Forums » Elder Scrolls

Retire Your Char? or one does all?

• 1 posts
    November 28, 2011 7:57 PM EST

Just wondering, I like to make my char's to fit one class, than have a do it al type. What about you/

My Argonian                 Shadowscale Assassin(DB, Main Quest0

My Nord Knight,         Companion, Stormcloak,Main Quest)

My Imperial                 Thief/Scout, Main Quest, Legion)

Now,   My Kitty, Curious Kitty, Explorer class, Loves to see whats over the next hill, whats in the chest,oooohhhhh

New person to talk to, Dragon to pet, yea.......................... ohhhh he does not want tp be peted. Basical do everything else.

Just curious, if you retire you char's or What.

• 297 posts
    November 28, 2011 8:38 PM EST
    Im always very careful NOT too type-cast my characters and they all tend to do a bit of everything thats just me though
    • 132 posts
    November 28, 2011 8:45 PM EST

What do you mean by "retire"? Say, stop playing on a character? Since I have no idea what you meant by that, I'll answer the question I thought you were leading up to.

Yes, I like to class my characters as well. I really like making pure characters, ie. pure mage, pure warrior or pure thief. I actually feel strange when my warrior starts enchanting. I usually have an idea what my character is going to be in the beginning, and don't deviate from that. So I rarely get very high leveled :P

• 8 posts
    November 28, 2011 8:45 PM EST

I wanted to save some stuff, but in order to get everything I wanted, I had to go through with quest-lines I originally planned on saving. For example, I did the college of winter-hold quest-line to get the dragon preist mask. The other guilds just held me together for something to do. I pretty much 100% the game already (as far as towns quests/side-quests and all the guild quests). Did em' all. Only thing left to do is find all the daedric artifacts and dragon priest masks.

• 856 posts
    November 28, 2011 9:22 PM EST

I often set goals for my characters.  Once they meet all their goals, I retire them.

• 11 posts
    November 28, 2011 10:06 PM EST

haha, i thought i was alone!

i cant settle down on just the one character!

im on to my.. 4th? 5th? character, all getting to between 20-30 hours before i drop to the next one haha!

im trying to make my new archer type class go all the way through everything though..

and guess what else? 5 characters, and i still haven't done the main quest line :D  
    probably looking at a grand total play time of like 130+ hours.. lol... i have to much free time.

• 708 posts
    November 28, 2011 10:45 PM EST

I've made various characters to do different questlines. It just seems wrong for a Breton Paladin to be doing Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood quests, so he's done the College, Companions, main quest and Imperial quests, and 'retired' at level 50. On the other hand my new Bosmer Ranger is doing DB, Thieves Guild, and Companions.

• 13 posts
    November 28, 2011 10:45 PM EST

So far I've always just stuck with one character. I have a hard time putting all that work into making my character a bad ass and then starting over from scratch. I still role-play though, my character just eventually realizes that he is essentially a god among men and then goes about doing whatever catches his fancy at the time. It's fun when I start a guild after already being the biggest bad ass in the world and thinking as my character, "None of these people realize that I essentially control the destiny of their world and could destroy any of them, but I'll play along, because it's fun."

• 5 posts
    November 29, 2011 1:39 AM EST

Once Ive' done the main quest i don't really do it it again unless its amazing

Dark Elf Thief/Hunter/Assassin (Thieves Guild, Main Quest, Maybe DB)

NordWarrior/Werewolf        (Stormcloak, Companions)

Imperial                     Mage          (College of Winterhold,Legion) 

Not Sure what next maybe a Redguard Bard/Adventurer. 

• 3 posts
    November 29, 2011 3:33 AM EST

My characters are always all-around. They specialize in one area but end up pretty good in every skill.

• 24 posts
    November 29, 2011 4:30 AM EST

I always tend to make a diferent character but end up to make a female archer who doesn't use swords, and has a bit of knowledge in magic. Love the alchemy feature, though, and I am simply in love with all the bows in the game. I will go through all the game with this character, I really don't like to make more then one, and normally I don't stop until I completed the game 100% (however with Skyrim this will be more than a difficult run). I can be playing a game like Skyrim more then a year-long. 

• 2 posts
    November 29, 2011 7:20 AM EST

I dont like to retire them al the tme. I set my own storyline and objective for my character. onc ehe completes this I usually retire them.  I only do the story up till the first dragon because before that dragons dont randomly appear.

• 31 posts
    November 29, 2011 7:43 AM EST

I have a warrior orc, he's been in the legion and is going to join the companions. He has completed the main quest and is my Dragonborn.

Then I have a thief, an assassin, etc. I enjoy have different characters in the same world, they dont do the main quest though. I just play them for fun. I always return to my main orc.

I also create a drunk vagabond who goes around being an annoyance, doing jail time and generally failing at everything he does.

One of the last things I did in Oblivion, which I plan to do in Skyrim as well, is create an alchemist type character who goes out foraging for rare ingredients and generally just tries to make enough gold to spend another night in the inn.

I enjoy roleplaying and The Elder Scrolls really lets me do that.

• 22 posts
    November 29, 2011 7:53 AM EST

I got my breton as a main and he's mainly a jack-of-all-trades doing everything. I made a Kahjiit ( pretty sure I spelled that wrong ) yesterday though which I'm going to make a full thief.