Forums » Elder Scrolls

Everyones favorite skyrim region

• 8 posts
    November 17, 2012 10:36 PM EST
    Hi guys, was just wondering what was everyones favorite place to explore in skyrim? Mine personally is the surrounding region of Riften! Absolutley beautiful scenery! Just interested in what other explorers like the most and if they have a memorable story about a certain place
    • 291 posts
    November 17, 2012 11:12 PM EST

I love the area south of Lake Ilinalta and the southern edges of Falkreath.  I also love the Sea of Ghosts area, especially the northern coast of Haafingar.  And any of the snowy forests are lovely.

• AJ
    • 47 posts
    November 18, 2012 4:06 AM EST

For me it's the mountainious a bit south of the road between Markarth and Rorikstead. I also like the area surrounding Dragon Bridge.

• 44 posts
    November 18, 2012 9:04 AM EST
    the great plains of whiterun hold,and the rift are my favorite regions
    • 409 posts
    November 18, 2012 10:31 AM EST
    I gotta say Whiterun hold as we it is a very wide open space with so much to explore
    • 1 posts
    November 18, 2012 10:33 AM EST

Southern Eastmarch! Love me some soakin' in a hot spring.

• 8 posts
    November 18, 2012 10:54 AM EST
    Ha ha always makes me laugh the hunters kickin back chillin in the springs
  • November 18, 2012 12:26 PM EST
    Nice question! I too like open spaces most, like around Whiterun, Eastmarch, ant the area between Falkreath and Solitude. I love mountains too, but I prefer them a bit farer away than in front of my nose.
  • November 18, 2012 3:43 PM EST

Riften. It reminds me so much about the Scottish Loch's, although it also seems to be based around Wales, particularly Mount Snowdon.

• 11 posts
    November 18, 2012 3:59 PM EST

Anywhere Falkreath is where I like to go. Even though I am around level 50, I like to get some old fur armor and a hunting bow and just, well, hunt. I usually do it when I am having trouble with a quest, and I need to blow off some steam.

• 8 posts
    November 18, 2012 5:48 PM EST
    And i thought i was the only one who did this ha ha i like to hunt and fish outside riften as honeyside is the perfect hunters house
    • 2 posts
    November 21, 2012 11:43 AM EST

The areas around Whiterun and Falkreath to be sure (when it comes to outdoor areas), but I'm a sucker for exploring every single dungeon.  I'm still finding dungeons I've never been through before-it really is amazing how much content they put into vanilla Skyrim.  Though with that said, I have to mix the dungeons up.  I can't mentally deal with doing 2 or 3 Dwemer ruins in a row.  Those falmer just creep me out.  Plus the variety is the spice of (virtual) life!