go with?
    • 952 posts
    June 24, 2012 11:45 AM EDT
    I feel the same way about the movies, the dark knight is the better one, although it's not that much better than begins. And Batman begins starts the whole story so that one is more important and would be the most logical desicion if you want to watch more of these movies with her.

In the end it's you who has to decide, you are the only one who knows your wife so I guess you should pick the one that would appeal the most to her.
    • 668 posts
    June 24, 2012 4:40 PM EDT

Good advice from the future King of Belguim. I'd choose the one with Adam West and Caesar Romero. I love those. So silly!