Forums » Elder Scrolls

Restoration Leveling

• 4 posts
    February 8, 2014 1:14 AM EST

I wanted to finally use the poison rune. It's right up my ally but I always regretted leveling restoration that high. I've looked up a few guides on leveling restoration but they are usually dated 2012 or so. I was wondering what strategies you all used from getting restoration from 20~ to 60~ 

• 79 posts
    February 8, 2014 1:25 AM EST

Quickest way would be to go revive the tree in whiterun to unlock the skill trainer there, train up to skill level 50 then buy turn undead, go to the closest lair with the lowest level draugr available, spam turn undead for 15 or so minute with Mage's Stone (and well rested if you can) and you should be able to get to Restoration 60.

• 79 posts
    February 8, 2014 1:53 AM EST

Getting the Aetherial Crown for most would be too much for some and too time consuming for others. Same goes for getting married. Keep it simple and do the quest and rush Restoration to 50 then level w/ Mage Stone at a low level ruin. You won't have to sacrifice much time and effort. :)

• 79 posts
    February 8, 2014 2:14 AM EST

No no, I mean.. certain players would find getting married a turn off (myself included..) and would avoid that sort of nonsense at all cost.

• 79 posts
    February 8, 2014 2:28 AM EST

Aye and I'm saying the method I've outline seems to be the fastest too.

It takes roughly 10-15 minutes to unlock the healer, optimal time would be to do it while you're becoming or after becoming harbinger. After unlocking it, keep training with her while you keep trudging along the story line or other quests or do what I do and just power level some other skill (say Illusion for example, just spam muffle 5 times or so), go back to town immediately after you level and rinse repeat the process. You should get to 50 in literally no time. Then go to the Mages Stone and pick up Turn Undead, spam the draugr for 10 or so minutes and you'll be 60 easily... All it'll take is roughly 40 or so minutes tops. No fuss and no need to go on a huge expedition to unlock Aetherial crown and such (which will take 30 minutes or so alone to complete).

• 79 posts
    February 8, 2014 3:26 AM EST

And what I'm saying is preparation time to get to that 51 to 60 with..
    Aetherial Crown + (marriage + getting lover's stone + mage stone prep'ed) would take at the bare minimum 35 minutes just to get started..
    Turn Undead takes literally no time to get (you just go up to Farengar and by it from him)..

Then you have to grind using our respective methods of..
    fire trap healing will take more than 15 minutes granted..
    isolating a draugr to a corner of the room and spamming turn undead will take you 10 or so minutes..

Meaning the time spent with..
    your method would end up taking a total of 50 or so minutes.
    my method would end up taking a total of 10 or so minutes.

• 4 posts
    February 8, 2014 4:50 AM EST

Ok. No need to argue over something so pointless. He has his method, you have yours.

• 79 posts
    February 8, 2014 6:31 AM EST

Mm.. don't know what you're getting at. Nether of us are arguing, we are just stating our individual points (debating if you will).

Anyways those are the jest of it, I hope you've come to some sort of conclusion to your question. :)